NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Do you think we’d be in the Final Four right now if we’d only had bama’s path to get there?

YES

• Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, Bigtrain333 said:

YES

If we couldn’t find a way to figure out Yale , I have a hard time believing we would get through UNC. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

If we couldn’t find a way to figure out Yale , I have a hard time believing we would get through UNC. 

Or even Charleston the way we played

• Like 5

We will all never understand why we played so bad against Yale. Worst game of the year on the biggest stage when a week before we looked like a lock for the sweet 16. The game against Florida compared to Yale looking like a pro team compared to a toybowl bball team. 

Idk if we would’ve made it to the final 4 in Bama’s bracket but we would’ve had the best chance. 

40 minutes ago, Bigtrain333 said:

YES

If we hadn’t been booted out in the first rd by a 13 seed maybe there could be a valid point. Can’t crap the bed right from the get go and then complain about someone else’s draw. I mean you can, bet seems embarrassing to me and very short sighted. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Getting ready to watch Tennessee take on Purdue, featuring two of the best players of the year.

Both of these teams came in with a reputation of crapping out of the tourney early, but both have advanced true to their seeding. Hoping for a good game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Question….but hasn’t AU gone after that guy?  Cooper, Holloway and now Pettiford.   Although, I just read that he may play the 2 more next year.   Throw in Isaac, Herron and Powell, and Bruce has recruited 1 and 2 guys, the problem is keeping them.   
Sears is what, a fourth or fifth year player.   If Auburn went after that player, fans would be screaming, why did we sign that guy.   He has developed his game over time and is now playing with such confidence that he is hard to stop.   Plus he’s playing in a system that allows players to play the way most want to play, shoot and get up and down the court.     Give Oats credit, the man can recruit shooters.    

No he hasn't, he simply hasn't hit on his point guards. When we got Cooper we were still short on guards that could handle the ball.

If Oates recruited the way we do then he wouldn't have signed Mark. He would have said we have a guard..... And then they wouldn't be where they are now. They may not would even have made the tournament. 

Then the next we signed 3 or 4 guards from small schools a couple of years after that.... You have to evaluate and know what you are seeing. I saw Mark play Cooper head to head and outplayed him their senior year.... That's the thing you look at. So now you have your 5 star and you also know you have a diamond in the rough because you did your diligence. I'm sure Auburn had coaches watching that game.

• Thanks 1

I think UNC guards would have given us a bunch of problems. Especially their point. JB and their big man would have been exciting to watch though

Whole Vol team is on fire from 3...7-10 right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Knecht is a beast. We got to get a shooter like that. 

As we have seen and learned having go to guy is very important 

• Like 1

I so hate the possession arrow crap. I really wish they would adopt the NBA jump ball rule

Edited by e808

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

This is one if the most off base posts I've seen in a long time. 

It was a question to another poster that, in my opinion, has a lot of basketball knowledge and was curious to get his opinion.   

But thank you for your kind words and enjoy Easter Sunday.   

• Haha 1

Purdue punched right back after going down 11...and I also would like to see the alternating possession rule go bye-bye.

15 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Saban is from West Virginia..................

Yeah he did really well when LSU hired him. They took a chance on him and he had never coached in the southeast that I know of. LSU also hired Les Miles and he was a Michigan guy that had been at Oklahoma State as a HC. So LSU has taken chances on coaches without southeastern experience and its paid off with Saban, Miles and now Brian Kelly. When Florida hired Urban Meyer he had been an asst. coach in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana and Colorado and was the HC for 2 years at Bowling Green and then his time at Utah. He came to Florida and won a Natty in year 2 and another in year 4. So not ever coaching in the southeast didn't hurt him either.

I think if a coach is really good, he can go anywhere and win if the college he coaches at has a strong athletics department. Florida, LSU and Alabama do well in most all of their sports programs. 

Heck, Bruce Pearl attended Boston College, coached at Iowa as an asst., Southern Indiana and Milwaukee as a HC. Tennessee hired him and he had no experience in the south but he took off just fine at Tennessee and recruiting was doing fine. 

I just feel like if a coach is good at what he does, it travels. The program has to be behind that coach as well. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Purdue punched right back after going down 11...and I also would like to see the alternating possession rule go bye-bye.

Two good teams going at it. How it’s supposed to be. Love it. 

Let's go UT.  Had them down by 11 and went cold.

Edey makes low post play look easy, with his size and strength advantage.  Wonder how Broome would do against him.

2 hours ago, Bigtrain333 said:

YES

I’m as big an Auburn homer as anyone, but come on. We couldn’t get past our first game against YALE. You need to take off the orange and blue glasses.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Let's go UT.  Had them down by 11 and went cold.

Edey makes low post play look easy, with his size and strength advantage.  Wonder how Broome would do against him.

Broome would have to be pretty crafty around the rim. He isn’t the most athletic guy. Defensively Card would probably do better if they let them play 

Man Zeigler stinking it up from the line and Edey getting all these favorable calls. He is like an entire foot taller than some of these guys

16 hours ago, fishepa said:

You all deserve it. Easiest path to the final four ever. 

Actually a stat was posted somewhere on here saying this years Duke team has had the easiest run ever. Their four games so far have been against #1 seed, #11 seed, #12 seed and #13 seed. And in the win over #1 seed Houston, their star PG Jamal Shead went out in the first half with a bad ankle injury and didn't return which made it alot easier on Duke. 

Bama's beaten a #1, #6, #12 and #13. Not a gauntlet at all but not as easy as Duke has faced. If Bama beats UConn (I doubt they will), they'll deserve all the praise as bad as it would suck.

• Like 1

Edey plays offense well with his back to the basket, and also when facing the basket.

He plays good defense.

He draws fouls.

He shoots free throws well.

He reminds me of a young Tim Duncan when he played at Wake Forest.

• Like 1

Zeigler is really struggling and Vols are getting out hustled

Edited by e808