Georgia RB Trevor Etienne arrested

on3.com

Georgia RB Trevor Etienne arrested Sunday morning on four charges

Nick Schultz

3–4 minutes

Georgia running back Trevor Etienne was arrested in Athens Sunday morning, On3 and DawgsHQ’s Palmer Thombs reported. He is facing multiple misdemeanor charges related to driving.

Etienne was booked at 4:35 a.m. local time on four charges – driving under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving, failure to maintain lane and affixing materials that reduce the visibility from windows and/or windshield. He posted a $1,883 bond and was released less than an hour later, at 5:27 a.m.

Etienne is gearing up for his first season at Georgia after transferring from Florida. He arrived in Athens as a highly touted transfer portal addition for the Bulldogs, and he will bolster a running game that is losing Daijun Edwards and Kendall Milton to the 2024 NFL Draft. Those two combined for 1,670 rushing yards and 27 touchdowns a season ago, meaning the Bulldogs had to find a way to replace that production.

Last season, Etienne – brother of Travis Etienne – had a career-high 753 yards and eight touchdowns to serve as a key piece of the Florida running game. After entering the transfer portal, he came in as the No. 19 overall player in the On3 Industry Transfer Rankings.

DUI - posted bond and was released in less than an hour?  He didn't even have to sit in the drunk tank to sobber up.  :rolleyes:

You think that is crazy…wait until he gets off with lesser charges, low $ fine, and doesn’t miss any game time!
It’s the THUGA way!

I’m sure Kirby will suspend him for the whole first half of the Berry College game. He’s tough like that. 

• Haha 1

I'm not trying to defend Kirby in any way, but I see people driving 40-50 miles over the speed limit on I-20 through Atlanta every time I go through there. All Georgia tags. It's so bad that you can do 75 in a 55 and the cops won't even look your way. And a lot of the mega speeders are also invincible, as they don't appear to care if they wreck or cause you and a couple of others to wreck with them. 

Full disclosure. I'm old but still have a lead foot. If I say you're going too fast, you're going too fast.