Rolls Eyes

al.com

Trump, country music star team up to sell $60 Bibles: ‘Make America Pray Again’

Published: Mar. 26, 2024, 12:57 p.m.

4–5 minutes

Donald Trump is joining forces with a country music star to start a line of Bibles.

The former President of the United States is teaming with Lee Greenwood to sell the “God Bless the U.S.A.” Bible.

“Religion and Christianity are the biggest things missing from this country, and I truly believe that we need to bring them back,” Trump said in a video posted on his social media platform Truth Social. “It’s one of the biggest problems we have, that’s why our country’s going haywire, we’ve lost religion in our country.”

The Trump-Greenwood Bible, a King James translation, includes a copy of a “handwritten chorus” to the eponymous Greenwood hit, according to the website.

The “God Bless the U.S.A. Bible” costs $59.99, not including shipping and other fees, but it does include, per Trump, copies of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence and Pledge of Allegiance.

“That’s why our country is going haywire,” Trump said. “We’ve lost religion in our country. All Americans need a Bible in their home, and I have many. It’s my favorite book. It’s a lot of people’s favorite book.

It’s the “only Bible” endorsed by either Trump or Greenwood, the site specifies. And, it adds, it’s “the ONLY Bible inspired by America’s most recognized patriotic anthem, God Bless The USA.”

“And this is very important and very important to me,” Trump said. “I want to have a lot of people have it. You have to have it for your heart, for your soul. Many of you have never read them and don’t know the liberties and rights you have as Americans, and how you are being threatened to lose those rights; it’s happening all the time.

“It’s a very sad thing that’s going on in our country but we’re going to get it turned around. Religion and Christianity are the biggest things missing from this country and I truly believe that we need to bring them back here and we have to bring them back fast. I think it’s one of the biggest problems we have.”

The text is also printed in a large font that highlights the words of Jesus in red.

“It’s my favorite book. It’s a lot of people’s favorite book,” Trump added of the Bible.

The website selling the Trump-backed Bibles specifies that none of its proceeds will go toward the Trump campaign.

The site says it “is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign.”

“In the end, we do not answer to bureaucrats in Washington,” Trump said. “We answer to God in heaven. Christians are under siege. We must protect content that is pro-God. We love God, and we have to protect anything that is pro-God. We must defend God in the public square and not allow the media or the left-wing groups to silence, censor, or discriminate against us. We have to bring Christianity back into our lives and back into what will be again, a great nation. Our founding fathers did a tremendous thing when they built America on Judeo-Christian values. Now that foundation is under attack, perhaps as never before.

“What can we do? Stand up, speak out and pray that God will bless America again. I’m proud to endorse and encourage you to get this Bible. We must make America pray again, pray, get educated, get motivated, and stand with me and the legions of Americans asking God to bless our great nation, to bring our great nation back, and to make America great again. I’m proud to partner with Lee in this offering. He’s a very special man both as a talent, but maybe even more so as a human being. He’s very, very special and I think you all should get a copy of God Bless the U.S.A. Bible now and help spread our Christian values with others. There you have it. Let’s make America pray again. God bless you and God bless the U.S.A.”

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

Trump is Jesus reincarnated! I must have the Trump Bible!

• Like 1

trump Bible would have to come with crayons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Can’t hurt.

it cheapens jesus in my humble opinion. he is not doing it for love he is doing it for money.

• Like 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

it cheapens jesus in my humble opinion. he is not doing it for love he is doing it for money.

I would argue he is doing it for love of self

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I would argue he is doing it for love of self

do people argue on here? grins

• Haha 1

Puts his base in a tough spot as consumers: “Trump Faux Gold sneakers, Trump Bible, or the Dale Earnhardt commemorative coaster set?” What to do, what to do. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Puts his base in a tough spot as consumers: “Trump Faux Gold sneakers, Trump Bible, or the Dale Earnhardt commemorative coaster set?” What to do, what to do. 

well that's just tuff! get it? grins............

• Haha 1