Coleman Hughes

He does a great job.  Sonny is an example of being a part of the problem.  Instead of discussing the merits, she dives directly into "I'm friends with MLK's daughter".... as though that is an important part of the discussion.

His way of discussing the issue is the path to actual progress.  People can't be afraid to discuss the topic.  That leads to avoiding the topic, which results in even more of a lack of understanding.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

He does a great job.  Sonny is an example of being a part of the problem.  Instead of discussing the merits, she dives directly into "I'm friends with MLK's daughter".... as though that is an important part of the discussion.

His way of discussing the issue is the path to actual progress.  People can't be afraid to discuss the topic.  That leads to avoiding the topic, which results in even more of a lack of understanding.

Whoopi listened, he listened— they had a good exchange. Sunny  wasn’t really wanting to listen, but his demeanor helped to keep her from getting too far afield. Democrats should listen to this guy. I’ve heard too many folks dismiss his as “conservative.” He doesn’t strike as part of the polarization.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Whoopi listened, he listened— they had a good exchange. Sunny  wasn’t really wanting to listen, but his demeanor helped to keep her from getting too far afield. Democrats should listen to this guy. I’ve heard too many folks dismiss his as “conservative.” He doesn’t strike as part of the polarization.

I completely agree.  We spend so much time concentrating on how we are different that we miss the many many more ways that we are alike.

• Like 1

Coleman is a calm, highly intelligent voice of reason. We need more folks like him. Unfortunately, those traits have become an anomaly in our society. 

• Like 2