Why is it ok.............

..........to send billions to israel and not ukraine? because of jesus? just curious.................

• Facepalm 1

thats what i thought.... silence. jesus would be upset at his tribe killing kids and women.............

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

The US has so far sent Ukraine roughly $111bn in weapons, equipment, humanitarian assistance and other aid since the start of the war more than two years ago.

Also, here are some charts to help you.

https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-aid-has-us-sent-ukraine-here-are-six-charts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

No comments? Jesus would be upset at spreading lies.

• Like 2

What a ridiculous question. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, creed said:

Ridiculous and Ill informed 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

The US has so far sent Ukraine roughly $111bn in weapons, equipment, humanitarian assistance and other aid since the start of the war more than two years ago.

https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-aid-has-us-sent-ukraine-here-are-six-charts

Im not sure of the point here. Symmetrical investment? Israel has been receiving significant US funding every year for 70 years and is a potent military force today only because of it. It is roughly on par or superior to any country in the region and has nukes as a further deterrent (worlds worst kept secret).  Additionally Israel is not being invaded by the #2 most powerful country on earth with 400,000 troops on their soil.

I support helping both countries but doing a 2022-2024 $ investment comparison is meaningless.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Im not sure of the point here

Read the OP. Your input informative and thanks. Birds point is rather obvious. 

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Read the OP. Your input informative and thanks. Birds point is rather obvious. 

Understand. We’ve all been down the why Israel is special to evangelicals a zillion times. Maybe 2 zillion. My only point was if youre going to actually support both - the financial math won’t be close to equal.

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

i am pretty sure over the years Israel has had more money donated overall than to ukraine? Also russia is a sworn enemy of the united states so we fight them and their agression where we can. and my point is missed. most people give israel a free pass on money because of religion.

12 hours ago, creed said:

you feel better now?

I stand by what i said. the same people i interact with and many whom are friends want the aid to ukraine to stop but it is ok to give to israel. this is my point. and it DOES come down to religion. i stand by what i said. and this is not a slap at religion for the record.

9 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Understand. We’ve all been down the why Israel is special to evangelicals a zillion times. Maybe 2 zillion. My only point was if youre going to actually support both - the financial math won’t be close to equal.

thank you for helping me on my point. i get in such a dang hurry to post my thoughts before i forget my points i screw up....

Just so that everyone is on the same page….I seem to recall that the country in question was part (under Soviet law from around 1920’s - 1991).   Of course we weren’t going to give them money during this time.   Even after the break up with USSR, Ukraine has been one of the most corrupt governments in the world.   
So to say that Israel has been getting money way longer, well, yea duh!!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Do you believe we support Israel only because evangelists think we should support Israel?  Have we not moved beyond this issue?  Why does the left like bringing this up since no one is arguing this point as the need for assistance for Israel?  It is a talking point for the left to own Christians.

Who has financed HAMAS for all these years and what has HAMAS done with the aid?  Gaza is a poor country that has a tunnel system under the city for one purpose and it isn’t the betterment of their citizens.  What country has allowed Iran access to $ billions of once restricted funds and allowed Iran to sell their oil again after sanctions were relaxed?  These two acts are the reason for the current conflict and it is not because the evangelists favor Israel in aiding Israel.

I wonder why people just limit their scope of this problem just to the evangelist in this country.  Is it because they are not thinking?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again. Read the OP. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you believe we support Israel only because evangelists think we should support Israel?  Have we not moved beyond this issue?  Why does the left like bringing this up since no one is arguing this point as the need for assistance for Israel?  It is a talking point for the left to own Christians.

Who has financed HAMAS for all these years and what has HAMAS done with the aid?  Gaza is a poor country that has a tunnel system under the city for one purpose and it isn’t the betterment of their citizens.  What country has allowed Iran access to $ billions of once restricted funds and allowed Iran to sell their oil again after sanctions were relaxed?  These two acts are the reason for the current conflict and it is not because the evangelists favor Israel in aiding Israel.

I wonder why people just limit their scope of this problem just to the evangelist in this country.  Is it because they are not thinking?

For the 100th time - I fully support funding Israel. My issue is with maga not also supporting Ukraine.  It’s spooky and adds to the in bed with Putin narrative.  The significant delay in promised funding cost many lives and lost territory.

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

For the 100th time - I fully support funding Israel. My issue is with maga not also supporting Ukraine.  It’s spooky and adds to the in bed with Putin narrative.  The significant delay in promised funding cost many lives and lost territory.

Non responsive.  I didn’t question your support, just why you still believe the support is based on evangelical principals which the OP suggests. Realize too, that the delay was originally based on protecting our borders and if Biden wanted immediate funds he could have done so by EO that he wiped out when he came in office.  He was too stubborn to do that or his ego wouldn’t let him.  He also saw the opportunity to blame Republicans (MAGA) for this action.  Sounds like you bought in.

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

listening to the turd will rot your brain...........

Just now, aubiefifty said:

listening to the turd will rot your brain...........

If you have me on ignore, please be strong and keep it that way.

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Non responsive.  I didn’t question your support, just why you still believe the support is based on evangelical principals which the OP suggests. Realize too, that the delay was originally based on protecting our borders and if Biden wanted immediate funds he could have done so by EO that he wiped out when he came in office.  He was too stubborn to do that or his ego wouldn’t let him.  He also saw the opportunity to blame Republicans (MAGA) for this action.  Sounds like you bought in.

Ok, I’m nuts. It’s all Biden’s fault again (damn doesn’t that get old?). So to be clear - you fully support Ukraine and see Putin as an enemy of the state and democracies. Right?

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ok, I’m nuts. It’s all Biden’s fault again (damn doesn’t that get old?). So to be clear - you fully support Ukraine and see Putin as an enemy of the state and democracies. Right?

To be clear; Putin is our enemy and funding Ukraine is necessary.  I would, however, like to see some strategy to win the war or bring an end to it to save lives.  Blaming Biden for these two conflicts doesn’t get old as a lot of people on this board can’t see how he has involve America in both conflicts.  They were not a natural progression of things to come without his help.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

To be clear; Putin is our enemy and funding Ukraine is necessary.  I would, however, like to see some strategy to win the war or bring an end to it to save lives.  Blaming Biden for these two conflicts doesn’t get old as a lot of people on this board can’t see how he has involve America in both conflicts.  They were not a natural progression of things to come without his help.

I do find blaming Biden for literally everything wrong in the universe and maga never accepting responsibility for anything (Trump culture) very tiresome. However, I agree with your position on Ukraine.  Russia has 3 times the population and in a long term attrition war, that rarely ends well for the smaller country. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 4/23/2024 at 12:14 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Again. Read the OP. 

I assumed he was referring to the recent appropriations legislation which many Republicans specifically opposed aid to Ukraine while supporting aid to Israel.