It's time to Celebrate the 1983, 1993 and 2004 National Championships

Every now and then we try to start such an uprising and also including 1913 and 1914.  It goes nowhere.  I think there might have even been a vote by the BOT at some point in the past.  Obviously, our PTB do not follow Bammer logic when it comes to such claims.  

• Like 2

Although I believe 2004 was one of the greatest Auburn teams that is the one year I’m on the fence for.  I think we got screwed for not being in that title game.  I think we should claim the other 4-5 years for sure.  Always should have.

• Like 2

1913/14 yes. These others just don't quite make it. We should have been in the '04 title game. What would have happened against USC is questionable. They ripped us pretty good in the '03 game in Auburn. 1983, we got jumped and that was bad but there's no denying that Miami got more votes. '93 we didn't play in a bowl game and who knows how that would have turned out.

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

1913/14 yes. These others just don't quite make it. We should have been in the '04 title game. What would have happened against USC is questionable. They ripped us pretty good in the '03 game in Auburn. 1983, we got jumped and that was bad but there's no denying that Miami got more votes. '93 we didn't play in a bowl game and who knows how that would have turned out.

It's always questionable to predict outcomes of games not played. I personally believe that the 03 team was not the 04 team for USC or AU. And I think AU would win so we might disagree. But we would have curb stomped Oklahoma as bad or worse than they did. 

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 1:08 AM, autigeremt said:

With the "NEW" standard of revisionist history when it comes to College Football accolades and awards, it's now time to officially celebrate the 1983, 1993 and 2004 National Championships! Put it on the stadium and let those players and coaches finally celebrate their championships! 

War Eagle! 

I couldn’t agree more and there are a few other years that could be added as well!