Jump to content

Stop calling Barkley asking for NIL money.


Recommended Posts

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites





I cannot blame him............

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good for him

if players want to give him a piece of their future earnings then that might be an investment worth considering but endless contributions with no financial benefit is not wise

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol idiots, what did you expect to be constantly hounded for nil held hostage ransom money? Anyone that pays nil is a sucker. Go buy lottery tickets instead. College semi pro ball has become the worst scam ever.

if it takes huge amounts of cash to play at Auburn go somewhere else.

Championships don’t mean much anymore when you can just buy them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barkley then tried getting Nowitzi to attend his alma mater, Auburn University. He offered to pay his way there “no matter what it costs.” 

I like Charles, he’s a good guy, but if he’d stop making statements like this one he’d be a little more credible at times. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Barkley then tried getting Nowitzi to attend his alma mater, Auburn University. He offered to pay his way there “no matter what it costs.” 

I like Charles, he’s a good guy, but if he’d stop making statements like this one he’d be a little more credible at times. 

How is this the same as don’t call me EVERY YEAR for millions. I don’t think he has a problem fronting money for an athlete , particularly someone who plays his sport. But I don’t blame him in saying, stop trying to get me to front money every year. You are talking about a one off , very special talent versus annually asking for a large donation. That is a major difference. 

  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, DAG said:

How is this the same as don’t call me EVERY YEAR for millions. I don’t think he has a problem fronting money for an athlete , particularly someone who plays his sport. But I don’t blame him in saying, stop trying to get me to front money every year. You are talking about a one off , very special talent versus annually asking for a large donation. That is a major difference. 

I knew what I said wouldn’t be the popular thing to say but it doesn’t change how I feel about it. If he wants to say these things, say them in private because the public conversation is not necessary. That’s just how I see it. I wasn’t raised to call attention to myself so I guess I expect that out of others. That’s all I’m trying to say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

I knew what I said wouldn’t be the popular thing to say but it doesn’t change how I feel about it. If he wants to say these things, say them in private because the public conversation is not necessary. That’s just how I see it. I wasn’t raised to call attention to myself so I guess I expect that out of others. That’s all I’m trying to say. 

i love charles but  a lot of folks feel the same.he is usually funny and cringe worthy but he rocks my little auburn world. i got your back G but it is gonna cost ya............

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i love charles but  a lot of folks feel the same.he is usually funny and cringe worthy but he rocks my little auburn world. i got your back G but it is gonna cost ya............

I don’t dislike Charles but I understand my take will meet disapproval. It’s fine. Appreciate you. I just prefer low key stuff like that and Charles is not low key. Guess that’s why I love Bo Jackson so much. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

I knew what I said wouldn’t be the popular thing to say but it doesn’t change how I feel about it. If he wants to say these things, say them in private because the public conversation is not necessary. That’s just how I see it. I wasn’t raised to call attention to myself so I guess I expect that out of others. That’s all I’m trying to say. 

Then he wouldn’t be the Charles Barkley we know and love.  That is who he is and what got him to the stature where Auburn feels comfortable asking him for money. If anyone has a reason to gripe it is him because he actually has gave sums of money to the school and able to do so at an impactful level if he chooses. As oppose to the people on here griping, who probably hasn’t given a dime. 

Edited by DAG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, gr82be said:

Barkley then tried getting Nowitzi to attend his alma mater, Auburn University. He offered to pay his way there “no matter what it costs.” 

I like Charles, he’s a good guy, but if he’d stop making statements like this one he’d be a little more credible at times. 

His “credibility” actually stems from his authenticity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...