RB questions answered??

tgr4lfe

Irons - 11 carries 147 yds 2 TD

Lester - 7 carries 91 yds 2 TD plus 93 yard kick off return for TD

Smith - 7 carries 52 yds 1 TD

Stewart - 8 carries 51 yds 1 TD

Davis - 2 carries 49 yds 1 TD

Irons and Lester looked very good, considering competition. Tre and Stewart had a couple of good runs themselves, but Irons looks to be the go to guy!! Lester is proving to be a guy you gotta put the ball in his hands type. What's everyone thoughts??

This was Ball St....you won't learn anything playing a team like Ball St.

I just wish Irons got more touches against Ga Tech. Even in a loss we would've learned more about him. How many touches did he get in that game? like 2?

Well I know it is Ball St. But coaches said the next two weeks they wanted to settle down to two RBs. With W. KY next week is going to be basically the same thing. Still think Irons and Lester are who to go with when SC comes to town. Of course, Ball St has just as good a run D as SC :D

Of course, Ball St has just as good a run D as SC :D

182052[/snapback]

Wow, no kidding.

I just wish we gave Irons more of a chance when we really needed his help. The coaches talked him up when him and his brother signed with us, it's just frustrating to see us struggle to run the ball and then barely use him. Doesn't make sense to me.

Tre Smith is just not a first down running back. My wife was even noticing how our running game has just gotten so weak. "Why are they not fighting for yardage like Carnell and Ronnie did", is what she said. Oh well... :rolleyes:

I appreciate the coaches trying to stick with Tre; but he is not 12 game AU starting tailback caliber. Not sure what we did all Spring and Fall practice. It should not have taken the coaches this long to figure out who could run the ball.

I appreciate the coaches trying to stick with Tre; but he is not 12 game AU starting tailback caliber.  Not sure what we did all Spring and Fall practice.  It should not have taken the coaches this long to figure out who could run the ball.

182066[/snapback]

No doubt. Who knows since they have been able to see Irons, Stewart or Lester against a D other than AUs

I appreciate the coaches trying to stick with Tre; but he is not 12 game AU starting tailback caliber.  Not sure what we did all Spring and Fall practice.  It should not have taken the coaches this long to figure out who could run the ball.

182066[/snapback]

I agree :thumbsup:

i heard a brief sound byte last night of coach gran saying that irons was our starter, and i think he said stewart is our "2nd guy".

182154[/snapback]

:au: Tre should be used situationally with Lester and Irons toting the load. However, I also believe Jake Slaughter can be used much more effectively with a run mixed in here and there and a middle screen or a play action delay over the middle. :football:

I am happy with all 4.

Tre is a great guy. But he may be too smallish for a featured back.

Aside from that, tho. Tre wil forever be in :au: lore for Bama 02.

i heard a brief sound byte last night of coach gran saying that irons was our starter, and i think he said stewart is our "2nd guy".

182154[/snapback]

You're right MC, quote from Coach Gran in O/A News.

Article on AU running game

MIike Szvetitz makes some interesting points about Tre also, in his "limited role due to injury", but did return punts, block, etc. ???

Irons is the man on top right now!! Had some friends suggesting to nickname Lester "the Porsche", what do ya think??

Archived