I'll be the first one to say

vatz22au

Bama played a hell of a game. They looked very good and had a great gameplan. As far as Shula's descision with Prothro....that was kind of off, but crap happens :( Other than that, great game by bama....Should be an interesting Iron Bowl.

Bama played a hell of a game.  They looked very good and had a great gameplan.  As far as Shula's desicision with Prothro....that was kind of off, but crap happens  :(   Other than that, great game by bama....Should be an interesting Iron Bowl.

185471[/snapback]

I agree, Iron Bowl looks very intresting

I wonder if people are ready to drop the whole "shula, rader, and kines are sorry coaches" talk now.

btw, it may have been south carolina, but it was another sec win. You beat any non vandy/uk sec team by 41 points...you are on target.

Man if LSU would have won monday, it would have been a west to east clean sweep!

UAT looks like it may be separating itself from the rest. Well see how the rest of the schedule plays out. UF was totally outmanned AND outcoached.

AU looks like it has improved. USC was very shorthanded without its starting QB. This is a very bad team. I am still worried about our running game. Looks better with Lester and Irons than earlier. Our D is really good. Fields I think has a good future. Good backup QB but not ready for SEC at this point. Better than I originally thought though. I think Arky will be better and we should know if we are ready for LSU after that game. Again, right now, UAT looks like the team to beat, however I look for UT to really test them with Clausen at QB.

I agree, Bama looks pretty good after man handling UF yesterday. That being said, I think our team is really shaping up as well. The Iron Bowl will be a battle and at this point I'd have to give the nod to the team with the least bites from the injury bug.

I agree, Bama looks pretty good after man handling UF yesterday. That being said, I think our team is really shaping up as well.  The Iron Bowl will be a battle and at this point I'd have to give the nod to the team with the least bites from the injury bug.

185513[/snapback]

You are exactly right. It looks like it will come down to who has what key players out with injuries. Brodie Croyle and Mike Shula have been heavily criticized the last couple f years. It looks like they are now making some people eat some crow.

c'mon now, shula has earned a little of that criticism hasn't he? is he coming around now? it looks that way. but that doesn't change the fact that his learning on the job time was marred by inconsistency and error.

as for this bama team, woooooooo. that's all i could say. i told my cousin who goes to bama before the year that no one should score more than 24 on either team all year, and i stand by that. bama may not even need that from the looks of things. and if travis williams is going to play the way he did last night, or even close to that, we're going to be right at the top of scoring defense again this year.

it's a looooong way away, but i'm excited about a potentially meaningful iron bowl. been a while since both teams were relevant at the same time. i hope bama can find a new spark on offense without prothro. that boy is bad, but he's not coming back before january. tough guy to replace midseason.

i think auburn, alabama, tennessee with clausen at qb, and uga are the best teams in the sec. and they all have two games remaining against someone in the group. through in a good but inconsistent lsu team and a low scoring florida team. it's going to be fun to see how all this shakes out

c'mon now, shula has earned a little of that criticism hasn't he? is he coming around now? it looks that way. but that doesn't change the fact that his learning on the job time was marred by inconsistency and error.

185528[/snapback]

Hey, I never said he did not deserve it. But, like I said, as far as bammers are concerned, they should have taken into account that no other UAT coach has ever came into a situation as bad as he has with the program. It is not his fault that UAT hired an inexperienced college coach over experienced candidates. :D

Yeah I am a little worried about our running game.. we have to improve greatly to be able and take on the tough defenses of the SEC. I saw signs of last years offense in the 1st play of the game.. and we are going to need to do more of that.. get the running backs involved in the passing game. Courtney Taylor needs to get back in there and make some big plays. He knows how to get open, I want to see more of him this season.

Auburn and Alabama, both in the Top 25... How long has it been? =D If both teams win out, then this Iron Bowl will be too AWESOME!

Yeah I am a little worried about our running game.. we have to improve greatly to be able and take on the tough defenses of the SEC. I saw signs of last years offense in the 1st play of the game.. and we are going to need to do more of that.. get the running backs involved in the passing game. Courtney Taylor needs to get back in there and make some big plays. He knows how to get open, I want to see more of him this season.

Auburn and Alabama, both in the Top 25... How long has it been? =D If both teams win out, then this Iron Bowl will be too AWESOME!

185544[/snapback]

even better (for me at least) BAMA #10 according to USA TODAY.... how long has THAT BEEN???? :ua::big:

Bama won...WHOPPIE.... I'm so sick of hearing our matchup with $PUAT called the IRON BOWL I could :puke: This game was only called the IRON BOWL because of where it was played...Birmingham (more accurately referred to as BAMAham). IT'S NOT THE IRON BOWL ANYMORE PEOPLE!!!!! It never will be again. Besides this game doesn't need some special title to make it the best rivalry in sports. And Contrary to what our resident Kook-Aid drinker believes....one win over an over-rated team does NOT mean your team is back...

185544[/snapback]

even better (for me at least) BAMA #10 according to USA TODAY.... how long has THAT BEEN???? :ua::big:

185600[/snapback]

http://www.wpri.com/Global/story.asp?S=3926369&nav=F2DQ

Bama ranked #7 in the AP.

....one win over an over-rated team does NOT mean your team is back...

185602[/snapback]

You're right. A 31-3 win over the #5 team in the nation does.

Any way you slice it, we are 5-0. And we have a monster win over a team that has already beaten a top 10 team.

I wonder if people are ready to drop the whole "shula, rader, and kines are sorry coaches" talk now.

185497[/snapback]

Ok the win was a huge one for :ua: and I am not trying to take anything away from it, shula doesn't even have a winning record in his carrer. He is 15-15 thats not a record I would go around bragging about and one win against a ranked team doesn't mean he is a good coach; he had a good plan for UF but saying shula is a good coach because of one win is like saying CSS is a bad one since he has lost 3 @ :usc: .

His career record is 15-15. His 2005 record is 5-0.

You guys can poo poo those injuries as being reasons for our struggles all you want. All I say is look at this year.

Brodie has made all the difference in the world.

IT'S NOT THE IRON BOWL ANYMORE PEOPLE!!!!!  It never will be again. 

Sorry, it'll ALWAYS be known as the Iron Bowl.

Not when there was no basis at all for them to be ranked #5, and not when the team has a new caoch, and is totally unproven.... BG it takes more than one game to bring a program back, and bama still has a LONG WAY to go.... and Shula does not prove himself as a good coach with just this one win....He'll be gone in two years...

....one win over an over-rated team does NOT mean your team is back...

185602[/snapback]

You're right. A 31-3 win over the #5 team in the nation does.

Any way you slice it, we are 5-0. And we have a monster win over a team that has already beaten a top 10 team.

185608[/snapback]

185631[/snapback]

I'll NEVER, EVER refer to our annual matchup with Alabama JC as the IRON BOWL. It will never return to birmingham, so it makes NO SENSE to keep calling it that. As far as I'm concerend its simply the Alabama game...

185631[/snapback]

I'll NEVER, EVER refer to our annual matchup with Alabama JC as the IRON BOWL. It will never return to birmingham, so it makes NO SENSE to keep calling it that. As far as I'm concerend its simply the Alabama game...

185648[/snapback]

One man, making a stand against decades of history. No offense bro, but there are thousands, if not tens or hundreds of thousands, of people that will continue to call it the Iron Bowl. By the way, have they ever played the OM vs MSU game in an Egg?

"Iron Bowl" is just too ingrained in me for me to call it anything else.

"Iron Bowl" is just too ingrained in me for me to call it anything else.

185731[/snapback]

Exactly!!!

Archived