I'll be the first one to say

vatz22au

Things are returning to normal in the conference.  :au::ua: are the cream of the crop just as it should be.

185670[/snapback]

Absolutely!!! This could be college football's premier rivalry game of the year!!!

as much as i hate to say it, we have a lot further to go to proving we are a good team than alabama. i will continue to poo poo those injuries b/c when the team had a chance to prove they were PRETTY GOOD based on their defense, minnesota ran up 300+ yards on them. average teams find ways to be average. this team, this year isn't like that. they're finding ways to make plays from start to finish, not just for a half. you should be proud of this bama team, but that doesn't make former bama teams any better.

conversely, auburn has a long way to go this year. we have yet to play the three best teams on our schedule. we haven't hit the road at all. we look great right now, but the next two are not going to be easy. running game needs help (anyone else think we run MUCH better to the right side? just seemed that way all night to me), although i think "help" is actually a synonym for "brad." we're going to pull it together in my mind, but no auburn fan can say a cross word about bama having something to prove without saying we have even more to prove. no matter what former teams have done, it doesn't make this team any better.

IT'S NOT THE IRON BOWL ANYMORE PEOPLE!!!!!  It never will be again. 

Sorry, it'll ALWAYS be known as the Iron Bowl.

185631[/snapback]

I'll NEVER, EVER refer to our annual matchup with Alabama JC as the IRON BOWL. It will never return to birmingham, so it makes NO SENSE to keep calling it that. As far as I'm concerend its simply the Alabama game...

185648[/snapback]

One man, making a stand against decades of history. No offense bro, but there are thousands, if not tens or hundreds of thousands, of people that will continue to call it the Iron Bowl. By the way, have they ever played the OM vs MSU game in an Egg?

185653[/snapback]

Those people may do as they like. I don't know much about the OM vs. MSU rivarly, but i do know its got nothing to do with the location. The auburn/alabama game was named the IRON Bowl because it was played in Birmingham where Iron was manufactured. Thats the ONLY reason it was ever called the iron bowl...period. That is no longer the case, so, therefore, it technically isn't the Iron bowl anymore, because its not played in Birmingham. Alabama STILL SUCKS!!!!

as much as i hate to say it, we have a lot further to go to proving we are a good team than alabama. i will continue to poo poo those injuries b/c when the team had a chance to prove they were PRETTY GOOD based on their defense, minnesota ran up 300+ yards on them. average teams find ways to be average. this team, this year isn't like that. they're finding ways to make plays from start to finish, not just for a half. you should be proud of this bama team, but that doesn't make former bama teams any better.

conversely, auburn has a long way to go this year. we have yet to play the three best teams on our schedule. we haven't hit the road at all. we look great right now, but the next two are not going to be easy. running game needs help (anyone else think we run MUCH better to the right side? just seemed that way all night to me), although i think "help" is actually a synonym for "brad." we're going to pull it together in my mind, but no auburn fan can say a cross word about bama having something to prove without saying we have even more to prove. no matter what former teams have done, it doesn't make this team any better.

185762[/snapback]

You are really on to something here, Though your words of truth will fall upon deaf uat ears.

Auburn BEAT the #1 (That means they were the NUMBER ONE ranked TEAM in the COUNTRY, not #4) Gators in 2001. Did that translate into a great season? :no:

Let uat revel in their lone win over a top ten team in ages. Auburn needs to continue on the course of getting better every week. We will have our chance to show them who is best in a few short weeks. :D

The Bama win was huge, but I feel sorry for you the Turd....Prothro is a really good player, he was clearly one of the leaders on the bama team and there is no way that Bama is as good without him....His explosive plays and amazing catches make a big difference...and against Auburns D you need big catches (calvin Johnson)and/or good kick returns to win.

bama is stil a very good team witha great D and I was pleased to see tha urban myer's offense is not enough to overcome a first class SEC defense...but bama's chances of Undefeated are very very low without Prothro...

Vandy had a better shot at going undefeated...and about the same type team.

p.s. One thing that I am very thankful about. This "signature win" along with the USC signature win(you know, the team we beat by 41 points) assures flipper of at least another season at the crapstone! :cheer::cheer::cheer::lol:

Vandy had a better shot at going undefeated...and about the same type team.

p.s. One thing that I am very thankful about. This "signature win" along with the USC signature win(you know, the team we beat by 41 points) assures flipper of at least another season at the crapstone! :cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:   :lol:

185942[/snapback]

Yeah another year at the crapstone and plenty more of those looks saying "man this game went so much better on X-box." :poke::lol:

Archived