More love for Alabama and Georgia

AUBURNTIGERFAN

You are right. What we need to do is stay focused on what we HAVE TO DO! The rest will take care of itself. Let the Bammers bask in the sunlight of a return to the glory days while they can. They are so tempermental that one slip up or loss will send them reeling back into mediocrity.

This is a pivotal year for us and we desperately need to stay focused each week because we are not a great football team yet and may not be all year long. We need to take them one at a time and realize that we have to rip respect out of the hides of our opponents while that other bunch across the state are automatically afforded attention every time they fart. When they arrive at JHS, our job will be to make sure they do more in their pants than fart. Then, we can move up and move on....War Damn Eagle.!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

They predict only six teams will go to bowl games. I disagree. Besides Auburn, Bama, LSU, UGA, Tennessee, and Florida, two of the following upset someone to go to either Shreveport or Nashville: South Carolina, Vandy and Miss State.

they're hype might be premature. They did destroy UF but that doesn't mean they are a great team. I want to see how they'll do against UT and LSU before I make any more assumptions. But for right now, I'm glad they are "back" or whatever. Maybe they'll make the iron bowl a rivalry again. I'm not saying they'll win, but maybe be competitive.

The Story

188389[/snapback]

Not to be mean...but who gives a flying flip????

I am starting to believe the bammers that say some Auburn people are more concerned about Bama than Auburn...

188393[/snapback]

That's just the nature of the rivalry. When one team is doing well the other teams fans are like barbarians at the walls of Rome waiting for them to fall. It works both ways. As for all the talk about focusing on Auburn. What Auburn fan wouldn't rather see Auburn win than Alabama loose. However I do love to see them loose. None of us fans will take a snap this fall. My opinion is that focus is for the players.

Florida is one win away from controlling their own destiny.

I am not sure why so much of the media is already crowning us as the East Champ. Sometimes I think they say things just so they might have a story the following week

I think LSU is getting better and better. They may also destroy UF. They were not in football condition when they lost to UT. I think UF lost 5 games each in 2004 and 2003. They may just be overrated. UA is playing good but may not be as good as that game looked. Arky hung in there with UA until the very end. Still not sure who is very good and who is just good. We are still a relatively unknown at this point. We may just have gotten much better ourselves since the GT game. Arky away should give us a clue if we are good or have a chance to be very good. Season's not over yet and already fans are counting there chickens based on one game without any validation. Look for LSU and AU to be right there also. UGA by a mile in the EAST.

Archived