• Bama by 14+
    • Bama by 8-14
    • Bama by 4-7
    • Bama by 1-3
    • UT by 14+
    • UT by 8-14
    • UT by 4-7
    • UT by 1-3

Let's all remember how pitiful Tennessee has looked this year so when they totally dismantle the Tide we can combat the argument that UT is on their way to the MNC.

:ut: 38

:ua: 15

I think this is a close one. :ut: has not proven yet to have any kind of a steady O. They have a pretty good D against the run, but now that Jason Allen is out of the secondary, it gets worse, and it wasn't great with him. :ua: gets at least one big pass play!! :ua: had a lackluster performance agaisnt :om: on O and D. :ut: I think can run the ball on :ua: if they line up and take it straight at them like Arky did, but :ut: has what Arky doesn't a good enough pass O that have pounding it running they can open up the pass a little. UTs D will keep them in the game, but the difference will be the big pass play by bama

:au: Who cares.... Really though, UT isn't very good and bama is overrated at best. With that said

:ua: 17

:ut: 16

I didn't vote because I really could care less about this game. I'll probably be fishing during it and preparing for THE GAME. :au:

As my brother, uat man, stated just yesterday:"<uat> spent two weeks signing autographs and accepting pats on the back. UT will have spent TWO weeks with fans and, more importantly, Coaches telling them just how BAD they are." He also stated that the ole miss defensive line, that absolutely stuffed uat's "running" game and sacked the uat qb several times, does not have a single player that is good enough to start for UT.(Just something to ponder.) ;)

The difference is UT has far more talent and a better coaching staff. IF fat phil settles on Clausen @ qb, this one could get ugly in a hurry. :ut:

Tennessee sucks, especially on offense. Bama has enough defense to make either QB miserable. Bama's offense isn't as potent as it was with Prothro, but they've got enough to take the Vols down.

Bammer 24

Tennessee 14

I think it depends on the matchup of the UAT defense and the :ut: offense, the results of which can be measured by which group leads UAT in tackles. If its the D line, then UAT probably wins, but if the UAT secondary is making most of the tackles, then :ut: rolls.

(As usual, in the matchup of UAT offense and :ut: defense, the UAT O-line will have the most tackles)

My heart wants Bama to the thump the inmates of Knoxville State Prison, but I just have this feeling that this is the one game that Fat Fulmer pulls off this year. I would love to see something like Bama 44 UTK -2, but I am thinking it will be more along the lines of UTK 27 Bama 9. Just a gut feeling, I think Bama is the better team, especially morally, but Fulmer has Bama's number.

:ut: pulls it out in a close one UAT stays in shell shock from the :om: game to long. While :ut: , like Tim mentioned has heard nothing but how bad they are. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see they have something to prove and a win in JHW will make the UT fans warm and fuzzy all over.

i love seeing y'all talking like this. If i remember correctly, about 75 of y'all picked florida to beat us by at least 14.... and look what happened. I think BAMA's problem last weekend was they were looking too forward to this weekend..

BAMA - 27

UT - 17

Guest Tigrinum Major
In terms of BCS standings, you guys should be pulling for Alabama so they can have the best record possible when they play you guys  ;)

189959[/snapback]

In terms of my mental health, I should be pulling for whoever is playing Bama. Always.

Tennessee's offense is bad. Against Bama's defense the Tenn offense will look horrible. Alabama's young offensive line showed that it was in fact young after facing the first semi-physical defensive line this season at Ole Miss. Tennessee's defensive line is very talented and will give Bama problems. Bama will not be able to run and it will be up to Croyle. BC loves to try the deep ball. He didn't hit any against Ole Miss, but as long as he keeps trying against Tenn (he may as well, they won't have any sustained drives) he will hit one. And that might be all they need, since Tenn won't score much.

If no turnovers in the game. Bama wins by a score.

Whoever turns it over to give the other team a short field, loses.

In terms of BCS standings, you guys should be pulling for Alabama so they can have the best record possible when they play you guys  ;)

189959[/snapback]

In terms of my mental health, I should be pulling for whoever is playing Bama. Always.

189975[/snapback]

What TM said!

As far as the BCS is concerned, Auburn's most realistic shot at a BCS bowl is to win out, or win enough to get to Atlanta and win the SEC championship. Outside of that we have very lttle chance of making a BCS bowl from our current position the BCS ratings regardless of Bama's position when we beat them.

On the other hand, we have a very good chance of enjoying another year of Bama misery if Fulmer has their number again in T-town--so I'll be pulling for the team in orange & white. Unfortunately, I'm afraid Bama will have a slight edge in ability, emotion, and crowd influence, so my rational side says:

Alabama 21

Tennessee 17

And a second prediction:

IF Bama does win, their fans will act as if the last decade never happened and claim that they "own" Tennessee, always have (except for a few excused years) and always will. Somehow such a victory will also confirm that Logan Young is innocent, Tommy Gallion is a legal genius, and Phillip Fulmer shot both JFK and JR Ewing. [in the bizarro world of Bama logic, JR was just as real as those other fantasies. ;) ]

:ut: has their number, and I don't see Shula outcoaching Fat Phil. It's going to be a close one......

:ut: 24 :ua: 17

Wait, you mean fat phil DIDN'T kill kennedy? :blink:

I'm sure most of you for the past several years, have seen Tennessee come into the season with a great OL & great RB's and then never make a commitment to the running game. If they don't establish the run in Tuscaloosa this week end, their winning streak could end. But if they do run the ball and keep the passing game then they could come out on Rocky Top.

Bama needs to run the ball as well. If they can not run the ball and the UT defense can tee off on Brodie, they could be in trouble. This past week against Ole Miss, the Bama running game was almost nonexistent. If it had not been for the long Darby TD run, Bama would have had less than 100 yards rushing.

:ut: 3 :ua: 2 (sounds like a baseball score)

Seriously, I think it will be a very close game. I dont think anyone blows anyone out at all. Bama will hurt without TP, UT will be fired up.

Hopefully it will be :ua: 3 and :ut: 2.

Tennessee's offense is bad.  Against Bama's defense the Tenn offense will look horrible.  Alabama's young offensive line showed that it was in fact young after facing the first semi-physical defensive line this season at Ole Miss.  Tennessee's defensive line is very talented and will give Bama problems.  Bama will not be able to run and it will be up to Croyle.  BC loves to try the deep ball.  He didn't hit any against Ole Miss, but as long as he keeps trying against Tenn (he may as well, they won't have any sustained drives) he will hit one.  And that might be all they need, since Tenn won't score much.

If no turnovers in the game.  Bama wins by a score. 

Whoever turns it over to give the other team a short field, loses.

189977[/snapback]

I totally agree, Bamas O-line is young and I dont think they match up to well with UT's d-line. BC loves to throw deep for sure, without TP I dont think he completes many of them, maybe one or two. It comes down to field position and turnovers.

Archived