Florida coaches never looked at film to play LSU

EllisHugh

can you say...hand in your resignation or you're fired.

WOW is all I can say. From hereon out the genius known as Urban Meyer will be known by LSU fans as the "Ole' BAWL Coach". In case you didn't hear, UM cried after the Florida loss to LSU. As per ESPN.com Power 16, "Anytime you make the opposing coach cry, you know you played a good game." Welcome to the SEC UM.

"LINE UNPREPARED: Florida offensive line coach John Hevesy said he and his line never saw tape last week of the LSU defense against an empty backfield. As a result, the Gators had no idea the Tigers would blitz every time Florida lined up with no backs.

"I wish someone would've shown us something," Hevesy said. "We went into that game without looking at one shot of how they defend empty. That's one of the faux pas, I guess, you get seeing the first snap."

Hevesy said the only way to stop six rushers with five blockers is to use "hot routes," which are short passing routes that allow the quarterback to throw the ball quickly."

http://gators.tbo.com/gators/MGBRWD8QXEE.html

Your thread title is a little mis-leading.

I'm pretty sure the article means they did look at tape, but nobody had run an empty backfield against you yet. Or if somebody has, they didn't have that game tape.

I would find it incredibly hard to believe that SEC coaches wouldn't have looked at at least one game from LSU's season.

That might work at Utah, since they don't play anyone worth a crap. But in the SEC, you better come prepared and buckle up your chinstrap tight!

"Anytime you make the opposing coach cry, you know you played a good game." Welcome to the SEC UM. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

You have to watch tape. Going into a game not being as prepared as you possibly could be is just asking to get beat. The coaching staff let the team down.

On offense, UF looked terrible. What happened to this offensive genius coming out of Utah? Do you think the gator nation wishes they had Spurrier on their sideline now? He would have NEVER let that much talent on offense be that unprepared.

Who knew at the beginning of the year the offense would be the week link in this UF team?

Your thread title is a little mis-leading.

I'm pretty sure the article means they did look at tape, but nobody had run an empty backfield against you yet. Or if somebody has, they didn't have that game tape.

I would find it incredibly hard to believe that SEC coaches wouldn't have looked at at least one game from LSU's season.

190115[/snapback]

Re-read the article linked. It says what it says. Nowhere does it say that they looked at tape but no one has run an empty backfield set against LSU or that they didn't have that game tape.

"I wish someone would have shown us something," says it all.

i do get the impression reading the article that they looked at film, but they never saw the lsu defense against an empty backfield. HOWEVER, that doesn't change the fact that YOU HAVE TO FIND FILM AGAINST AN EMPTY BACKFIELD IF YOU'RE GOING TO RUN IT. if you can't find film, then you have to prepare for everything: blitz, zone, man, everything.

that may be the worst admission of poor coaching that i've ever heard. pretty much proves that they didn't put the time in. bo pelini was a coordinator for a long time before he came to lsu so i know you can find film of his tendancies against an empty backfield. watch that, watch lsu last year to get an idea of what the players do, watch SOMETHING. unreal.

and urban, stop crying. it won't make the losses this year and next and the one after that any easier to take.

I think it's pretty clear in the article that they were talking about film in a specific situation.

"Florida offensive line coach John Hevesy said he and his line never saw tape last week of the LSU defense against an empty backfield."

No where does it say Florida didn't look at any tape.

My interpretation of what Florida coaches were like on Sunday...

Urban: Good Morning, can we start with a group hug?

Urban: I am not sure what to say. Nothing seemed to work out the way we thought. Damn, that #7 was fast, #95 was so mean to Mike, and #8 stayed on Dallas like stink on $hit.

Assistant: Yep, Tennessee Tech never had players like that when we were at Bowling Green.

Urban: I thought for sure we could fool them with the shovel pass…

Assistant : (interrupting Urban), Coach… I think they looked at film and had it pretty much scouted.

Urban: Looked at film? Brilliant!!!.. Can you do that? Is that legal?

Note to self: study the other team’s film of previous games. Gotcha!

Urban: Another thing, our wideouts couldn’t seem to get open versus 1 on 1 coverage. What’s up with that? That’s not supposed to happen. UNLV couldn’t cover our receivers one on one.

Assistant: Urban, we’re not in Utah anymore.

Urban: (holding back tears) I know. I sure miss Utah. Man, I was something back there. (finally breaks down) No one appreciates me here. People are making fun of my offense and calling me a crybaby. I had no idea they took football this seriously down here. I used to be Urban Legend and now…..(sobbing uncontrollably)

Assistant: (consoling Urban) come on coach… we’ll get it fixed. We have Vandy and South Carolina coming up.

Urban: continuing to sob… South Carolina!! Arghhhhh. I’ll have to listen to endless stories about Spurrier and why can’t I be more like him.

(Composing himself) alright, lets adjourn for now but can we close with a group hug?

190115[/snapback]

Exactly, but Urban Meyer is not an SEC caliber coach. I think he and the gator nation is realizing that now.

Archived