Spell-check at AU Network

OlderWhiskey

I was disappointed and a bit embarassed for the AU Network Sunday night during the Auburn Football Review. Their weekly Auburn Trivia question was the identity of Auburn's leading receiver from 1996-98. I thought about it a while, came up with three nominees, and decided on Karsten Bailey. When they gave the answer a few minutes later, they spelled it "Kartson" Bailey. Duh! Shall we take up a collection and send them a media guide? If we're going to honor our heroes, we need to start by spelling their names correctly, don't you think?

While I'm on this, let me say that I'd just as soon they eliminate the "Tiger Cage" feature in favor of a little more game tape. Precious little we get to see anyway. I long for the Shug Jordan days, when the entire game was shown with no commercials. Thank you, South Central Bell.

I agree completely. If I were worthy enough on the football field to be the answer to a trivia question, I would expect my name to be spelled correctly. I would find this insulting. It's like someone saying, "Thanks for what you did for us,...uh....umm....what was your name again?"

Something going out over the TV should garner a few seconds of quality control for the sake of credibility.

Speaking of spell-checks, send one to the Montgomery Advertiser:

AUBURN -- Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville has developed a reputation as an underdog coach -- a guy who is at his best painting anus-against-the-world picture for his players.

Link

:blink:

Speaking of spell-checks, send one to the Montgomery Advertiser:
AUBURN -- Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville has developed a reputation as an underdog coach -- a guy who is at his best painting anus-against-the-world picture for his players.

Link

:blink:

190474[/snapback]

They corrected that error, but I don't doubt that it was there.

Archived