Brodie Croyle--How Good?

Proud Tiger

Not always but usually how effective a QB is shows up in the team's offense ranking. This week bama's passing offense is 6th in the SEC and their total offens is 7th. Brodie's passing efficiency is 3rd in the SEC. On the other hand bama's total defense is ranked 1st. So I maintain it is the defense that is carrying them and deserves more recognition than they are getting.

192367[/snapback]

I partially agree with PT... oh my god, i must be sick :blink:

... anyways i wouldn't say our defense is CARRYING us, as keeping us in the games. We faced our toughest test so far last saturday, and if it wasn't for them, we would have lost. But our OFFENSE put up all the points. There were no defensive scores. I give our defense a ton of credit, all the time, but our offense deserves more than it is getting.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not always but usually how effective a QB is shows up in the team's offense ranking. This week bama's passing offense is 6th in the SEC and their total offens is 7th. Brodie's passing efficiency is 3rd in the SEC. On the other hand bama's total defense is ranked 1st. So I maintain it is the defense that is carrying them and deserves more recognition than they are getting.

192367[/snapback]

I partially agree with PT... oh my god, i must be sick :blink:

... anyways i wouldn't say our defense is CARRYING us, as keeping us in the games. We faced our toughest test so far last saturday, and if it wasn't for them, we would have lost. But our OFFENSE put up all the points. There were no defensive scores. I give our defense a ton of credit, all the time, but our offense deserves more than it is getting.

192766[/snapback]

If a bammer is agreeing with me, I KNOW I'm sick :poke:

Shockley gets props for following the winningest QB in SEC history (or is that just Georgia history?), David Greene, and leading the Dogs to no let down this year. I'd guess the voters would go with which ever of them wins in the SECCG (if they're both there). 

Actually that is NCAA Division I-A history :big:

When his receivers break open deep, he still overthrows them by a mile.

192268[/snapback]

You're on drugs. He throws one of the best deep balls in the country. He had two VERY uncharacteristic overthrows saturday. But has been dead freakin on with the deep balls this year.

Brodie is the difference between the 7-0 bama team this year and our 6-6 team last year.

Even in his down games statistically (ole miss and ut) he has led the team down the field for a game winning possession where he had to convert 3rd downs.

Its not his fault receivers drop or fumble like crazy. His WRs arent consistent. He cant help that.

Is it Brandons fault that he was 17-42 against LSU?

Right now, no QB is playing better or means more to his team in the sec than brodie.

Right now, no QB is playing better or means more to his team in the sec than brodie.

I think Brodie is doing a great job but if no QB is playing better...why is Alabama's scoring offense 7th in the SEC, their passing offense ranked 6th, TOTAL offense 7th?

I will give you that he has the 3rd best Passing Efficency in the SEC but that is really it.

Contrast that to DJ Shockley:

Passing average per game:

Shockley>Croyle

Total Offense

Shockley>Croyle - By nearly 40 yards

Pass Efficency

Shockley>Croyle - Shockley #1 in the SEC

TD's thrown

Shockley>Croyle

INT's

Shockley<Croyle (4-2)

Now that Shockley is hurt....it really doesn't matter but up to now...I would say Shockley has played as well as Croyle

Brodie is a good, solid playmaker at qb for Bama. He is the reason why they are 7-0 that and a killer d once again. Croyle has a killer arm but sometimes the wideouts alligator arm his throws and that is why his completeion % has suffered this season. He isn't a Heisman Trophy contender cause his numbers aren't up there with the other qb's in the nation and his name isn't Reggie Bush. My top two qbs in the SEC this year are Shockley and Croyle, the rest are bunched up in a pack.

I think Brodie is doing a great job but if no QB is playing better...why is Alabama's scoring offense 7th in the SEC, their passing offense ranked 6th, TOTAL offense 7th?

I will give you that he has the 3rd best Passing Efficency in the SEC but that is really it.

Contrast that to DJ Shockley:

Passing average per game:

Shockley>Croyle

Total Offense

Shockley>Croyle - By nearly 40 yards

Pass Efficency

Shockley>Croyle - Shockley #1 in the SEC

TD's thrown

Shockley>Croyle

INT's

Shockley<Croyle (4-2)

Now that Shockley is hurt....it really doesn't matter but up to now...I would say Shockley has played as well as Croyle

192899[/snapback]

Please allow me to argue your deceiving point.

Look at UGA's schedule:

Boise St, Vandy, Miss St, La Monroe, UT, Arkansas, S Carolina

Avg Opponents pass Defense? 62 in the nation

Ranked teams played? 1

Bama's schedule includes Florida(12th in pass D), Ole Miss(13th), UT, and South Carolina(25th)

DJ's good games were:Boise St(100), Miss St(66), Vandy(85th)

Let's look at common opponents UT and South Carolina shall we?

Brodie was 12/21 with 1TD and no INT against South Carolina and was pulled in the 3rd Quarter.

DJ was 8/17 with 2 picks and no TDS and played the whole game.

How about UT?

DJ was 16/27 for 207 yards and 0 TDS with 1 pick

Brodie was 17/27 for 190 yards 0 TDs and 0 Picks and a HUGE late game bomb. He also saw his WR drop 5 balls.

So DJ pads his stats against JV teams while brodies biggest games were against Southern Miss, Florida, Ole Miss

for the record, Brodie has a better completion percentage even with all the drops. And yards/game for DJ is better by 4 tenths of a yard per game...

Brodie has led back to back game winning drives which is something that doesnt show up in the stat book.

DJ was 8/17 with 2 picks and no TDS and played the whole game.

Ah damn, so we have to take back his touchdown run against USC?

DJ was 16/27 for 207 yards and 0 TDS with 1 pick

What? No mention of his 51 yards rushing and 4+ yard per carry average?

Gee, talk about decieving :rolleyes:

In addition, Ole Miss is now 3-4 with losses to Vandy and .500 Wyoming....and Southern Miss has racked up impressive victories over McNeese State and E. Carolina this year....come on, those are victories over good teams? :lol:

Both Croyle & Shockley have been the catalyst for their respective team's success this season. Both are now banged up a bit with Croyle wearing a brace & Shockley sitting out the next game to give his knee a rest.

Question: how good are each of the backup QBs for UGA & uat? If we see a drop off in offensive production while the starters on on the bench, then we'll see how much Croyle & Shockley mean to each of their team's future success.

Guest Tigrinum Major
why is there an bammer and a uga fan arguing about their qb's on an auburn board?

192930[/snapback]

Because they are closet Auburn fans.

C'mon, BG and Slink, let the force flow through you and unleash your inner Tiger.

By the way, Aubie is both of yours father.

why is there an bammer and a uga fan arguing about their qb's on an auburn board?

192930[/snapback]

Because they are closet Auburn fans.

C'mon, BG and Slink, let the force flow through you and unleash your inner Tiger.

By the way, Aubie is both of yours father.

192934[/snapback]

"Now that's funny there. I don't care who ya are.""

192930[/snapback]

Because an Auburn fan brought up whether Brodie is good and some other mentioned Shockley in another thread being maybe the best so far at QB....so apparently the thought of who is better has crossed some minds on this board.

It is VERY hard to consider someone even a good qb when their team has not scored tds over the past two games. B)

Guest Tigrinum Major
It is VERY hard to consider someone even a good qb when their team has not scored tds over the past two games. B)

192977[/snapback]

In all fairness, they did score one TD against Ole Miss.

BG....you are doing a greeat job of proving what I said in beginning this thread. I said I wasn't bashing Brodie. I didn't say he was a bad QB. I just said the bammers and the media were focused on Brodie (AKA Ringo Starr :big: ) while the defense wasn't getting the credit they deserved. Notice.....in your solid support for Brodie, you didn't even mention the defense or a single name on the defense.

BRODIE IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN OVERRATED. Sorry i didnt mean to shout. WAR EAGLE! :au:

Heres what I think about Brodie.

Bama without Brodie = poop

Bama with Brodie = 7-0 record

I will say that I expected Brodie to be a little bit more "explosive" this season. But I am not gonna dog on the guy. Hes a great leader on the team, and will put his team in situations to win the ball game.

Is he the best qb? No, not at all. But his leadership, and as I said before, the ability to put his team in a position to win the game is what makes him a good player. Look at Jason White at Oklahoma....I believe they are identical players in every way. Not exceptional athletes....but guys who knew how to win and lead.

Does anyone here think that the skinny kid in the dark pink jersey will get drafted? :blink:

Archived