IRONS HOT

AWK

Das Link

"My thing is like, the more I run, the stronger I run," Irons said. "I know the defense is going to get tired sooner or later from our offensive line blocking them and cutting them and this and that. If I get tired, they're going to shut me down. That's just kind of a mindset."

Irons now ranks second in the SEC and 21st nationally, averaging 102.7 yards rushing per game. Those numbers are especially impressive because Irons has only been Auburn's every-down, primary rusher for the last two games.

Coach Gran is kind of my motivation," Irons said. "He tells me, 'Irons, you're a great back. You can do this, if you just work on those little things.' Every time I go in the game, I just think about that. I just think about what he expects of me."

Gran had a big grin on his face when describing Irons' 74-yard touchdown run against LSU. Irons appeared stalled at the line of scrimmage, but fought his way through the scrum and broke free for the score.

"That one got me excited," Gran said.

"He ran the ball as hard as one kid could run the ball. He was doing the things right in terms of making guys miss, getting the yards after contact. In this league you've got to do that."

Listened to pat Dye yesterday (or actually the replay of it) on Finebum and he seemed VERY excited about Irons as well. Went on to say that the kid from Arkansas is the most exciting freshman he has seen since Bo.

running backs coach Eddie Gran said. "It was like he was possessed." (referring to KI's running the ball saturday) :blink::cheer:

That 74-yard touchdown run against LSU was one of the best runs I have ever seen!  Ever!  :au:   :au:

192331[/snapback]

yeah please don't remind me....I was the idiot standing up cheering because I thought we tackled him for a small gain. I yelled "YOU CAN'T RUN ON US".....followed by "WTF"!!! :lol:

That 74-yard touchdown run against LSU was one of the best runs I have ever seen!  Ever!  :au:   :au:

192331[/snapback]

yeah please don't remind me....I was the idiot standing up cheering because I thought we tackled him for a small gain. I yelled "YOU CAN'T RUN ON US".....followed by "WTF"!!! :lol:

192334[/snapback]

And guess what scott, ya'll get to deal with him next year again, not to mention a little guy named Bad Lester, who is every bit as electrifying as KI !!!

192331[/snapback]

192334[/snapback]

And guess what scott, ya'll get to deal with him next year again, not to mention a little guy named Bad Lester, who is every bit as electrifying as KI !!!

192335[/snapback]

do we get to deal with your kicker again???? :poke::lol::lol:

192331[/snapback]

192334[/snapback]

192335[/snapback]

do we get to deal with your kicker again???? :poke::lol::lol:

192337[/snapback]

no because we wont be in any 4th down situations, only TD's :P

Archived