Auburn fans at the game...

Raven_tiger

Can they cry and gripe about anything else? Poor fan behavior is unacceptable. Surely isolated incidents on the campus. Is this what the bummers have been reduced to:

TIDEFANS.com

I've been there. I've seen the same and worse.

LSU fans get heat for taunting and object throwing. But they're actually good-natured about it and once you get past the tiger bait taunt, you may find yourself invited to sit down for a bowl or three of gumbo. Of course, that comes along with a little more teasing, but it also comes with a cocktail or three. They're dangerously hospitable.

But Auburn fans are the absolute worst in the SEC. They'll key your car. Slash your tires. Young women are treated with the absolute worst respect. These people are not "ladies and gentlemen." They genuinely HATE Bama.

:no:

Well I've been to LSUs campus twice while in the marching band and once since I graduated and I never experienced the mass hysteria many claim they see while there. Sure there were a few bad cookies out there that want to mak eyour day miserable but most of them aren't that bad. People like to take issolated incidents, which occure at every university anywhere, and make it into a general statment about the fan base as a whole. It is pretty much the same way anything is covered in the media or anything else... people see something bad and ignore the good. Having just graduated last year and having spent 5 years on campus, 4 of them in the band, I got around campus alot on gamedays, and I don't recall seeing anything bad going on or any actual ill treatment of opposing teams fans. I doubt the situation has deteriorated that much since last season.

I will admit that I, too, have experienced issolate dincidents at various campuses and left feeling ill about the fan base as a whole. At least until I thought about it and realized it was one or two idiots out of X-thousands of fans.

To end a rediculously long post... they need to get over the fact a couple people out there are A-holes. There are lots of them out there, get over it or stay home and watch the game on TV.

Well the same thing happens everywhere, they are just p##@@ because we beat them. I was at a Bama game when it was at LEgion field and I went with the band. The ushers that were in charge of the band section were 2 rude Bama Fans, a father and daughter I think. Every time we yelled the gave us dirty looks and at the end of the game (Bama beat us) they put on Fu@@@ Auburn buttons and laughed.

so it goes both ways.

This quote from the Bama forum -

I hate Auburn with a passion and will be glad next year when the game is played back in "home sweet home" BDS. Roll Tide!!!

Well if he/she has any memory it is not home sweet home when Auburn plays in Tuscalooser, AU is undefeated in Tuscalooser.

So all you Bama fans, it is a two way street, Auburn fans are treated the same way in Tuscaloosa, LSU, Florida, Georgia, anywhere, especially by the drunks. I can bet most of the people doing the really bad stuff are pretty drunk when they do it.

In Auburn at 12:30 AM on Sat. morning, a Bama Fan was arrested after several people were stabbed on campus. so it isn't all Auburn fans! See the Sunday OA news.

In 2001 I had two separate groups of Bama fans throw beer bottles at, curse and threaten me as I walked back to my truck across the AUBURN campus.

I've been coming to AU games for 30+ years and I've never seen anything from Auburn fans that I've seen in other venues. I've never seen cars defaced or tires flattened or any of the usual lies that losers tell.

BAMMERS can deal with it! I noticed nothing but the best from the AU Nation on Saturday. Even after the game while heading up to Toomers. I noticed a few UATs up there watching us celebrate, and they were treated well.

HEY BAMA........... IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PLACE, THEN SELL YOUR TICKETS TO THOSE WHO LOVE IT!

And we can make it another level louder at Jordan-Hare at Pat Dye Field.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

4 more, 4 more, 4 more, 4 more!

28-18 TAHHDDDDDD! :cheer::au::cheer::au:

Boonan, I'm with you. I was in Bama's band during ethe arly Bear national championship years. Besides some relatively good natured taunting, I never saw any truly hostile fans at Auburn or anywhere else (except Tennessee where the band bus underwent a soda bottle attack by a group of "fans"). People get caught up inb the heat of the moment and do things they otherwise would not do. Had Bama won the game Saturday, I'm sure there would be some justifiable complaints about the behavior of some Alabama fans! That's human nature and expected ball game behavior.

granpa :homer:

Bama sixties :ua:

Auburn 70's :au:

Well I've been to LSUs campus twice while in the marching band and once since I graduated and I never experienced the mass hysteria many claim they see while there. Sure there were a few bad cookies out there that want to mak eyour day miserable but most of them aren't that bad. People like to take issolated incidents, which occure at every university anywhere, and make it into a general statment about the fan base as a whole. It is pretty much the same way anything is covered in the media or anything else... people see something bad and ignore the good. Having just graduated last year and having spent 5 years on campus, 4 of them in the band, I got around campus alot on gamedays, and I don't recall seeing anything bad going on or any actual ill treatment of opposing teams fans. I doubt the situation has deteriorated that much since last season.

I will admit that I, too, have experienced issolate dincidents at various campuses and left feeling ill about the fan base as a whole. At least until I thought about it and realized it was one or two idiots out of X-thousands of fans.

To end a rediculously long post... they need to get over the fact a couple people out there are A-holes. There are lots of them out there, get over it or stay home and watch the game on TV.

200118[/snapback]

I walked all around campus Saturday before the game and everyone seemed to be getting along fine. I actually thought things were very quiet. The only bad bama fan I encountered was sitting behind me. He wasn't too bad but he had been hanging around Shula too much and every other word was an F-bomb. He also talked loud on his cell phone during the National Anthem.

A very drunk uater actually yelled out "rt" during the National Anthem. There was no need for any AU person to do anything as his wife/mother/sister/cousin/whatever SLAPPED him immediately. :D

Well if the Bama Nation wants to know about someone being rude then let me tell you about the guy sitting in front of us he strolled in drunk with his dad and some fat friend of his. Came in yelling roll tide and goes damn sure is a lot of orange in here. I said back to him well you are in Auburn. Then as soon as the eagle flys out they start acting as though they were shooting at it. Then this drunk guy starts cussing out F- Auburn etc. etc. etc. and a 3 year old girl was right in front of him at that time I told him to shut the h-ll up that he's not in Bama anymore and he needs to calm down. He just went on to say that Alabama was going to kill Auburn etc. etc. and then after we put 21 on them he shut up. His dad who had told him to keep acting the way he was left after the first half. He left falling down the stairs and his son and fat friend stayed and just put there hands in there face. This boy about 19 couldn't even spell ALABAMA I took some pics of them flicking off the stadium and will post later. These Bama fans were idiots and made me see what everyone had been talking about. The fat guy finally said I am glad we have Shula about 4th and I said back to him so are we! haha I don't think I met one normal Bama fan the whole weekend.

...I don't think I met one normal Bama fan the whole weekend.

200499[/snapback]

Uhh, ... the very fact that you posted what you observed at the IB means you DID meet "normal" bammie fan behavior. I'm sorry for you -- I hope it didn't ruin the game for you.

OMW to the game I witnessed Bama fans cursing out and dropping the F-Auburn left and right to anything wearing Orange and Blue. These fans proceeded to throw cans and bottles at Auburn fans. I saw one of them trip a old lady with a walker, two of them spit on some children, another was sexually harrasing anything in a skirt, and another kicked a dog.. no not a dog.... a puppy! Another threw a cat in a tree! Then on top of that some 10 year olds in Brodie jerseys were cursing and spitting and giving the finger to people. Why one guy, about 19 or so, popped a young coed in the back of her head with his dentures.

At Tiger walk I saw Alabama fans, mostly small children, throwing rocks and other debris at our players and cheerleaders. On more than one occasion I heard talk about cutting down the tree's at Toomers (something that has been tried by Bama fans) and talk of the good ole days when they tried to poison the eagle at the eagles cage and wishing they could shoot it during pre-game flight.

Didn't see much of them during the game, after about the 10 minute mark.

When I left and was heading back to our spot I found our grill dismantled, our tent burned to the ground, our vehicles had been keyed, windows broken, stereo's stolen (I suspect former Tide players were involved in that), and tires slashed an our whiskey gone. There was crimson spray paint on tree's and buildings around campus and I heard them mumbling about how classless it was to call someone a Bammer all the while refering to us as the barn, or ag school, or mooo, or anyone of 50 year old agriculture jokes.

I've had my car keyed and top slashed in Auburn, when UGA was in town. It definatly wasn't Auburn folk who did that. Another time I saw someone get their car keyed was at Ga. Tech of all places.

It can happen anywhere. But the rest of that crap about women not being treated w/ respect, absolute nonsense. Auburn folks in general are far nicer than most places, and we are pleasently reminded of that when such schools as Syracuse or USC come to town. Every huge event has its random jacka$$ in a crowd, and I suspect that the vast majority of those belonged to those dressed in crimson.

i imagine this is just the way bama fans can try to make themselves feel better after the loss. if they can somehow make us out to be bad guys, it makes them feel better about themselves, and takes the sting out of this game, and even the previous 3.

let 'em whine... i like it. and perhaps they can host us without incident next year....

ct

Honestly, I have never seen any of this stuff with the exception of a drunk person here or there tossing a obscenity at either campus, and I think I saw one fight in T-town.

Though I do know someone did try and cut down the tree at Toomers, and it's been planned more than once. Sadly the Eagle bit isn't a lie either, some Bama fans really did try and poison her one year.

Sadly I don't think in a majority of cases its a school thing, its a generation and society thing. Which both are becoming more and more violent as time passes.

Archived