Is Tristan Davis

API50

another Protho in the waiting? I truly hope we take advantage of his speed. If he ends up as 3rd string on defense, I would like to see him moved back to offense. Does he have good hands? If so, we will be missing the boat not to take advantage of the speed he brings to the table. He certinly likes to play the game and doesn't mind mixing it up with the opposition (see his block on Castille in the Iron Bowl). My take on it...if the coaches really think he has what it takes to move up the chart on defense, we would have seen him playing more on that side of the ball this year.

I'm dissapointed that Tristan Davis didn't get more chances to carry the ball in the last two games. I realize he hadn't had much practice time out of the backfield and the :uga: game was close so coach Borges had to play the guys he thought would most help win the game.

We have seen what he is capable of and it seems like he lost his best chance to establish himself as a ball carrier. Anybody that has done what he has done deserves a chance to carry the ball more.

Russ

he will be back on defense. He is the fastest guy on the team.

And why are you comparing him to uat players. Obomano and Aromashodu

are better players than the other guy B)

he will be back on defense. He is the fastest guy on the team.

And why are you comparing him to uat players. Obomano and Aromashodu

are better players than the other guy B)

200910[/snapback]

BINGO :au:

Tristan is fast... yes. He got one carry vs Bama and didn't show anything. Perhaps more than 1 carry is needed, but they gave him a chance. Tristan is a burst of speed, no doubt, but to compare him to someone like Protho is a joke. You haven't seen him catch or return kicks. It took Kenny a couple games to get into the act as well. Maybe Tristan needs more game time before we can be sure he'd be a great back. Because right now he has run against horrible defenses. But it's better to do that than not run well against bad defenses. I like the kid so far, but let's not put him in the Protho category.

His future is at safety, but I'd like to line him up at RB once in a while, just to screw with the defenses.

200930[/snapback]

I want him so tired from running interceptions back that the thought of him being on offense makes him dry heave.

Archived