auburn connections

WarTiger

Erik:

You were close. I have two bachelor degrees...one in Business Administration and one in Civil Engineering. I went to Auburn for 8 straight fall quarters (1973-80). Do you remember the nine years in a row that bammer beat us? Well, that was 8 of them.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently in school at Auburn working on a PhD in music education. I finished my masters in music ed at Auburn in May of 2004. My undergrad was at U of N Alabama in 1997. During my master's I was a GTA with the Auburn Band. I have continued to write field drill for the band and still go on some trips but I don't get to work with them as much anymore.

Both my younger brothers went to Auburn.

Middle brother - Aviation Management 1999 - He worked at the Auburn Airport as a flight instructor and also flew coaches around on recruiting trips.

Youngest brother - Economics 2004 - He was in the band for 2 years of undergrad.

My first Auburn experience was the 1989 IB 1st time in JHS. Need I say more?

Guest Tigrinum Major

My aunts, uncle and dad graduated from AU back in the API days, some in the 40's. My dad graduated from API in 1954.

My uncle on my mother's side finished at AU also.

My brother went to Auburn in the early 80's and I followed in 1986 and finished in 1990, another run of four straight wins against Bama.

My sister eventually made it to Auburn and earned a doctorate there in the 90's.

I met my wife (third generation AU grad) there on the intramural fields and we have been married for over 15 years.

We are currently raising three children that will hopefully one day continue the tradition.

This is great guys and gals. Its nice to hear how deep many of your connections are to Auburn. Keep it coming everybody.

two of my grandparents went to API. one of them is a teacher so i assume she studied something in education. no idea on the other one.

both of my parents went to auburn. my dad graduated in 74 i believe. he got a degree in textile design (it's given way to just textile engineering). my mom was in the pre-nursing program before auburn had a full nursing program. they got married and she completed her education at south carolina, but only calls auburn home.

my brother went to auburn. he was a senior when i was a freshman. he got a degree in MIS, and he married an auburn woman (a transplanted yankee from chi-town actually). she studied history and is now a teacher. they still live in alabama.

i am finishing at auburn in three weeks. i've been here for 6 straight falls and what i think is an impressive 7 straight semesters (fall, spring, summer) to finish up. i'll be leaving with dual degrees (two pieces of paper!) in graphic design and business administration. in 6 seasons i've missed a total of 6 games home or away (last one was the music city bowl). when i get done here, i'm going on STINT with auburn's campus crusade overseas.

Graduated August 30, 1991...I'm the only member of my family to attend :au:

I didn't...but I've been a fan since '56 (I was 7)...went to my first game in '68...am a season ticket holder (for years)...spend TONS of money there...and am still hoping for my 16 and 12 year olds to go. My parents were Bamars, so I was not allowed to go...and I'm NOT kidding.

:au::homer:

My dad got his undergrad in criminal justice and his Masters in Law Enforcement Administration at Auburn in the early 70s. He started, then dropped out to join the Air Force and married my mom. After Vietnam, they lived in a tiny duplex in Auburn right after I was born while he finished - my first birthday party was at that little duplex. He worked for the Auburn Police Department, and there was an article in the Plainsman about him, because he worked nights and went to class in uniform. There was not a lot of "cop love" in those "radical" days and since he was "The Man", he got some heat for it. He and his partner nearly got their ass kicked by a mob at the Strutting Duck one night trying to break up a fight before back-up arrived. :blink: But he is responsible for my love of Auburn to this day. Two uncles are also graduates, but one of them played football for Georgia, graduated from Auburn and now is a bammer fan! Go figure...

I am a Lifelong Auburn fan - first game at age 7 (no memory of it really tho, other than we won.) Suffered through Barfield years like a lot of folks - the dread of going to school on the Monday after the Iron Bowl... at least until Bo Jackson and Pat Dye changed that forever! Remember where I was the day I heard Shug died. Still have all the newspaper clippings. In high school, Daddy took me out of school one day and drove me to Auburn on a "recruiting trip, just the two of us - wonderful memories. Since we were never allowed to miss school, that was a big deal. However, I chose a smaller private school for undergrad (I was only 17 at the time and my dad the cop was, shall we say, overprotective). I briefly considered bammer and Vandy for grad school but then I sobered up and chose Auburn. Was a GTA for two years - taught solo for four quarters - 209 Am Govt and loved that more than any job I have ever had. Graduated at age 21 in 1992 with my Masters in Public Administration on my parent's wedding anniversary - Daddy said it was the best present ever - a $10K a year raise. And he never had to write any checks to bammer. :big:

The first man I ever loved proposed to me under the oaks in front of Sanford Hall with a ring from Ware Jewelers, the same place my mom's engagement ring came from. When we broke it off, unwillingly on both sides, but necessary, I married an Auburn man on the rebound. Divorced him seven years later - the fact that he was a fifth year senior and had never attended a football game until I showed up should have been my first clue that he was not right. :no:

Now I am holding out hope for the next generation - my sister and her family are all huge Auburn fans, so I am pretty sure my niece and their Baby #2 will head there in about 15 years. As for Katie, the LSU hubby and I have agreed that she gets to choose. Now I just have to put all my negotiating skills to the test to influence her subliminally - and if that don't work, there is always Mommy Guilt... :lol:

I'm currently in the process of squeezing 4 in to 5. Heck, I might even go for the 6th fall! My dad would love that.

I'm currently in the process of squeezing 4 in to 5. Heck, I might even go for the 6th fall!  My dad would love that.

201863[/snapback]

C'mon Wade, just give up. You know it's hopeless. :roflol:

:au:

Graduated from Auburn in 1994 on the 5 year program - had to leave in the middle for Desert Storm. My freshman year was 1989, what better first year than the first Iron Bowl in Auburn!

Currently a sophomore... loving every minute of it. My dad attended here and raised me right... Even my mom who holds a degree from the smaller school in West AL preferrs AU over her Alma Mater and encouraged me to go here my whole life. I couldn't be more grateful for Auburn and all the opportunities it gives me every day.

My first taste of Auburn came after moving to the state in 1981. We came from Arkansas. I started second grade at Russellville HS that year. About 2 years after we moved my sister got married to Jeff (class of '79, ChemE). After they got married they would take my younger borther and I to an Auburn game every fall as our birthday gift. We loved it!! We came every year for 5 or 6 years. I had the Auburn spirit. I had only applied to Freed-hardeman U and Auburn. Got accepted to both, passed up a free ride to FHU b/c I wanted to come to AU so bad. Spent 5 years in school ('92 - '97) Graduated in Criminology in June '97...met my lovely wife (class of '98 Animal Science) there in '96. Raising two Auburn loving kids. My 3 yoa boy,can sing the fight song, Glory to Auburn, and does the Warrrrrr Eagle!! Baby girl (2 yoa) has picked up on the War Eagle and likes saying HEY when we all do it. My son loves going to the games and will yell Go Auburn right next to daddy. Makes my heart smile. :big:

My younger brother graduated from AU in '98 in ChemE. No other AU alums in the family

WAR EAGLE for ever!!!

Archived