How did Texas look to you?

DKW 86

They looked very flat to me. If VY losses the Heisman, he might have done it today with sloppy play, fumbling, etc. The Texas D did not look good at all at times.

It was definitely an "off" game for the Longhorns. VY is not the Hesiman winner in my opinion and I doubt even a stellaer performance in the Big 12 Championship game can overcome the performance Friday.

Was their sloppy play and TAM's inspired play enough to save Bama's favorite ex coach.

201435[/snapback]

Fran? The only reason I even think about that loser is because he coaches at TAMU. I really like their spirit and the ROTC Program there. Great fans.

Fran is just lost there tho.

Yound lost whatever chance he had at the Heisman yesterday. He needed a very strong performance to counter Bush's against Fresno State. It is ironic that the mighty USC's Trojans inability to put away Fresno State gave Bush the opportunity to put on a Heisman showcase.

Overconfident and had a lapse, they did the same thing against OSU. Came out flat and never really got into the game. VY had a terrible game.

Texas has the tendency to do the Alabama bit with this rivalry. They consider OU to be their main rival and aTm a afterthought........ wait thats not right, they actually beat aTm........... Bama doesn't beat us.

Texas came in thinking it was going to be a waltz, with good reason...TAMU had been beaten badly by Colorado (41-20), Iowa State (42-14) and Texas Tech (56-17) and had to go to OT to avoid being beaten by Baylor for the second consecutive year. Texas dismantled three of those teams and didn't play ISU.

Texas' focus right now is on OU because until this year, the Sooners have had Mack Brown's number by and large and they've handled TAMU relatively easily since 2000...this hasn't always been the case. I think if you asked a Longhorn from the late '80s to the mid-90s who they wanted to beat more, it would have definitely been A&M.

This is the first time in a LONG time that a huge underdog actually had a chance to win this game...most of the previous 5 meetings were long since decided by the middle of the 4th quarter and the better team almost always wins with relative ease...only 3 of the last 15 meetings have been decided by single digits and only 5 times in the last 31 meetings has the team with the worse record won.

Texas is gonna stomp Colorado, so it's a moot point...the BCS will look like the greatest system since sliced bread in '05.

Archived