Out of BCS for same reason as last year

PChamp119

I haven't really heard too many people touch on this like last year. But that Western Kentucky game must be killing Auburn. They played GT, but still are really hurt in the computers - EVEN ND is ranked ahead of Auburn, not to speak West Virginia (but only 1 loss). Can you imagine if Auburn had the computer ranking of like an Ohio State with a Computer poll avg around 0.8 or better (from current 0.55) that'd push Auburn into the top 7 or 8 of the BCS. We all know Auburn has played a tougher schedule than Oregon, West Virginia, ND, and possibly OSU (Gotta give 'em credit with Texas tho) and Miami (all teams I personally feel Auburn should be ranked ahead, but thats bias).

The same argument can be made for LSU. I bet that Appalachian State game is what is leaping PSU ahead of them. I mean, LSU beat 3 teams (4 if they beat UGA) in the BCS top 20, as did PSU (Ohio State at the top but Wisconsin and Michigan are at the bottom), but PSU has a computer avg of 0.92 compared to LSUs 0.760. The only reason I bring this up is if somehow USC or Texas were to lose (or had lost), PSU would go over LSU and I think we all know LSU played a tougher schedule than PSU.

If Auburn were to be ranked in the top 7 or 8, and I appreciate the love for Auburn by some writers that think Auburn deserves a Fiesta bid, but won't get it, they'd have a lot more to argue over.

But don't get me wrong. I would prefer Orlando, Fl over most bowls from a bowl perspective (Atlanta? Blah... Tempe... Blah). War Eagle, beat whichever Big 10 team comes along

I guess beating two top 10 teams at the end of the year didn't count for squat...similar to last year. And if you give OSU credit for LOSING to Texas...don't you have to give AU credit for LOSING to LSU??? THe answer is NO to both. You don't, and shouldn't, get credit for losing close. A loss, is a loss, is a loss.....

Just my two cents.... :rolleyes:

:au::homer:

Perhaps I will be a bit unpopular for saying this, but I certainly agree with Notre Dame's BCS spot and don't have a terrible problem with OSU getting in. Notre Dame did play a tough schedule. Pittsburgh (23), Michigan (3, at that time), Purdue (22), USC (1). The loss to Michigan State was a fluke (i.e. AU's loss to GATech) and a loss to USC, especially in the manner that ND lost, is nothing to hang their head about. I think they're arguably one of the most talented teams in the country and deserve their spot.

OSU's two losses are certainly credible, and the teams still boost their strength of schedule. Texas (2), Iowa (21), Penn State (16, at the time), Michigan State (16), Northwestern (25), Michigan (17). I'd say that's a pretty rough schedule...

Auburn played three ranked teams this year (LSU, UGA and Bama) and lost to one of them. It wouldn't have been a huge problem without that early loss to GATech. We were ranked in the middle of the pack to start the season and the loss certainly didn't help that. AU has a talented team but it's hard to argue against OSU and Notre Dame making the BCS. Obviously I'd love for AU to get into another BCS game (which could still happen, technically speaking) but I don't think it's a huge injustice (like last year) that they're probably not going to.

The only problems I have with ND are that every writer says everyone in America wants to see them in the BCS (I don't give a rat's you-know-what about ND and I really don't think most poeple in the Southeastern United States does either) and that they think they should go because they're friggin' Notre Dame. Sounds like another school I know of somewhere around here, although I suddenly can't remember who it might be...

I don't think WKU and our strength of schedule is what is keeping us out of the Fiesta Bowl. Here are the current Top 10 rankings in the BCS:

1 USC

2 Texas

3 Penn St

4 LSU

5 Va Tech

6 Ohio St

7 Oregon

8 No Dame

9 Miami

10 Auburn

The Fiesta can invite whoever it wants of the BCS eligible teams. The WKU game might be contributing (correction: is contributing) to us being ranked 10 instead of 8 or 9 maybe, but that's it. If we were going by SOS of who was ranked higher and all, OSU and Oregon would go, and nobody would even be talking about Notre Dame.

PC, what poll has WVU ahead of Auburn? They are ahead one spot in the computes...but that is it. Every poll I saw had us 1-3 spots ahead of them.

:au:

Archived