associated Press ALL-SEC 1st and 2nd team

WarTiger

Great job Tigers!!!!!!

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?url_cha...hange_well_id=2

But, I seem to remember a certain Bama fan guaranteeing (sp?) us here two years ago that Crodie would be ALL-SEC before he left UAT.... yet, he is no where to be found in his LAST chance...imagine that...

Defensive player of the year Dimeco Ryans? Wow...what a load of crap...the best linebacker this year played for Ole Miss. What did Ryans do the last few games of the year? Nothing...I'm surprised Brodi isn't 1st team QB...

Great job Tigers!!!!!!

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?url_cha...hange_well_id=2

But, I seem to remember a certain Bama fan guaranteeing (sp?) us here two years ago that Crodie would be ALL-SEC before he left UAT.... yet, he is no where to be found in his LAST chance...imagine that...

203735[/snapback]

And where is the bama fan? :big:

Surely something is wrong....there are no Britts in sight :big:

I also note that there are no bama OL on 1st or 2nd team and some bama fan here said their OL would be one of the best in the country. Somehow Kyle tatum got honorable mention. They must not have talked to Brodie :big:

It seems to me that our defense is under-represented. And did Chris Leak really have a better year than Brandon Cox? They lost to uat 31-3, as I recall.

great job by all the guys on the list, auburn and everyone else. demeco ryans deserves that award. he's a great player. he and patrick willis and greg blue and maybe even kyle williams could all have gotten that without batting an eye.

my only beef is that troy deserved to be on the list. he's a really good tackle that played on the blind side of our qb all year. and chris leak doesn't deserve that. i'm sorry he doesn't. brandon played a LOT better this year. and maybe even brodie too.

I'm a little surprized that none of our four 1000-yd receivers even made honorable mention. On the flip side, how often do brothers (David & Kenny Irons) show up on these lists?

I agree about our recievers...CT had a down year due to injuries but Ben, Devin, and Anthony all had great years....but the thing that surpises me the most is that Copper was Pre season and didn't even get a mention...Pope was with out a doubt 1st team but Coop should have at least gotten a mention....am I right or what?

dj hall??????????????????????????? :blink:

Guest Tigrinum Major
dj hall??????????????????????????? :blink:

203875[/snapback]

Lots of catches, lots of yards.

Remember the three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics (no offense, Stat.)

He had a ton of cathces because he is the only thing close to a "reciever" on the uat roster. ;)

Would ANYONE, in their right mind, pick hall over ANY of AU's starting Wrs? :no:

Case closed. :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major
He had a ton of cathces because he is the only thing close to a "reciever" on the uat roster. ;)

Would ANYONE, in their right mind, pick hall over ANY of AU's starting Wrs? :no:

Case closed. :big:

203906[/snapback]

I don't disagree, Tim. Unfortunately, statistics are what people look at when they vote for these types of things. Hall ranks around 5th or 6th in the conference in both catches and yards, so his name jumps off the page of numbers.

That being said, I would rather have Lee Guess on my team that D.J. Hall, not to mention Prechae Rodriguez, Rod Smith, Courtney, Ben, Devin or Anthony.

But I might be a touch biased.

Seriously, if any of our top four were a "feature" receiver, they would win this hands down. Hall benefited from having to be the good to guy when Prothro went out. The other WRs in that offense were far from stellar.

I know there is a lot of bashing of Brodie, but I do believe he was one of the better QB's in the league this year....to me it should have been this...

1st Team: DJ Shockey,

2nd Team: Brandon Cox

HM: Brodie Croyle, Jamarcus Russell, Jay Cutter.....

No way Leake should be listed with these players.....

And I'll take any of our receivers over anyone on the 1st or 2nd teams.....

Tubs and the Auburn staff are Coaches of the Year....

I was extremely disappointed as well, when i saw Chris Leak on this list. He's done absolutely nothing to deserve this. Cuttler at Vandy totally deserves first team.. I don't understand how the QB that leads the highest scoring offense in the league would get left off.

My guess is, having leak on there was nothing but a sympathy vote. He and the other two are all seniors right?? Last hurrah for all three of these, i think.

leak is a Junior??? wow...must have escaped me on that one.

Am i alone here or do others of you feel that Myer and Miles are in over their heads??

Either way Brandon Cox should have been at least on second team instead of Leak...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Myer and Miles are in the deep end without floaties.

A blind monkey could have won 7 games at LSU this fall, and they are just a few plays away from 6-5. Granted, talent and ability carried them through and they won a bunch of games, but it was not due to coaching. Pellini is lost and Miles has no confidence in Jimbo Fisher.

The look on Myer's face at the end of the Bama game was priceless. I bet he had never heard anything as loud as Tuberville Stadium that day.

Archived