Big News

SKCAUB

Let me preface this by saying it IS A RUMOR...so I have NO LINK. But there is supposed to be, I hear, some BIG, GOOD news coming out of the Athletic Dept. after the bowl game. Does anyone have a clue what that might be?

I only come here seeking the truth....

:au::homer:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking on contrition of anonymity, unnamed highly placed sources within the University of Alabama athletic department have told me, that AUBURN University has started a contribution campaign to give Coach Mike Shula and his entire staff a raise in pay and life time contracts. After hearing of the trust fund, every other school (and coach) in the SEC has made a significant contribution.

will it be football related? Could be basketball or swimming.

If I had to guess plans for Jordan Hare expansion to 98,000 seats,

with 100,000 the goal for 2010. Included in this would be several parking decks.

Like I said, just a guess.

Well, I don't have a clue...maybe someone can enlighten us by day's end....

THE BIG NEWS is the "FLUSH" is moving back to where it used to be....

For those of you who remember the best ice cream out of a little old house...

:blink:

It's no secret the top priority jay jacobs is working on is a new basketball practice facility & upgrades to beard-eaves. I doubt that is the annoucement though as they are still determining where to locate the practice facility, re-locate tennis courts, re-locate locker rooms, etc.

I'd go with the earlier speculation about the stadium expansion. I filled out a questionaaire with my season tickets a few years ago regarding the expansion & desire to purchase additional season tickets. That combined with the previous years success on the field & post season was probably enough to push it forward. If not mistaken I believe the plan was for the north end zone to be closed in with luxury suites & some general seating.

Also, it's no secret the parking lot behind the north end zone is going to be converted into a parking deck.

Also, it's no secret the parking lot behind the north end zone is going to be converted into a parking deck.

203890[/snapback]

Construction is well under way for this... I also noticed driving past JHS in the last week that the entire West side is fenced off and it looks like they are doing a lot of work inside the stadium.

Others have suggested it will be the announcement of CAB as co-head coach.

203891[/snapback]

hahaha :roflol: This isnt Pee Wee football

Local radio station commented this morning about it and they too said it would be announced after the bowl game that JHS would expand to 100,00.

if they do expand the stadium does that mean they'll close in one endzone sort of like what bama is doing?

203909[/snapback]

Yes, I'm guessing the North endzone.

if they do expand the stadium does that mean they'll close in one endzone sort of like what bama is doing?

203909[/snapback]

Yes, I'm guessing the North endzone.

203911[/snapback]

that's what I wast thinking too. It should be fairly easy to do because there is just a parking lot behind it.

203891[/snapback]

203902[/snapback]

Not so fast my friend...Don't forget that is part of what drew Chizik to Texas was the DC/Assistant Head Coach title.

The news is probably regarding the expansion, but CAB as OC/Assistant Head Coach wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

It makes since to add on we already have one of the best big game atmospheres in the country, it is underrated on a national basis...and part of the reason that michigan gets so much publicity is the "Big House" with the biggest stadium int he country and all that crap...I've been there and the big house isn't that impressive(relative to Jordan Hare) Jordan Har feels bigger and better....the program has revenues in the 70-130 million dollar a year range...spend the extra 40 million to make it a 118 thousand seat stadium and be able to lay claim to the top stadium in the country for football bar-none pro or college....and that would go a long way to adding to our bragging right and recruiting pitch (which is the lifeblood of the program) along with a quality -relatively stable coaching staff...want to be ranked with texas and michigan and tnnessee in the preseason polls? then win big games and spend the extra 30 million to separate us from the south carolinas and michigan states and the wisconsins and Oregon states of the world...All that money doesn't go to the players, you got to spend it somewhere

....BUILD THE BIGGEST STADIUM!

Beat Wisconsin!

Recruit a stud kicker

BEAT ALABAMA for the next ten years in a row!

Work on that LSU gameplan this winter.

National Champs 2006!!!

B Cox for Heisman in Two years...Kenny Irons for Heisman next year...well we might miss Marcus McNeil a bit(or a bunch)...Hopefully Hart and Palmer and King Dunlap are ready to take over. and it is tough to replace Travis Williams and his leadership....so we do have to hope that Merril and Tray Blackmon and compay are ready to kick it up a notch. Good Luck

WAAAAR EAGLE!

Guest Tigrinum Major

203891[/snapback]

203902[/snapback]

Not so fast my friend...Don't forget that is part of what drew Chizik to Texas was the DC/Assistant Head Coach title.

The news is probably regarding the expansion, but CAB as OC/Assistant Head Coach wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

203927[/snapback]

But not a co-head coach. I believe that was what the reference was referring to concerning pee wee football.

It makes since to add on we already have one of the best big game atmospheres in the country, it is underrated on a national basis...and part of the reason that michigan gets so much publicity is the "Big House" with the biggest stadium int he country and all that crap...I've been there and the big house isn't that impressive(relative to Jordan Hare) Jordan Har feels bigger and better....the program has revenues in the 70-130 million dollar a year range...spend the extra 40 million to make it a 118 thousand seat stadium and be able to lay claim to the top stadium in the country for football  bar-none pro or college....and that would go a long way to adding to our bragging right and recruiting pitch (which is the lifeblood of the program) along with a quality -relatively stable coaching staff...want to be ranked with texas and michigan and tnnessee in the preseason polls? then win big games and spend the extra 30 million to separate us from the south carolinas and michigan states and the wisconsins and Oregon states of the world...All that money doesn't go to the players, you got to spend it somewhere

....BUILD THE BIGGEST STADIUM!

203930[/snapback]

I'm not sure that adding that many seats would be a good idea. I'd rather consistently sell out a 90,000 seat stadium than have 100,000 people at a game and a bunch of extra seats. Auburn already lacks sellouts (or at least butts in the seats, there is obviously a difference) for several games a year. Sure, no matter how big they make JHS there will be enough fans to go to the Bama, Georgia and LSU games, but what about when we play Ole Miss, Miss St, Vandy, Kentucky and out of conference teams? It looks bad and has to be dispiriting to the players when they see empty seats...

203891[/snapback]

Probably assistant head coach, yes? Doubt it would be "co".... But I guess anything is possible.... Thanks guys...it's all pretty interesting.

I agree 100% with DC WarEagle. We don't need extra seats right now. What we need is a new basketball arena like the one UAB has in B'ham. Jordan-Hare is big enough right now as it is.

I agree 100% with DC WarEagle. We don't need extra seats right now. What we need is a new basketball arena like the one UAB has in B'ham. Jordan-Hare is big enough right now as it is.

203951[/snapback]

what do you think pays for all the other athletic needs , football.

Plus if this is indeed what the "news" is then it is a 3-5 year project

timetable. With the upgrades in scheduling that are coming and what looks

to be perennial top 10-15 program, yes we will need the seats.

will every game sell out no, but they don't at Neyland, the Big House, Happy Valley

or the Horseshoe either, but the majority will. Build for the future.

203951[/snapback]

what do you think pays for all the other athletic needs , football.

Plus if this is indeed what the "news" is then it is a 3-5 year project

timetable. With the upgrades in scheduling that are coming and what looks

to be perennial top 10-15 program, yes we will need the seats.

will every game sell out no, but they don't at Neyland, the Big House, Happy Valley

or the Horseshoe either, but the majority will. Build for the future.

203954[/snapback]

Right on!!! Plus it's important that we call the bammers and raise them one :big:

203951[/snapback]

Neyland, the Big House, Happy Valley

or the Horseshoe either, but the majority will.

203954[/snapback]

Oh yes they do. Games at those stadiums are always full. It doesn't matter who they're playing. AU fans stay home much too often for the softer opponents. Until we fill the stadium for those consitently, we should not expand the stadium with more regular seating. How embarassing would that be to expand the stadium to 100K plus and then have the media crucify us for a half empty stadium for the next Vandy or Kentucky game. :thumbsdown:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Speaking on conditions of anonymity, a young student intern known only as "Simone" was quoted as saying, "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Brandon pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

Watch for future updates.

My source trumps your source. MY source is the "Sausage KING of Chicago"!

:D

p.s. Could I interest you in some WARM Gummie Bears? ;)

Archived