Mario Fannin!

AuburnGrad02'

Fist off I would like to say that I look at this website with enthusiasm every day, I love it, I don't post much but I do read everyday. So, what I would like to know are some opinions on Fannin. The more I read about the guy the more I don't think he will end up at Auburn. And rivals couple of articles just make me fell more that way. My couple of reasons are: 1) Ben Tate and hopefully Cordera Eason 2) He seems to fall more in love with Florida with every passing day per his latest article on rivals 3) He's a solid commit according to the sites I have seen but he say's that Florida is right up there with Auburn and that he is still analyzing the Florida situation.

I know that he and all the other guys are young and they still have a month or so to change their minds and blah, blah, blah but I just don't like it, I can be selfish can't I :D . Just trying to spark some conversation other than Tebow. I'd like to know others opinions.

p.s. One more thing, I see Mario as a safety or a corner in college but from what I've read he wants to play runningback. I think that is what we recruited him for. I wonder how this will play in the mix. Meyer supposedly told him he could compete next year at Florida for the job. Sorry for the long post and WDE :cheer:

The Fannin situation does seem a bit odd, like 1 month ago Fannin was all about Auburn, talking about how he was Auburn bound for sure, meanwhile Ben Tate was the one that everyone thought we might lose...forward to today, Tate is a lock and Fannin seems to be unsure of himself.

Dude, give me a freakin' break. Rivals is just like any other media outlet, except probably more desperate. Those guys need to stir up interest & controversy to entertain readers otherwise all those paid subscriptions would dry up.

From what I've heard Fannin is solid to AU, plus if this kid or any of them want to explore all options & think it over, more power to them. It's only one of the biggest decisions of their life so far. Apparently Tate knew AU was the place for him and made it known early in the recruiting process.

Quit wasting your time hanging on every word these national enquirer of recruiting mags pump out. Expect fannin & tate & perhaps eason on the plains next fall, or in Tate's case this January. If anything, fannin & tate's committments probably will keep eason away & to one of the mississippi schools.

With immaturity and stars in their eyes, it's always difficult to keep some of the guys in the fold. Some guys like "Bo" were more mature than most and were taught that "your word is your bond." Personally, I think that is a very admirable trait to find in a college prospect and something to judge him early on with. JMO-WDE! :)

Archived