Auburn brings the fans

TigerOne

for those doubting Auburn following, which has never been a problem.

From the Birmingham News.

The Capital One Bowl is surprised Wisconsin fans are not matching Auburn's eagerness to declare Disney World as a New Year's destination.

Wisconsin fans have purchased approximately 8,000 tickets from the school's allotment of 12,000 for the Jan. 2 game in Orlando. Auburn has sold 14,000 after requesting additional tickets.

"It's pretty shocking," said Tom Mickle, executive director of Florida Citrus Sports, which operates the bowl. "I would have thought Wisconsin would have blown it through the roof. If I had guessed coming in, I would have thought 16,000 to 18,000, no problem."

To put it in perspective, UoW has an enrollment of 41,000 and has been nearly that big for as long as I can remember (had a friend who went there back in the late 60's). So they likely have twice the number of alumni that we do, AND most folks in that area love to go south for the winter anyway. It is truly puzzling that they can't sell their allotment.

That is a bit surprising. I guess the late season skid combined with the knowledge that the Auburn Tigers are going to administer a beat-down has the Badgers staying at home.

The article mentions another school that seems to be suffering from the late season melt-down woes as well:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...4110.xml&coll=2

Meanwhile, limited tickets remain from Alabama's purchase of 15,000 to the Jan. 2 Cotton Bowl. Texas Tech sold out its allotment of 17,000 as Alabama's opponent.

According to the O/A News today, we had an initial allotment of 12,000. We sold those and requested an additional 1,500. We sold those and have requested an additional 2,000 and the athletic dept is still taking orders. Way to go Tigers!!!!! I wish I could afford the $70 a pop to go!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

There must be a huge mixup. Auburn fans don't travel well. It's the bammers with all that tradishun that can sell all the tickets they can get :big:

Wtf? This is punishment. The cheeseheads don't even want to come to the game! I can't believe we got stuck with them again. At least the players will get to enjoy Disney World I guess. :rolleyes:

Archived