Notable Quotables in 2005

DKW 86

See for yourself.

"I just want to say: Who are we? We are people who have always been for inspections of prisons, for some degree of human rights, and now we’re defending neither.... We have now violated everything that we stand for. It is the first time in my life I have been ashamed of my country."

— NPR’s Nina Totenberg, commenting on a front-page Washington Post report that captured terrorists are being held at undisclosed sites, Inside Washington, Nov. 4. [80]

It is the first time in my life I have been ashamed of my country.

This is likely Nina Totenberg's favorite saying of all time. She may have it carved in her headstone someday. Nina hosts NPR's All (Liberal) Things Considered.

It is the first time in my life I have been ashamed of my country.

The monsters who attacked us on 9/11 were not US citizens, nor were even citizens of any recognize State. They were blood thirsty zealots who wanted simply to murder as many innocent lives as they could. Nina Totenberg simply wants to ignore that basic fact, and continue to live in a fantasy world where mosters only exist in OUR Gov't. , and no where else.

That people like here exist, even after 9-11, scares me to no end. She simply doesn't get it, and her wilful ignorance will get more innocents killed.

Archived