Too Much T-shirt, not enough coaching

DKW 86

Reason for this is very evident, we read too many press clipplings.

We are 4-0 against Bama, so what? If that is all you want, I guess that is fine.

We were so busy patting ourselves on the back for being so clever, we just got waxed on national TV.

Hope this doesnt hurt recruiting toomuch as try to explain getting wxed like this. Most uncompetitive bowl game in a while.

Reminds me of the Arkansas games.

Poor coaching by Tubs. He better figure out how to coach a game after a long lay off. He better get it together before the first game of the season or we will come out flat again and get smoked.

Here's my thoughts:

The players and coaches had their heads so far in the clouds (or up their asses) that theyobviously weren't prepard.

Our offense looked worse than most high school teams would have, against a Wisconsin team they should have killed - remember everyone thinking how bad we would kill "W", unfortunately the players thought it too.

We obviously forgot how to tackle - I can't remember seeing so many blown tackles. I'm going to have nightmares of Pitts getting roasted until next year.

CTT understated it when he said we weren't "in rythem" - we weren't even there!!!

I was afraid this would happen when everyone and their brother was going on about how bad we would beat Wisconsin. The Achilles Heel of this team is getting their heads in the game when they are favored.

I wish Wisconsin would have punched that last one in for another score - we deserved it. It's our job to stop them, we proved we didn't want to (we had the talent and ability), and to have them kneel outis even more of an embarassment.

It was exactly the same problem we had against Tech - TOO MUCH EGO!!! Hopefully the coaches and players have this game on tape and watch it numerous times between now and our opener next year.

Talk about ending a great season on a s****y note. I still support Tubs and the players, but hopefully this will teach everyone a valuable lesson going into next season..

On a positive note, David Irons may want to rethink going pro after watching our secondary get torched for 4 hours.....

Reason for this is very evident, we read too many press clipplings.

We are 4-0 against Bama, so what? If that is all you want, I guess that is fine.

We were so busy patting ourselves on the back for being so clever, we just got waxed on national TV.

Hope this doesnt hurt recruiting toomuch as try to explain getting wxed like this. Most uncompetitive bowl game in a while.

Reminds me of the Arkansas games.

208383[/snapback]

Well said David!

If Tubberville thinks that he can just beat Alabama every year and everyone be happy...he is dead wrong!

I am not one that turns on the team after a loss...but to lose with absolutely ZERO effort by the team and seemingly ZERO preparation by the coaches is NOT going to cut it!

I am glad that I didn't waste my money to go and watch that embarrasment!!! No excuse for that showing today!!!

We flat got beat..in every aspect of the game. I do believe all the celebration after the GA and Bama wins took away the focus from both coaches and players. I am looking awfully hard for positives at the moment and it's hard to find many.

Fortunately the players are more resilient than fans like myself. They will bounce back, hopefully work hard this off season and have a great spring. Some days things just don't click and this was one of them.

War Eagle! in thick and thin...

We were manhandled, pure and simple. I do hope that one day we can get these kind of preformances behind us. How do we always manage to simply stinkup a game periodically? Give Wis credit, they were focused and went about business, the business is kicking AU's butt. It could have been much worse had the D not played well at times. Have we never tackled in the open field before or not given a soft cushion to receivers. It looked like the first game of the year. Our timing on passing routes was horribly off. Simple passes were missed badly. There DL put a wupping on our all SEC OL. When we go to have a good time we certainly do not mean playing football. Anyway congrats to UAT and Fla and go Dogs.

Here are MY thoughts:

Thank you to a Senior class that won as many games as ANY AU team EVER. Thanks for four seasons of great football and 4 wins over the cross state rednecks.

Thank you to Coach Tuberville and staff for putting Auburn Football back on the map where it belongs. Thank you for running a CLEAN program that not only wins football games but graduates players at a record setting pace.

I refuse to let ONE game at the end of the season make me sound as if I am a spoiled fan like those of certain other "schools".

To the returning players and the recruits I say get ready to work HARD in the off season and the Spring. Get ready to lay it on the line and make us proud yet again.

Thank you TEAM for a good season. Let's set our goals on GREATNESS

WAR EAGLE...Now and FOREVER...WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au::cheer:

I think this could be a good thing.

Make sure your players remember what its like to get your butt kicked hence MORE MOTIVATION next year.

This may get players to remember that not giving your best will result in a loss.

I knew this game was going to occur but I figured it would be in the Sugar Bowl

Here are MY thoughts:

Thank you to a Senior class that won as many games as ANY AU team EVER. Thanks for four seasons of great football and 4 wins over the cross state rednecks.

Thank you to Coach Tuberville and staff for putting Auburn Football back on the map where it belongs. Thank you for running a CLEAN program that not only wins football games but graduates players at a record setting pace.

I refuse to let ONE game at the end of the season make me sound as if I am a spoiled fan like those of certain other "schools".

To the returning players and the recruits I say get ready to work HARD in the off season and the Spring. Get ready to lay it on the line and make us proud yet again.

Thank you TEAM for a good season. Let's set our goals on GREATNESS

WAR EAGLE...Now and FOREVER...WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:   :cheer:

208413[/snapback]

That is very well said, but at the same time, getting beat because of mentally not showing up hurts. Loosing a hard fought game where you gave it your all is fine, getting freaking humiliated on National TV because you didn't prepare stinks. I agree our goal should be greatness - but that means the coaches need to have the players prepared for EVERY game.

If we were calling for CTT's job, or blaming the loss on the officals or whatever, THAT would sound like the spoiled fans of another school - pointing out the fact that our team is capable of so much more isn't. It's just a disappointment....

I think we spent too much time playing with Mickey Mouse, because we sure played Mickey Mouse football. I'm sure lessons were learned, but lessons may also be learned by winning.

What did Tubs say on the postgame interview on the AU network?

Maybe that will help the team work in the off season.

WARNING SIGN before the game. CTT was asked if winning the bowl game was important for rankings in the coming season. Answer no not really it doesn't matter.

Auburn's arrogance, we've already won attitude and trash talking bit them in the ass.

For what's it worth next season started today, and Tubs didn't put much emphasis on winning the game, just have fun you deserved it. What happened to Borges,

worst play calling in his tenure at Auburn. CTT had better change his bowl preparation, cause this way don't work.

Give big kudos to Alvarez for not scoring at the end, cause they would have.

Very classy. The hangover from beating uat is over.

Really a big disappointment. :no::angry:

Well. Something needs to be done about our defense. Some games, the speed of our defense helps us, but it seems like they over pursue too much or they get blocked so easily. We can't cover the pass worth a ****... But it seems like we go through that every year, except last year.

Borges.. Mm MM.. What is up!? We will get 6 yards on a run, then he calls a toss and we lose 2-3 yards. Then we do a pass and Cox throws it off or the WR drops the ball.

Also.. Mr. Borges... Why are you doing playaction on 2nd and 10+ and 3rd and 10+.. Doesn't make sense. They know we aren't going to run the ball... and it gives them more time to get to Cox.

Tubs sucks at getting his players ready when they are favorites. Sure we'll get wins when we're underdogs, but Tubs has to show that he can coach the team to play they way they're spost to. Look back to the bama game last year. If we would have come out and killed them we may have had a national championship game birth. We played sloppy. We still won but the players were not ready for that game or todays game. We're never going to win a national championship with Tubberville if he continues to coach the way he does. We don't win the games that we should far too often. Maybe this is a good thing for next year because we won't get the respect that we should because of this game. They should have played like they are capable of but they didn't.

We had a good year. We lost 2 games that we really didn't have any business losing. GT and UW do not have the talent that AU possesses on their rosters. We, who have followed Tubby's AU coaching career, have seen this type of performance, by a Tubby team, in the past. I thought that Tubby had turned the corner. I may have been wrong. Tubby can't blame Chizik this time. In order to be an elite program, you need consist antsy. Tubby, in the past, has been inconsistent. David mentioned the Arky loses; those are but 2 examples of his inconsistentsy. DO NOT be fooled into thinking that this loss will not affect next year's preseason polls. We’re 9-3, but things could have been much sweeter. Let's hope that this game was just an aberration, and we will not see the Old Inconsistent Tubby next year.

A big Thank You to the seniors. You guys gave us some unforgettable moments over the last 4 years. :cheer:

:au:

I think you need to calm down, Raven. I admit that I am not as embarrassed as I would have been if I had been able to watch the game (what idiot would choose to work today instead of last Friday, not my choice), but I could argue that Tubs deserves SEC coach of the year. For the reg. season we are arguably the best team in the conference after losing four players to the first round of the NFL draft. I am still proud of us, but yes, I am not as excited about receiving my "Fear the Tumb" shirt from Tiger Rags. I don't think that UAT is quite as fearful now as they were yesterday....BUT THEY SHOULD BE!!!!!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major
I think you need to calm down, Raven.

208483[/snapback]

I thought that was one of my more calm posts... :big:

208501[/snapback]

I thought so, too. It was slightly positive. DrTom must not be aware of your former tirades against Tuberville and Borges. He did say earlier that he had been away for awhile.

I think you need to calm down, Raven.

208483[/snapback]

I thought that was one of my more calm posts... :big:

208501[/snapback]

I thought so, too. It was slightly positive. DrTom must not be aware of your former tirades against Tuberville and Borges. He did say earlier that he had been away for awhile.

208502[/snapback]

Mainly against Tubby. I was against the Borges hire initially but seems to have been a good hire, even with today's lack of production. :big:

Let us not forget what a good season this was guys. It is easy to do that with bookend losses which were so ugly like they were this year. However, all things considered, this was a GREAT season and I can't wait for 2006. WDE!!

Whether starting the season or coming back after a long lay off ( no SEC title game ), CTT is among the best at getting the least from his team.

Lets try to open up a can of whoop a$$ to START the season, and not wait until Nov. 11 to show everyone what we're about here on the Plains.

Archived