LSU Senior Arrested

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Claude Wroten Arrested

Sterlington Police have arrested LSU defensive tackle Claude James Wroten Junior on drug charges.

Wroten was arrested last night on Highway 165 in Sterlington for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. Police say they stopped Wroten for speeding and found 24 grams of pot in 2 separate bags. They say they found one bag inside the car in plain view. They found the other tucked in his shoe. Police say Wroten also had 3 thousand dollars in cash. The Bastrop native was booked into the Ouachita Parish Correctional Center. He was released Wednesday morning on bond. Wroten played on the Tigers team that defeated the University of Miami Hurricanes in the December 20th Peach Bowl in the Georgia Dome. Wroten was expected to be a first-round pick in the upcoming NFL draft. TV8 News will have more on this breaking story at Noon, 5, 6 and 10.

The circumstances appear to point toward something more than simply smoking it.

Feel free to opine.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an idiot <_< Possible 1st round draft pick? Say goodbye to that bud...you just lost a couple of million dollars with that stunt.

As a former police officer I can tell you:

$3,000 + 24 g dope (one bag in his shoe) = Dope DEALER

Well, He is a corndog, after all. :big:

:lsu:

Well, 24 Gm is less than an ounce. So, intent to distribute may be a stretch. But, what a dumbass. On the verge of a 1st or 2nd round pick. I sure hope it was some good stuff, b/c it damn sure was expensive.

208941[/snapback]

I had absolutely no idea that marijuana was that expensive. :o:blink:

Yea, ya' know back when I was in school, an ounce only cost......uh, I mean....YEA, THAT SURE IS EXPENSIVE! :big:

Don't worry about his draft status. He just became more attractive to the pros.

Yeah this was a majorly stupid move by the young man, but with Dime bag Ricky in the NFL who knows he might be right at home.

What a idiot. Course they don't really care in the pro's these days either so it may not affect him.

This is the kinda thing that Gundy spent the offseason kicking about 15 players off his team for.

Yea that was a bad move. But is it really surprising? I mean he was around players from THE U recently. Maybe they rubbed off on him.

209046[/snapback]

Haha, thats pretty good.

I think the entire team is still high from a game in the dome against Thug U.

Cops - always jumpin' to conclusions.

As others have opined above, small amounts of stinky foot fungus pot can't bring that kind of money.

Why can't the money be inheritance? Or, his travel $ to the bowl game? Or his cut of the bowl money? Or his recruiting bonus for signing with LSWho? Or some other legitimate or illegitimate source. Unfortunately, he will be forced to prove it did not come from dope, or the Government will keep it. Why shouldn't the Government have to prove it came from dope in order to seize it? THIS MONEY WILL NOW NOT BE AVAILABLE TO GIVE TO AN ATTORNEY!!

:$: :angryfire: :$:

How can this be justice?

208941[/snapback]

Bullcrap. Unless you are an ex-psychic too then you really don't know do you? There are plenty of plausible explanations for what happened that wouldn't involve dealing drugs. They probably trumped up the charge, knowing it won't stick, to get the headlines and plea bargain or just to try and keep the $3,000.

The only thing I know about a cop is that unless I know them personally I don't trust them as far as I can throw them. There are alot of good cops out there and a lot of worthless a-holes with a chip on their shoulder who often don't understand the law and are more than willing to bend the rules out the ying yang because they have hunches like you have here that they are SURE are correct. Thats one reason that there are many innocent people in jail as we speak.

Not that anyone gives a darn, but to clarify, I have respect for police officers and anyone else I meet until they give me a reason not to. My knock is against automatic assumptions made by some police. Like legaleagle said, he has to prove his innocence as opposed to the state having to prove his guilt. Thats bullcrap.

• 1 month later...

They're not pressing charges on him, but not saying why.

Link

"I let my parents, my team, my whole family down," Wroten said. "I shouldn't have even been around it. This is the first time I've ever done something like that, and the last time. I've just got to prove to everyone that I let down that it's not me."

Hopefully this is the truth. I have some ties with his mother, and she really is an outstanding woman. She was proud of her son (as she should be, he is a beast).

IMHO, with evidence that clear, he should have least been convicted of a misdemeanor, put on probation for a year , and then the conviction removed from his record if he had no furthere incidents. Who says regular students and student athletes are not treated differently?

IMHO, with evidence that clear, he should have least been convicted of a misdemeanor, put on probation for a year , and then the conviction removed from his record if he had no furthere incidents. Who says regular students and student athletes are not treated differently?

219061[/snapback]

If you only knew some of the stuff i see everyday, what these "student athlete's" get away with.

His lawyer said something along the lines of the cops didn't follow procedure and just looked in the car. Maybe that's the reason he was let off, but I would hope they could pin something else on a person with possession of that much illegal substance if they in fact are guilty. Maybe he is telling the truth and was just in the wrong car at the wrong time. Either way, I hope he learned a lesson. The kid almost threw away an NFL carrer worth more than the cost of the drugs in the car.

And you see those student athletes get away with stuff at uat and UT, right? :)

Kid needs to be in jail.....

My buddy had a roommate who "supposedly," stole his girlfriend's cat (its a long story)....so cops knock on his door...they open it, and a pipe was in plain view. The cops saw the pipe, then looked around and saw one medium size bag of marijuana, which was obviously not intent to sell. 15 minutes later, they are in jail, calling their parents....

Later, they had a court date, and ended up having to go through 6 months on probation with a couple of hours of community service.

So what did this guy have?

1. 24 grams of pot in 2 seperate bags, one in plain sight (I noticed someone saying he might've gotten off charges because the cop didn't follow procedure....thats BS, if the bag was in plain site the cop has every right to search more)

2. 3,000 dollars in cash.....Who carries that amount of cash? Do any of you?

This doesn't smell right. His mom might be an outstanding human, but her son got off in a dirty way.

208941[/snapback]

Bullcrap. Unless you are an ex-psychic too then you really don't know do you? There are plenty of plausible explanations for what happened that wouldn't involve dealing drugs. They probably trumped up the charge, knowing it won't stick, to get the headlines and plea bargain or just to try and keep the $3,000.

The only thing I know about a cop is that unless I know them personally I don't trust them as far as I can throw them. There are alot of good cops out there and a lot of worthless a-holes with a chip on their shoulder who often don't understand the law and are more than willing to bend the rules out the ying yang because they have hunches like you have here that they are SURE are correct. Thats one reason that there are many innocent people in jail as we speak.

209473[/snapback]

[/quote

Hmmmmm! Wonder why some of them have a "chip on their shouler", b/c of "people like you". Oh, yes there are plenty of really good explanantions....I bet the first one out of his mouth was "It's not mine." If he's not dealing it, then he is carrying for a dealer. Old saying..."Walks like a duck, Quacks like a duck, it is a duck." I never said he wasn't guilty. I simply said a police officer finds those things in an individual's car that is the obvious deduction.

Maybe you should try to get to know some of them before jumping to conclusions...isn't that what you are squacking at me about??? Take your own advice then. 99% of police are outstanding. It's the 1% like any other profession, athlete, priest, etc...that makes for people like you to spew at the mouth about things you know nothing about. I bet you one of the ones that complains when you see a police officer speeding when you know nothing about where he/she is going or what they are doing. He may be going to a burglary call. Departments around here do not run lights and sirens to such calls by policy. Question is do you want them doing the speed limit coming to your house when someone is potentially going to harm you and/or your family?? These are the things that make it so difficult on police....distrust with no basis (other than the ONE cop that did so and so). Police Officers have to make split second decisions, generally for their own safety and others, just to get arm chair quaterbacked by folks that don't know the first thing about law enforcement. It's gotten ridiculous, IMO!!!!

208941[/snapback]

209473[/snapback]

oh, btw, like 95% of those in jail say they did nothing wrong.

Archived