McElroy verbals to Tide

tiger42

McElroy is now a 5 star qb...and he will also play WR and throw the ball to himself...and of course, win 4 Heisman Trophies....

I thank you. :D

:au::homer:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McElroy is now a 5 star qb...and he will also play WR and throw the ball to himself...and of course, win 4 Heisman Trophies....

I thank you.  :D

:au:   :homer:

212432[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Lemming on Finebaum just now stated that McElroy was a "Heisman Candidate." Kid you not...

Great, we will now hear about how great this guy is for the next four years no matter what he does on the field.

The McElroy hype has begun in earnest, just like Croyle, Watts, Ray, Dunn, Woodson, etc.

I heard this too. Almost ran off the road. None of the recruiting guru's really had that much to say about this kid until today. Now he is a HT candidate. What happened to all the 4 and 5 star qb's and rb's and wr's, etc that are ranked ahead of him? :blink:

at least that's what everyone said when they didn't get him and then lost Smelly!!!

Point of clarification: Smelley was never offered so we did not "lose out" on him. He was insistent on playing baseball in college and Shula didnt want a QB doing football and baseball.

212426[/snapback]

Seems Croyle could have used some baseball skills on 11/19/05 - like sliding. GET DOWN!!

Lemming on Finebaum just now stated that McElroy was a "Heisman Candidate." Kid you not...

Great, we will now hear about how great this guy is for the next four years no matter what he does on the field.

The McElroy hype has begun in earnest, just like Croyle, Watts, Ray, Dunn, Woodson, etc.

David you really should check out his video...although...had you saw it when he was a Tech commit, you could have really thought he was talented.

Again, how do you argue with 4600 yards, 71% comp rate, 56 TDs and 10ints?

Its not like he was playing 1a ball or something. He plays for the #2 team in the NATION.

Let's go ahead and award these trophies to bammer. With McElroy's commitment, they are officially the new USC.

heisman8vm.jpgsearstrophy5uo.jpg

Its not like he was playing 1a ball or something.

you mean like Brodie Croyle did in the State of Alabama.... :poke:

He plays for the #2 team in the NATION.

do you really buy these high school national rankings??? Come on BG, everybody knows ranking high school teams is total BS... There is NO WAY to actually do this...#2 in the nation in HIGH SCHOOL????? :roflol::glare::lmao: thats about as credible as saying the 12 year old youth football team from Frisco City, Alabama is #2 in the nation... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

do you really buy these high school national rankings??? Come on BG, everybody knows ranking high school teams is total BS... There is NO WAY to actually do this...#2 in the nation in HIGH SCHOOL?????roflol.gif glare.gif lmao.gif thats about as credible as saying the 12 year old youth football team from Frisco City, Alabama is #2 in the nation... disagree.gif disagree.gif

You would agree, I hope, that if USA Today says they are #2 in the nation...they have to be at least good. And have to play against some good talent.

Here's one a little less ambiguous: State Champions in the highest classification of texas football.

My point was that he put up UNGODLY numbers against good competition while on a good team.

Not a jab, but why hasn't he been mentioned a little more on a national level with numbers like that? Did he commit early to TT, or is he just one of those "under the radar" guys?

For three years he played behind two QBs who are now playing in college. He only was a starter for one season.

He got the texas tech offer before his senior year and thought that would be the best he could get since he didnt have much old tape to show off his skills.

He said he got a michigan offer late...but didnt want to play in the cold.

Too bad. With uat's "o-line" he will be out in the COLD. :D

Is Croyle going to stay around long enough to teach him the "armadillo play" or will he have to learn it on his own?

212698[/snapback]

I hear that the "armadillo play" is actually one of the major items that the uat coaches evaluate during their qb camps. :D:D

Here's one a little less ambiguous: State Champions in the highest classification of texas football.

Texas has a state champion for every divided territory because the state is so big. So his school is the "state champion" of a little part of Texas.

Texas has a state champion for every divided territory because the state is so big. So his school is the "state champion" of a little part of Texas.

212722[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

I can't believe bg left out that little tid bit of info. :D

So you are saying the 5A State champions in texas didnt play anybody?

Even though high school rankings are subjective...#2 in the nation leaves little doubt that they are in fact good.

The state is so big, but so is the population. Especially in freaking dallas.

I heard he "verbaled" because he can't read or write! They'll probably redshirt him so they can teach him the alphabet! - then let him tutor the others!! :P

Maybe they can teach him sign language in time to let him know when to "Hit the dirt!". :D

i'll admit its great recognition for them to even acknowledge high school sports..but these top 25 lists are compiled by ONE man.....allegedly he "consults" other sportswriters and coaches...but ranking is stilll done by ONE person... not exactly credible in my book.

I heard he "verbaled" because he can't read or write!  They'll probably redshirt him so they can teach him the alphabet! - then let him tutor the others!!  :P

212753[/snapback]

Another reason he's appealing as a recruiting: over 1300 on the SATs.

aupcolatiger

Would you say that he probably played against better talent in 5A (same as 6A here) in Dallas as Neil Caudle did in Bham?

Archived