Problems for Georgia & Mark Richt?

Tigermike

Sorry, I don't have a link. So if you want or need to delete, you know where the button is.

Georgia Athletics Director Damon Evans confirmed Sunday in an exclusive interview with UGASports.com that the NFL's New Orleans Saints have contacted Georgia assistant head coach Rodney Garner. Garner, who was absent from Wednesday afternoon's National Signing Day press conference on family business, not only coaches Georgia's defensive tackles, but is the recruiting coordinator as well. Rodney is one of the biggest parts of Georgia's football success under Mark Richt, if he leaves it could hurt.

No doubt that RG is a VERY good recruiter. MR has "fought off" attempts to take him away from GA in the past. Time will tell.....

The only thing that could be worse for the GA team would be to lose Richt. This guy has as much to do with UGA's success as anybody. Richt fattened up his contract last year because he was afraid to lose him. UGA fans will have to learn what AU fans already know. If you have a good staff, these rumors are going to come out EVERY off season. Sometimes they will prove to be true.

Saints already hired a DL coach so I am feeling better about this.

Garner had almost left the last 2 years so it wouldn't come as a shock.

As for it hurting UGA, I doubt it would have this huge effect as many think.

Garner does a fantastic job recruiting but he is far from the reason we are a Top 10 class every year. We have had several other coaches recruit some of our top prospects.

Archived