List some of the best games you've seen

WarTiger

The best Auburn games I've been to since I've been in school (in no particular order except for number 1)

1. @ UGA 2005

2. @ LSU 2005 (even with the loss it was intense as hell)

3. LSU 2004

4. UT 2003

5. MISS 2003 (loss, can not believed he dropped that)

6. Bama 2003 (my first Iron Bowl...Go Crazy Cadillac!)

7. UGA 2004

8. Bama 2005

9. Va Tech 2005 (sugar bowl)

Overall game experience - No comparison...'89 Alabama game.

I was fortunate enough to score a seat in the skybox.  50 yard line seats and prime rib at halftime.  I could have died after that one and been okay with it. :big:

Also, '04 and '05 Iron Bowls. 

I gotta admit, the ticket scoring gods have been looking out for me over the years.

50 yard line seats for both.  Sat through the "first half dominance" with the dark pink ones happily reminding me of what was happening.  Sometime after the 3rd touchdown pass in the 3rd quarter, they all just sat there staring.

220717[/snapback]

Thanks Fanatc!!!

I can't believe it took page two for THE game to be mentioned -- the first Iron Bowl at JH. I honestly believe that if I ever see AU win the Nat. Champ. it will still pale in comparison to the 1989 Iron Bowl. I was a senior, UAT was #2 and undefeated. We were #16 or so. When our players came out of the tunnel everyone in the stadium knew it was over. (I have UAT fan friends who thought the same thing--that we were invincible that day). We got behind early (0-10 I think), but you knew it was coming. We won 30-20, and man was Toomer's Corner rocking!

See link if you want another opinion

LINK

220727[/snapback]

Thanks for the link. Just reading that I felt like I was there again. That weekend has been, by far, the craziest I have ever seen in and around Auburn. For whatever reason, I knew Auburn would win on Friday night just listening to the players and Coach Dye. Of course the '82 Iron Bowl was great in itself, but I was only 12 years old, just begging my parents to let me run out onto the field after that one. I get chills listening to the '72 game highlights, but as a wee little Tiger of 2, I don't remember anything about that one.

Best Games I've Been To:

1. 1994 AU-Florida: Nix to Sanders

2. 1993 Iron Bowl: Did I already say Nix to Sanders? Capped a perfect season.

3. 1993 AU-Florida: That 1993 team just would not lose.

4. 1987 Iron Bowl: My first Iron Bowl. Shut the Tide out.

5. 2005 Sugar Bowl: Capped another perfect season and showed the world why the BCS sux.

6. 1994 AU-LSU: The Interception Game!

I have been lucky enough to attend about fifty Auburn games (including five wins over Bama), but those are some of the best ones.

Best Games I Have Watched on TV:

1. 1989 Iron Bowl

2. 2004 AU-LSU

3. That seven OT Arkansas-Ole Miss Game

4. This Year's Rose Bowl. You gotta admit that was awesome.

5. 2005 AU-UGA game

Any win over Bamar, of course...PBP in particular. But I would be remiss if I didn't mention the '70 or '71 win over UT, where Sully took us down on the last drive to score, and beat the Vols 10-9! That game was on National TV...I saw it on Long Island...and it was one of, if not THE best TV game I ever saw....

:au::homer:

4.  1987 Iron Bowl:  My first Iron Bowl.  Shut the Tide out.

220852[/snapback]

I still have a bumper sticker from that game somewhere. It said...Shut Down, Shut Out...Shut Up. That was classic, especially in the Lesion Field days of the IB.

1972 in B'ham. Punt Bama Punt. There have been some really great wins since but that one will always stand out above all of the others in my mind.

Bo over the top ten years later is probably the other one that was the most significant to me.

The GA game this year was also about as good as it gets.

I was thinking the '01 UF game would be on everyone's list....hell that UF team was #1 in the nation! I can't even remember the last time the students ran on the field for a victory....

I was thinking the '01 UF game would be on everyone's list....hell that UF team was #1 in the nation!  I can't even remember the last time the students ran on the field for a victory....

220881[/snapback]

That's because we have better crowd control at Auburn, and you will get arrested for trespassing.... :D

01 UF is one of my favorites. #1 on my list would probably have to be 04 LSU though. UGA this year is up there too. the 04 IB a whole lot of fun if you were there(Nothing like singing a little rammer jammer in front of the home crowd.)

I was thinking the '01 UF game would be on everyone's list....hell that UF team was #1 in the nation!  I can't even remember the last time the students ran on the field for a victory....

220881[/snapback]

I know it's really about the game and not the season but the way '01 ended soured the whole year to me. The uninspired performances against UA, LSU, and NC were unforgivable. I'm not saying it wasn't a great game. There have been many great Auburn games. Just for my list this factor moves it down a few spaces.

The best I have attended without a doubt is the '94 AU win over UF in the Swamp. I was on the 50 yd line on the 5th row, couldn't even see the corner of the endzone where Sanders caught the pass, just had to watch the reaction of the UF folks across the way. The LSU interception game at JHS was a great game.

Games I watched, AU games the '05 uat smack down, '04 LSU, '04 and '05 UGA. Non AU games....this year's Rose Bowl, TExas v. USC, I was rooting for the Horns from the opening kickoff just like they were wearing orange and blue!!

1. 2001 Florida

2. 2005 UGA

3. 2001? Syracuse OT

4. 2004 LSU

5. 2005 Bama (1st half ya know.. before it got boring)

I went absolutely crazy watching the Texas USC this year. (Big Texas fan I've always been..) So that belongs on my list but I don't know what #

I was fortunate enough to score a seat in the skybox.  50 yard line seats and prime rib at halftime.  I could have died after that one and been okay with it. :big:

I gotta admit, the ticket scoring gods have been looking out for me over the years.

50 yard line seats for both.  Sat through the "first half dominance" with the dark pink ones happily reminding me of what was happening.  Sometime after the 3rd touchdown pass in the 3rd quarter, they all just sat there staring.

220717[/snapback]

Thanks Fanatc!!!

I can't believe it took page two for THE game to be mentioned -- the first Iron Bowl at JH. I honestly believe that if I ever see AU win the Nat. Champ. it will still pale in comparison to the 1989 Iron Bowl. I was a senior, UAT was #2 and undefeated. We were #16 or so. When our players came out of the tunnel everyone in the stadium knew it was over. (I have UAT fan friends who thought the same thing--that we were invincible that day). We got behind early (0-10 I think), but you knew it was coming. We won 30-20, and man was Toomer's Corner rocking!

LINK

220727[/snapback]

I DID see Auburn win the MNC (1957)...and believe me...it didn't suck. B)

Every time we beat Bama.....I hate Alabama and I want you to hate them too....

Especially '72........and '89........oh hell, every one of them..........they're like sex; the worst of them is fantastic........

220717[/snapback]

Thanks Fanatc!!!

LINK

220727[/snapback]

I DID see Auburn win the MNC (1957)...and believe me...it didn't suck. B)

221277[/snapback]

Dang you are OLD.... :poke::big::big::au:

Auburn vs. Maryland with Boomer as Maryland's QB.  This was in 1983 I believe.

221383[/snapback]

Maryland was supposed to be our CUPCAKE game for homecoming that year. Boomer was playing out of his mind and had them in the top 10 coming into that game. That game was a prime example of how AU got SCREWED out of the NC that year. No one else played a schedule that was even close

Auburn vs. Maryland with Boomer as Maryland's QB.  This was in 1983 I believe.

221383[/snapback]

Wasn't that the game that Tommie Agee went crazy and ran for 150 or so, or is my mind slipping? I just remember chanting Agee!Agee!Agee! at one of the games later in that season.

That brings back more memories. I saw the '84 and '05 Sugar Bowl games and both were very exciting. I remember going crazy as a young'un when Del Greco hit that last field goal. We were all sure that Auburn would be MNC in the stadium. Especially after we heard that Miami had beaten Nebraska. Man what a shamockery that was.

Every time we beat Bama.....I hate Alabama and I want you to hate them too....

Especially '72........and '89........oh hell, every one of them..........they're like sex; the worst of them is fantastic........

221447[/snapback]

may be the best post i have ever read. :big:

i HATE alabama too!

Archived