List some of the best games you've seen

WarTiger

What woud be the best game(or top 3 or so) that you've seen...either on tv or in person..

1.) GMAC bowl Dec. 2001 Marshal 64 East Carolina 61 (2OT)

EC had a huge lead at the half only to see Byron Leftwitch bring marshall back for the win. Hihgest scoring bowl game in history...I was there and it was FREEZING..

2.) Auburn vs. Florida in gainesville 1994. UF ranked #1 and Auburn on a long winning streak... Auburn wins 38-35...

3.) not sure of the year or the score, perhaps somebody here can help....Arkansas vs. Ole Miss went like 7 OT's....unbelievable

4.) Auburn 31 Georgia 30 2005 Neither one of those teams wanted to lose....great football as usual for the souths oldest rivalry...

I was a freshman at AU in 1983, so that year is pretty special for me. Probably the best game from that year was the FSU game. The boys staged a last minute comeback to go ahead by four. FSU got the ball and proceeded to go straight back down the field. Greg Carr intercepted a pass to seal the victory.

I still think back to that as being my favorite time at a game.

I was a freshman at AU in 1983, so that year is pretty special for me. Probably the best game from that year was the FSU game. The boys staged a last minute comeback to go ahead by four. FSU got the ball and proceeded to go straight back down the field. Greg Carr intercepted a pass to seal the victory.

220662[/snapback]

I WAS AT THAT GAME!!! Where were you sitting... I was in the endzone opposite the video screen, on the very bottom row. That was a great game, and that was also my first in Jordan-Hare stadium..

Guest Tigrinum Major

The FSU game the next year in Tallahassee was a classic also. 42-41. I was working that evening and remember Fyffe going crazy.

That series with FSU was great back then, before Tot messed it up for everyone.

In Person: 04 LSU, 03 Bama (who will ever forget the first play of that game), and the last three UT games

On TV: too many to count but a few stand out, 97 LSU/AU, 97 Egg Bowl..Tubby goes for two Rebs win 15-14

In Person: 04 LSU, 03 Bama (who will ever forget the first play of that game), and the last three UT games

On TV: too many to count but a few stand out, 97 LSU/AU, 97 Egg Bowl..Tubby goes for two Rebs win 15-14

220665[/snapback]

03 UAT..I was there as well..Will never forget that one.and everytime i see that play I get chills knowing i was there to witness it...There is not a greater feeling...

220665[/snapback]

03 UAT..I was there as well..Will never forget that one.and everytime i see that play I get chills knowing i was there to witness it...There is not a greater feeling...

220668[/snapback]

That was almost the only play a buddy of mine saw from that game. (As I heard it, he went a bit ape and caused his wife to drop her full large soda all over the folks in front of them).

220665[/snapback]

220668[/snapback]

Of course the game ended up being a bit closer than I would have liked, but I watched it at a bar with a number of Bama fans. The expression on their faces when Caddy broke loose was...well...can I say "priceless"?

I couldn't begin to pick a favorite live/TV game out of my 51 years of life. Best game I heard on the radio, though? (As a freshman I didn't have tickets): 1972...Punt, Bama, Punt! (At least by not having tickets in Birmingham I was able to make it to Toomer's ASAP. :big: )

220662[/snapback]

I WAS AT THAT GAME!!! Where were you sitting... I was in the endzone opposite the video screen, on the very bottom row. That was a great game, and that was also my first in Jordan-Hare stadium..

220663[/snapback]

I was in the student section, so it was the end zone that Lionel James scored the winning touchdown into. JHS nearly fell apart that day.

I just thought of another classic that I attended. I think it was the 1986 Iron Bowl. The one where Lawyer Tillman scored the winning touchdown on a reverse with less than a minute left. I spent the weekend in Tuscaloosa :puke: with some friends who went to Bama. They even admitted that Legion Field had never been so loud as when Tillman scored. Even though I hate Tuscaloosa, I had an AWESOME time after that game listening to them whine!

My all time greatest games attended ( don't really count TV land):

1. 05 AU vs Ga - 4th & 12

2. 04 LSU vs. AU - The Catch

3. 97 AU vs LSU - D. Craig 80 yd drive

4. 97 Bama vs. AU - The Kick

5. 96 UGA vs. AU - 5 OT, UGA wins

6. 01 UF vs. AU - Kick into the wind

7. 02 Syracuse vs AU - C. Williams in 2OT

8. 00 AU vs. Bama - ( 9-0 )

9. 02 AU vs. Bama - (17 - 7)

10. 99 AU vs. UGA - Daniels goes crazy

Not a bad list - :big:

Actually, some of the best I've ever seen, we lost...i.e., Van Tiffin, Wrong Way Everybody BUT BO...LSU Firehouse Game...Missed Chippy FG at UF game...BUT...I was at AU for the win over #1 UF on Duval's hooking FG...OT over UGA...multi- Interception comeback game over LS_WHO...31-7 beating of LS_WHO...OT over The Cuse...fun game at Vandy a few years ago...any win over Bamar @ JHS...and on and on and on.... I have season's tickets, so I've seen a bunch of good ones...and some GREAT ones. :D

:au::homer:

There are MANY games I could list. After totally OWNING uat in the '05 IB, They all pail in comparison. This game let 'em know where we stand and where they "stand". :au:

It sets the stge for the future domination of Football in this State for years to come.

Overall game experience - No comparison...'89 Alabama game.

I was fortunate enough to score a seat in the skybox. 50 yard line seats and prime rib at halftime. I could have died after that one and been okay with it. :big:

Also, '04 and '05 Iron Bowls.

I gotta admit, the ticket scoring gods have been looking out for me over the years.

50 yard line seats for both. Sat through the "first half dominance" with the dark pink ones happily reminding me of what was happening. Sometime after the 3rd touchdown pass in the 3rd quarter, they all just sat there staring.

I was fortunate enough to score a seat in the skybox.  50 yard line seats and prime rib at halftime.  I could have died after that one and been okay with it. :big:

Also, '04 and '05 Iron Bowls. 

I gotta admit, the ticket scoring gods have been looking out for me over the years.

50 yard line seats for both.  Sat through the "first half dominance" with the dark pink ones happily reminding me of what was happening.  Sometime after the 3rd touchdown pass in the 3rd quarter, they all just sat there staring.

220717[/snapback]

Thanks Fanatc!!!

I can't believe it took page two for THE game to be mentioned -- the first Iron Bowl at JH. I honestly believe that if I ever see AU win the Nat. Champ. it will still pale in comparison to the 1989 Iron Bowl. I was a senior, UAT was #2 and undefeated. We were #16 or so. When our players came out of the tunnel everyone in the stadium knew it was over. (I have UAT fan friends who thought the same thing--that we were invincible that day). We got behind early (0-10 I think), but you knew it was coming. We won 30-20, and man was Toomer's Corner rocking!

See link if you want another opinion

LINK

I was fortunate enough to score a seat in the skybox. 50 yard line seats and prime rib at halftime. I could have died after that one and been okay with it. :big:

I had bought season tickets just to get "THE TICKET" to that game. It was the first Iron Bowl at JH and you had to be there. My brother was a student at the time and I had graduated in 1983. I had just bought a VHS camcorder and I called the JH information office and they told me any hand held camera was ok. I told the guards the office said it was ok and they let me in. The footage is kind of shakey as we dominated the game. IMHO that was the day that Auburn finally got

out of the shadow of big brother and became an equal.

Best game on TV had to be the second half of the 1984 (1983 season) Sugar Bowl. I missed the first half because my 1st son had been born earlier that day. I was elated about the birth of my son and I thought I had just witnessed Auburn winning a MNC. The voters changed that by moving Miami from #5 to #1 and leaving Auburn at #3. I have been hoping for a playoff since that day

Nothing compares to the MOST FAMOUS BIGGEST HUGEST AU GAME IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE

17-16

PUNT, BAMA,

PUNT

Nothing else before or since, ranks up there with that one. The bamaham cops were gonna have to drag us out of Legion Field that time. Partied late in LF then tore up bamaham. Wow, what a rush.

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

:au: - :cheer:

:ua: - :moon:

The year Florida was #1......A guy named Daniel Cobb replaced somebody named Jason Campbell to beat Florida with a windy/rainy Damon Duval kick.....(wow, how these players changed the very next year).

74 gator bowl. shug's last bowl team. texas was a monster. didnt even want to be in the gator. auburn slaughtered them. like a snapping turtle, didnt let go till it thunded. hook 'em tigers

74 tennessee, the 1st time tennessee came to auburn. i think the yr before was when ut was punting on 1st down in the rain in knoxville? 21

the 83 fsu game mentioned above. probably the apex of the pat dye era.

the tennessee game stan white's fr year. down by 19 to start the 4th. sister kissed pretty damn sweet that night

85, @ ga tech. bo's sr year. BYE BYE BO!

'93 fla. they were supposed to wear auburn out. i think it was 50 to something the year before in g'ville. fla up by 10, down inside auburn's 10, trying to go up by 17 in the 1st and making it look easy. calvin jackson picks a pass and goes 90 something for 6 and it was on like pop pop pop corn all day after that. wasnt it scott etheridge that kicked the winning fg? 38 35 auburn, i believe.

93 alabama. pat nix off the bench. people talk about the shaker "haze" from the 89 game. it was definetly in the house that day too.

94 lsu. pass lsu, pass.

99 @ lsu. 41-7. smoke 'em if you got 'em.

99 @ uga. ronnie daniels slam dunked the goal post @ 28-0. talk about owning a place. the ga folks were ready to fight at half time. the ugliest away crowd i've ever been in.

00 @ ole miss. tommy's 1st trip back. more like a biker rally than a ball game. extra security and pat downs at the gates. auburn rode rudi all the way tothe post.

00, 02, & 04 @ alabama. especially 02. seats in the tide pride section. the home crowd was stunned, to say the least.

05 @ uga. dawgs dont like getting stabbed in the heart.

i hate football on tv. seen a lot of good games, but i still hate football on tv.

Best game on TV had to be the second half of the 1984 (1983 season) Sugar Bowl.  I missed the first half because my 1st son had been born earlier that day.  I was elated about the birth of my son and I thought I had just witnessed Auburn winning a MNC.  The voters changed that by moving Miami from #5 to #1 and leaving Auburn at #3.  I have been hoping for a playoff since that day

220728[/snapback]

:hug: Love you too dad.

Lets see...Best game I've ever attended would have to be the 2000 game against UAT in Tuscalooser. Even though it was cold and raining I didnt care. The only thing that mattered was I was there with my dad, uncle and brother and we shut out UAT 9-0. Man that was great. This wasn't my first AU/UAT game though...that was the year before then they still had Alexander and ran all over our ass and me and my dad sat right next to the damn million peso band. :puke:

Second would have to be the '04 LSU game. I dont think I sat down that whole game.

Best game I've seen on TV would have to be '01 UF vs. AU. I almost went to this game but instead went to gainsville with my dad for one of his car shows. If I could have been able to walk I would have been pacing around the hotel room. ( I had the back of my right ankle burned from the muffler of my dads Cobra) After seeing that kick go through I was elated.

best auburn games in person:

1. '95 bama. my first iron bowl. fat freddie throws it out of the endzone to seal it on 4th down. fantastic.

2. '97 lsu. first trip to baton rouge. dameyune led us back down the field to win it in the 4th. ears rang for hours afterward. so freakin' loud. absolutely the BEST road trip i have ever had.

3. '97 bama. being on the field and in the locker room postgame was a once in a lifetime thing for me. 'hang a star by jaret holmes' name'. :D

best non-auburn games in person:

1. florida state @ louisville, 2002 or 2003 on thursday nite. driving rain storm, UofL wins in OT.

2. lsu @ kentucky, THE BLUEGRASS MIRACLE. i have never seen 69,000 people so shell-shocked leaving a stadium. it was unbelievable.

Nothing compares to the MOST FAMOUS BIGGEST HUGEST AU GAME IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE

17-16

PUNT, BAMA,

PUNT

Nothing else before or since, ranks up there with that one.  The bamaham cops were gonna have to drag us out of Legion Field that time.  Partied late in LF then tore up bamaham.  Wow, what a rush.

:cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:

:au: -  :cheer:

:ua:   -  :moon:

220739[/snapback]

My apologies Oldautiger. The PUNTBAMAPUNT game has to be up there with '89 Iron Bowl. That one was just barely before my time (I was seven). But every game I went to growing up I stood outside of J&M and listened to the radio broadcast.

Archived