Practice updates

c-zoner

There were a couple of highlights at todays practice that I thought I would share with everyone.

First of all, as we all know, Ben Tate is making a impact. He made a juke move today that made Antonio Coleman fall to the ground, in the open field. His vision is great for a freshman and he looks like a senior out there running the ball.

It seems as though all the defensive players like coach Mushchamp. Ive gotten the notion from several players that nobody liked Gibbs, and they were all glad that he was gone. The defense is still learning Muschamps defense, but they are coming along good.

Groves made a one handed interception of a screen pass today in team, he had to make a real athletic move to get it and it was very impressive. Wilhite made a awesome interception in team where he lept way up in the air and got the ball over the reciever, He is going to be very good for us this year.

The offense looked better than the defense today, but that can be expected because of the new defense Muschamp is putting in. It was a pretty good practice, there was alot of intensity towards the end of practice. Im gunna try to post about practices as often as i can and when ever something big happens. War Eagle!

There were a couple of highlights at todays practice that I thought I would share with everyone.

First of all, as we all know, Ben Tate is making a impact.  He made a juke move today that made Antonio Coleman fall to the ground, in the open field.  His vision is great for a freshman and he looks like a senior out there running the ball.

Chill out on Ben Tate, he looked good on that play but nowhere near like a senior on the day.

I've decided that Muschamp's enthusiasm and firey demeanor is rubbing off on the defensive assistant coaches. He was really tearing into guys today and then Terry Price started tearing into guys and then Dunn (not that he doesn't already). It's kinda fun to watch.

First of all, as we all know, Ben Tate is making a impact.  He made a juke move today that made Antonio Coleman fall to the ground, in the open field.  His vision is great for a freshman and he looks like a senior out there running the ball.

Chill out on Ben Tate, he looked good on that play but nowhere near like a senior on the day.

I've decided that Muschamp's enthusiasm and firey demeanor is rubbing off on the defensive assistant coaches. He was really tearing into guys today and then Terry Price started tearing into guys and then Dunn (not that he doesn't already). It's kinda fun to watch.

223789[/snapback]

But you have to admit that Tate doesnt look like a freshman out there

oh I'm excited about him but moreso for next year after he gone through the strength and conditioning program and becomes more explosive-right now I don't see the explovsiveness of a seasoned player-I will say that he has really good vision for a freshman

I read that we're experimenting Groves under some new formations to "confuse opposing offenses"...anyone got the downlo on this? Are we going to stand Groves up every once in a while as a rush LB?

PS: Rivals has a free little 12mb Spring Practice tape that they've put up for public download, it shows little segments of drills and the first scrimmage. Theres one point where Groves is going up against Hart in a DE/OT one on one drill, Groves literally bullrushes Hart and knocks him straight onto his ass.

Quinton had a pick six today when we tryed to run the screen-he is big and athletic enough to do almost anything with-I like Muschamp's idea of keeping the offenses guessing-kinda sounds like Borges philosophy of keeping the defenses guessing

I did see Groves standing up today on a couple defensive plays, I think its very possible that we will see him standing up and blitzing and dropping back into coverage this year. He has the athleticism to play DE or LB, so it will be interesting to see how versitle he is.

I think that the defense will be back to it's old ways....maybe even better, with Coach Will in there at the helm. I like what I have seen so far.

As for Ben....he will be a great replacement for Kenny Irons. Brad Lester and Ben Tate will be all over the place in 2007.

I'm excited so far. It's wayyyyyyyyyy to early, and the frosh have not even spit on the spin turf, but the Tigers look really hungry.

oh man, just imagine what muschamp could have done with Stanley McClover AND Groves at the same time. wow.

Yep. Tuberville is building an awesome football program here at Auburn.. one that I hope doesn't have just a couple of good years on hand.. I think we are here to stay for a while.

It seems as though all the defensive players like coach Mushchamp. Ive gotten the notion from several players that nobody liked Gibbs, and they were all glad that he was gone.

My brother has talked to some guys and says the same thing. He’s heard Muschamp is a very intense coach and Gibbs has a sort of laid back NFL mentality. I think that says a lot about the players. It impresses me that they prefer an in your face type coach over a laid back coach.

Thanks for the updates, c-zoner and Erik.

223905[/snapback]

Your welcome Spain

223905[/snapback]

I agree...Thanks and keep them coming.

...  He’s heard Muschamp is a very intense coach and Gibbs has a sort of laid back NFL mentality. ...

That may explain why Muschamp wanted to come back to the college game, the NFL players probably did not respond as well to his style.

Archived