Florida Loses Another QB

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Dickey decides that his best chance at a pro career is baseball...

Can any of you imagine this happening while Spurrier was the head coach? Are there cracks in the Urban Legend? This leaves them with two scholarship QBs, a senior that is not comfortable with the system and a true freshman that will have the pressure of the world on him from the word go. I assume that Tebow will be in Gainesville for spring training, since he was home schooled. Anyone know for sure if he enrolled early?

Florida's Dickey chooses baseball -- for now

Two sports just too much for Gator

BY DAVID JONES

FLORIDA TODAY

GAINESVILLE - Florida fans will be watching with great interest this spring to see just how well Gavin Dickey can hit a curveball.

It could determine just how big a curve the Gators' football program is about to be thrown.

"Everybody's goal is to go play pro ball," Dickey said. "If the timing's right, that would be an ideal situation."

It depends on whom you're talking to.

Dickey, a backup quarterback and receiver on the football team the past three years, spent last spring splitting time between spring practice and the baseball field.

"It was crazy," Dickey said. "Just physically, on your body, it tears you down. I played 70-something games in baseball, and there's a point where I'd have practice, games, my body was getting worn down. My recovery time, I would just feel really sore the next day and throughout the weekend. I'd feel kind of fresh on Friday and the beginning on Saturday, but after that I was just beat."

No, the visored one just played mental games with his quarterbacks to the point of being downright cruel. Remember Terry Dean?

Archived