UGA Board of Regents Members Gone Wild

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Donald Leeburn, come on down. You're the next contestant on "Date Your School's Gymnastic's Coach and Get Into a Street Brawl"!!!

Regents member Leeburn, neighbor brawl over barking dogs

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published on: 03/08/06

ATHENS  A University System of Georgia Board of Regents member and his neighbor got into a street brawl over their dogs barking that sent the other man to the hospital, authorities said.

Regents member Donald Leeburn Jr., a wealthy liquor distributor and prominent UGA athletics booster, had a fist fight with Mason Lewis Bentley on Saturday. The altercation was witnessed by UGA gymnasitcs coach Suzanne Yoculan, who was accompanying Leeburn.

Bentley, the son of former Athens mayor Upshaw Bentley, was sent to the St. Mary's Hospital emergency room after suffering a broken nose and a punctured and collapsed lung, Oconee County Sheriff Scott Berry said.

Berry said no charges have been filed against neither Bentley or Leeburn.

"Since the parties were separated when the deputy arrived at the scene, the deputy did not actually see anyone fighting, and we have two conflicting stories about how the fight took place, so it's up to one of the parties involved to go apply for a warrant in Magistrate Court if they want charges filed," he said.

As of Tuesday, neither man had petitioned Oconee County Magistrate Court for an arrest warrant against the other.

Leeburn, 68, said Bentley continually attacked him even while he was attempting to leave. But Bentley, 49, said Leeburn called him out into the street and wanted revenge.

A sheriff's deputy found Bentley standing in his driveway "visibly upset" with blood on his face and knuckles, according to the incident report. When an officer arrived, the deputy noted that Bentley smelled of alcohol.

Bentley told the deputy he was standing in his yard playing with his Jack Russell terrier when Leeburn and Yoculan walked by with their two dogs, which prompted all the dogs to bark at each other.

In Bentley's statement, he says tried to pick up his dog but Leeburn shouted at him saying, "Come out here, let's settle this." Then Bentley went to the street to fight, he told the sheriff's deputy.

But Leeburn and Yoculan said that after the dogs started barking, Bentley yelled obscenities at them. Then the two got into an altercation and afterward Bentley threatened to get an AK-47 from his home, Leeburn told the deputy.

Ed Allen, attorney for Bentley, said his client had not asked for a warrant against Leeburn.

"And I'm not inclined to take any action to pursue a warrant," Allen said. "I just consider it an unfortunate incident."

Dude got beat up by a senior citizen.  Good stuff.

223884[/snapback]

Nah, he just received a "lesson" from the older gentleman! :big:

223884[/snapback]

223887[/snapback]

How to be a reckless drunk with no morals?

No, the lesson was that young(er) punks need to understand where they stand in the food chain. You don't go around bowing up around your elders. It shows a lack of respect.

Another lesson is, if you're under 50 and you get your rear end beaten by a 68 year old, it's best to take it like a man and walk away.

223884[/snapback]

223887[/snapback]

How to be a reckless drunk with no morals?

223899[/snapback]

"How to be a reckless drunk with no morals"?

Seems that would be a freshman required class at west vance. :D

If I was 49 and had just gotten beaten up by a 68 year old dude...I would walk away quickley and quitely. How in the world do you let a 68 year old man beat you down???? I know there are some exceptions...but a 68 year old dude fighting...and WINNING???? This definitely doesn't say much for the 49 year old...

Whew this is good stuff, the only thing that could make this better is if Chuck Norris was there.

Whew this is good stuff, the only thing that could make this better is if Chuck Norris was there.

223912[/snapback]

Mr. Norris is omnipresent. :D

Guest Tigrinum Major

223912[/snapback]

Why? So the liquor salesman could kick his butt also?

Regents member Donald Leeburn Jr., a wealthy liquor distributor and prominent UGA athletics booster,(and dates a gymnastics coach and whips a man nineteen years younger than him?)

What we have here gentlemen is a new role model! :lol:

If I was 49 and had just gotten beaten up by a 68 year old dude...I would walk away quickley and quitely. How in the world do you let a 68 year old man beat you down???? I know there are some exceptions...but  a 68 year old dude fighting...and WINNING???? This definitely doesn't say much for the 49 year old...

223910[/snapback]

I have been warning ya'll not to mess with me :big::big:

Archived