10 Draft Picks that won't live up to the hype

Jenny AU-92

The guy is an idiot.

NONE of the guys on that list have ANY hype. Its not like EVERYBODY is talking about Brodie in the same breath as vince, reggie, and matt...Ive barely heard about brodie.

Its REAL easy to say "these guys wont end up as NFL superstars" when NOBODY is predicting them to be stars anyway.

And for him to say or imply that brodie lacks arm strength is LAUGHABLE. Brodie DID win the long ball competition with a 68 yarder. And Ive seen him throw the ball 74 yards before. Yeah Vince threw one 70 and couldnt keep it within the hash marks. Big deal.  Brodie throws long balls without effort. And he has made some amazing throws in his career that required him to put a ton of mustard on it. (see the 84 yard and 30 yard td passes to tyrone in the UF game this year...one was a 50 yd in the air bomb that required touch. the other was a skinny post that he zipped in there)

Brodie has the strongest arm in the draft this year. The guys who worked the senior bowl all said his arm was stronger than Hackney who has a rocket for an arm.

Not saying brodie is going to start for the Pats next year...because he wont...but the guy who wrote this is a joke.

231842[/snapback]

Actually, Ingle Martin probably has the strongest arm in the draft, and from what I have seen and read all the analysist think Cutler has a stronger arm than Croyle.

I don't know what i think, haven't seen Cutler play enough. I have seen Croyle play and he has a very strong arm.

The way i see it....

Matt Leinhart is Rick Mirer or Tom Brady (I'm leaning toward Mirer)

Jay Cutler is Trent Dilfer or Brett Favre (thats pretty good odds to be decent)

Vince Young is Qunicy Carter or Randall Cunningham (definitly leaning towards Carter)

What is the difference between Leinhart and Ken Dorsey? They both played on teams full of NFL talent. They were both great leaders for great teams, but they both have average measurables.

Remember the Rose Bowl where Washington State almost came back and beat Michigan? The QB on the WSU team Ryan Leaf. At the end of the game he displayed amazing moxy, leadership, arm strenght and accuracy. He almost brought them all the way back. I, embrassingly have to admit that after watching the game thought Leaf would be a great NFL quaterback. He was on fire that day.

Now think, same bowl a few years later. Now its Vince Young bringing Texas back against USC. The whole world slobbers all over him for a next few weeks.

Remembering my affection for the biggest bust in NFL history always makes me weary of guys who a) make a big jump on draft boards because of one game and b ) who display questionable ability to think at the speed required in the NFL.

By the way, I still would have picked Manning over Leaf, just wouldv'e thought Leaf would have ended a good NFL QB.

Man, this is ludicrous!!! How can you knock a guy who won 8 Heisman Trophies in only four years (actual 1 1/2 yrs playing time)...it's all beyond me!!!

:blink:

:au::homer:

i didnt think croyle would go to the NFL, he isnt that great.

231992[/snapback]

Its probably another one of those pro bama conspiracies.

They should add Vince to that list... this guy is not gonna live up to the hype at all.  He was only capable of running around and making plays... forget about actually running the actual play.  The thing that should be noted is that hes a running qb who doesn't even have a "Vick" type of speed.  Besides, his throwing motion can be compared to Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite.

231805[/snapback]

"Uncle Rico".. :roflol:

Uncle Rico had to have been a bammer, with his constant reminders about the state playoffs of 1984.

Remember the Rose Bowl where Washington State almost came back and beat Michigan? The QB on the WSU team Ryan Leaf. At the end of the game he displayed amazing moxy, leadership, arm strenght and accuracy. He almost brought them all the way back. I, embrassingly have to admit that after watching the game thought Leaf would be a great NFL quaterback. He was on fire that day.

I still think Leaf has great NFL talent but he just never had it in the head

He never grew up

i'd like to go on record and say what i've shouted at any tv screen i could see for the last two years: REGGIE BUSH IS A PART-TIME BACK! if the texans expect him to be "the man" after they draft him, they're crazy. he's fast, but he's a sissy. there's a reason he was standing next to his coach every single meaningful short yardage situation (or that his qb had the ball with him as an onlooker in the same spots). he can't pound the tackles, and he may not rush for 1000 yards next year as bad as that line is. i'm not even remotely wavering on this. if he turns out great, i look like an idiot, but i don't see gale sayers. i see kijana carter.

as for brodie, he's a career backup. if you want more than that, he'll be a bust. he doesn't have big arm for the nfl (not nearly in the jay cutler arm strength range). he can throw the deep ball, but he struggles with the 15 yard out b/c you can't put air under that. that's the arm strength that matters. he isn't horrible, but he's not a starter either.

i love vince. if michael vick is a winning qb in the nfl, vince young is a star. he's nearly as fast, he's a smarter player (wonderlic be danged), and he's 10X the passer. and i don't see randle cunningham. i see daunte culpepper with faster legs.

i like leinart. he's a winner, and he's easily as strong an arm as drew brees or brad johnson or trent dilfer (two pro bowlers and a super bowl winner). i'd take 'em. and the difference between him and dorsey is a) size, B) strength, c) he's left handed... not that that matters.

Archived