ATTN: Auburn ROTC Alumni and Veterans

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

The Nichols Center (the ROTC building for anyone who graduated after 1986) is erecting a flagpole in the lawn in front of the building this summer. Leading from the building to the pole will be a sidewalk made out of brick pavers that can be engraved with a personal message.

Cost - a C note.

My brother and sister and I chipped in on one for my Dad. We are planning on showing it to him at the Washington State game. My brother and I are also purchasing personal ones.

PM me with an email address for the form, if interested.

Open to all the services, even the Squids.

Sounds quite interesting - I shot ya a PM

Guest Tigrinum Major
Sounds quite interesting - I shot ya a PM

236150[/snapback]

Shot you one back, with my email address.

madelmars, check your PMs also.

TM, the squids will be very silent on this. In a very bitter deal over the Pershing Rifles that goes back quite a while, the NROTC guys will likely bow out of this one.

TM, the squids will be very silent on this. In a very bitter deal over the Pershing Rifles that goes back quite a while, the NROTC guys will likely bow out of this one.

236204[/snapback]

Whats that all about? I never heard of any situation between the two - when did the bad blood start and over what?

Years ago, The Pershing Rifles tried to eliminate our Award Winning Drill Team. They didnt contact us about it. They just tried to get it eliminated from the budget. Well, that caused some bad blood between the units and unfortunately I never did one thing with any other unit while I was at AU. the NROTC kind of got the idea we werent as important in the Army and AF eyes. Since then we just go it on our own. They have tried repeatedly through out the years to get the units together. It may have changed recently but I wouldnt be surprised to see the Navy/USMC to bow out.

Hmm, never knew that. Drill and ceremonies were never my cup of team. I was on the Ranger Challenge team for 4 years, and competed in the Marine ROTC endurance event twice.

Guest Tigrinum Major

You know, the lady mentioned that each service was getting a quota of the bricks and that the Navy probably wouldn't use all of theirs.

Strange, I was there not long after you, David and I never knew any of that stuff that you were talking about happened. The PRs were a bunch of geeks when I was there. No offense if any of you were in PRs, they were probably very cool during your particular era.

Is this being organized by the PRs? I didn't see anything on the flyer relating to that. If it is I could see the lack of interest by the Navy, but if not it deson't seem to make much sense.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Is this being organized by the PRs?  I didn't see anything on the flyer relating to that.  If it is I could see the lack of interest by the Navy, but if not it deson't seem to make much sense.

236286[/snapback]

Not that I know of. From my understanding, it was just the ROTC departments as a whole.

It wasnt PR guys, it was just the whole"you will do as you are told" by the Army and AF types. The Navy and USMC will just go it alone. I might participate, but dont look for a lot of help on this from the Navy and Marines.

Archived