Commercial Appeal Article...

DKW 86

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/sports...4733079,00.html

3. When the Southeastern Conference gathers for its annual spring business meetings this week in Destin, Fla., the league again will set a record for revenue sharing.

MDR has been told that the conference will split $115 million, which is about $4 million to $5 million more than last year.

The one thing that the conference needs to continue to work on is its image as a renegade league that doesn't mind breaking a rule or two or 10 or 20. SEC commissioner Mike Slive has made it his platform since coming into the league several years ago to have a league free of schools on probation.

Slive remains steadfast in his goal. Here's hoping he gets there, but erasing cheating in recruiting is hard. MDR has had a couple of football coaches tell him that one coach currently in the league was turned in by seven different schools (and not all in the SEC) for alleged recruiting violations.

The speculation has been running strong about this for a while now. Please note that the closest school to Memphis is... :om:

Checking the UGA boards...most seem to think it is OM as well

237589[/snapback]

People seem to think O paid Marcus Tillman's family a lot of money...

If, :ua: , :uga: , :lsu: , and :au: All think and hear it is :om: , maybe we all know something?

(I got this off the Crimson Tusks site btw.)

15. Ole Miss  The complete class

The jury has been out from the beginning on whether or not Ed Orgeron could be a good head coach, but no one questioned his recruiting abilities. He came up with two sensational defensive linemen in 340-pound Jerrell Powe and 6-5 end Kentrell Lockett, but Ole Miss desperately needs offensive playmakers, and now. Former Tennessee QB Brent Schaeffer will likely run the show from day one, while 240-pound Cordera Eason will make an instant impact on the running game. Orgeron needs JUCO offensive lineman Aubrey McPhadden to find a starting spot right away.

Star of the class Jerrell Powe DL 6-2 330 Waynesboro, Miss. (Wayne County; Hargrave)

He did come from USC right?

I think one the reasons why this is coming up is because......Ole Miss has more commitments for the '07 Class (12) than anyone else, except for Texas (19).......I'm pretty sure he was doing this at USuCk, because he was the Best Recruiter that Coach Che........er. Carroll had........ Something tells me this will be swept under the rug.......by the NCDoubleA'Holes, mainly because of his Ties with USuCk.... And we all know they are the Favorite Son of the NCAA....... It did seem kinda fishy to me when I was reading some of the Freshmen's reasonings as to why they chose Ole Piss......."Coach O is a Psychopath, bla, bla, bla, $$$".....I know I don't want to play with a Coach that would rather beat me with a baseball bat than to help me figure out why I missed that certain Block. Unless, I was riding up in a Polished '70 GTO Judge........and my parents were, Uh Hmm, living in a Nice House paid for by an Agent (ie Bush).

Many of the people who I think are legit insiders on the UGA board claim Ed O has really, REALLY alienated himself from alumni of the school.

Not sure if that is really true though

Who is the AD that hired him? Is it the same guy that has been trying to get rid of "Reb?" If so, I could see both guys shown the door if things don't go well.

Archived