Apathy?

wesfau

I'm surprised there isn't any talk of Shula's dismissal of Chris Keyes and Travis Robinson (though, I've read the Robinson left of his own accord).

C'mon people, it's the offseason. Let's talk football.

Yeah, Finescum reported at the top of his show about Keys and Robinson. He had Cecil Hurt fro0m the T'town News on live. Robinson left because of injuries but Keys was booted. Finescum speculated that it was drug related. Maybe he was tokin' on doobies with Juwan garth Simpson.

Yeah, Finescum reported at the top of his show about Keys and Robinson. He had Cecil Hurt fro0m the T'town News on live. Robinson left because of injuries but Keys was booted. Finescum speculated that it was drug related. Maybe he was tokin' on doobies with Juwan garth Simpson.

238922[/snapback]

Now wait a minute. I can't believe that you would make such an accusation without any...uh, they found it in his possesion when they arrested him?....

nevermind...... :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Why wouldn't they toke on it? They probably get the discount from Ray Ray Hudson.

So, did Shula kick Keyes off the team so that he can point to his stern disciplinary measures when he lets Simpson off the hook?

So, did Shula kick Keyes off the team so that he can point to his stern disciplinary measures when he lets Simpson off the hook?

238934[/snapback]

Absolutely. Simpson was much more important at this point than Keys.

Now, Juju can start the first game. :rolleyes:

Curious:

How does this affect UAT's academic progress/graduation rate numbers with the NCAA?  Anyone know?

238948[/snapback]

I believe this will hurt somewhat badly. Unless Robinson did leave on his own accord and stays in school and eventually graduates.

I honestly don't remember whether their year in school makes a difference, but Keys was just a Redshirt Freshman. That will hurt in that case.

Shula wouldn't have kicked Keys off the teamunless he felt there was a problem. I'm glad Shula is doing the what's best for the team and reputation of the school. It's a sign that college football is changing for the better.

First off...you guys need to do a little research before you say stuff.

Keys started at UA with a pretty much zero tolerance due to his high school problems. Second, Keys caught a break because he didnt cause any trouble last year...until it was bowl game time. And he was suspended. Then he got in a fight with another teammate who broke Keys' leg for him. (the kid who signed with AU then switched to bama)

And Keys did something recently and got the boot.

And to say losing keys wont hurt is a joke. He played in all 11 games last year and was slated to get some good time in the LB rotation before he got his leg broken. Remember he had 3 years of eligibility left.

Keys started at UA with a pretty much zero tolerance due to his high school problems. Second, Keys caught a break because he didnt cause any trouble last year...until it was bowl game time. And he was suspended. Then he got in a fight with another teammate who broke Keys' leg for him. (the kid who signed with AU then switched to bama)

And to say losing keys wont hurt is a joke. He played in all 11 games last year and was slated to get some good time in the LB rotation before he got his leg broken. Remember he had 3 years of eligibility left.

238965[/snapback]

So, if i'm reading this right BG, he came in under a zero tolerance policy, yet the way I read your statement he got in trouble sometime around the bowl game, then got in a fight at another time in which he suffered a broken leg, THEN did something else just in the last few days and got the boot? That's THREE instances for someone that came in under a zero tolerance policy.... If I'm misinterpreting that, please tell me, but thats the way it sounds. If I'm reading it correctly, it sounds like there are serious disciplinary issues going on at UAT. If he had a ZERO tolerance hanging over him and still got three strikes, that doesn't bode well for the future does it?? Hell, if he got TWO strikes it doesn't bode well. Everybody will be testing the waters, and the result could be chaos....ZERO TOLERANCE means just that....one screw up and you are gone...

Shula wouldn't have kicked Keys off the teamunless he felt there was a problem.  I'm glad Shula is doing the what's best for the team and reputation of the school.  It's a sign that college football is changing for the better.

238955[/snapback]

Now THAT's Funny...I don't care who you are!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

238965[/snapback]

So, if i'm reading this right BG, he came in under a zero tolerance policy, yet the way I read your statement he got in trouble sometime around the bowl game, then got in a fight at another time in which he suffered a broken leg, THEN did something else just in the last few days and got the boot? That's THREE instances for someone that came in under a zero tolerance policy.... If I'm misinterpreting that, please tell me, but thats the way it sounds. If I'm reading it correctly, it sounds like there are serious disciplinary issues going on at UAT. If he had a ZERO tolerance hanging over him and still got three strikes, that doesn't bode well for the future does it?? Hell, if he got TWO strikes it doesn't bode well. Everybody will be testing the waters, and the result could be chaos....ZERO TOLERANCE means just that....one screw up and you are gone...

238968[/snapback]

aupcolatiger-

I think BG meant: almost zero tolerance... it really depends on how much a player can possible help the bammers win games. ;)

238965[/snapback]

238968[/snapback]

Now you have gone and done it! You have used bg's own words to point out the hypocracy @ west vance. Look out! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

238965[/snapback]

238968[/snapback]

Now you have gone and done it! You have used bg's own words to point out the hypocracy @ west vance. Look out! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

239038[/snapback]

Cover me.... :uzi:

The fight wasnt one of those things that was a big deal. Football players on the same team get in fights all the time. And im assuming that since he went the full season without incident he got a punishment but not a fatal one for the bowl game.

Man you are reaaaaaaaaally reaching. All the points i made and thats what you pick on?

I remember how everyone was all excited AL got one of the top 3 safeties in the nation and it was a steal from LSU...but in reality who was a cancer who got kicked out of school in LA and no big schools recruited him...I may be remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it went...just goes to show that going for the best player doesn't alway pan out....

I remember how everyone was all excited AL got one of the top 3 safeties in the nation and it was a steal from LSU...but in reality who was a cancer who got kicked out of school in LA and no big schools recruited him...I may be remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it went...just goes to show that going for the best player doesn't alway pan out....

239545[/snapback]

Big schools did recruit Keys. And he could have been a good player, he just didn't want to be. Good riddance.

Archived