Schaeffer may not have the grades for

DKW 86

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=re...v=tsn&type=lgns

The steamy South Florida summer drags ever so slowly as The Season sits at home in Deerfield Beach, a world away from Oxford, Miss. Months of anticipation soon could give way to a stark realization: It was over before it even started for Ole Miss.

"He's going to be here," says Rebels coach Ed Orgeron.

He better.

You see, He is The Season. He is Brent Schaeffer, the ubertalented quarterback Orgeron has bet the season on. In February, Schaeffer capped Orgeron's remarkable recruiting class by signing with the Rebels after a year in junior college purgatory. On that day, Orgeron named the former Tennessee starter his No. 1 quarterback, and since then, he has physically and mentally built his team around the decision.

Unfortunately, there's one eensy-weensy problem: Schaeffer might not qualify to play this fall.

that would kill  :om: this year!

240393[/snapback]

Actually, I thought it was the NCAA that was going to kill :om: . Although I guess they'll take longer than this season.

I guess this will pop everyone's bubble about how great of a qb he is and how Brent was gonna step and make Ole Miss good again.

WOW...with him outta the way...there's a clear path for John Cougar Mellencamp Jacob Jingleheimershcmidt Sarah Jessica Parker Brian Dennis Carl Wilson Phillips to win the Heisman afterall this year.... :blink:

:au::homer:

Latest word out of Commercial Apeal is this

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/footba...4768721,00.html

Future Ole Miss QB graduates, will head to Oxford this week

Story Tools

E-mail this story | Print By Marlon W. Morgan

Contact

June 12, 2006

OXFORD, Miss. — Barring an injury, Brent Schaeffer will indeed be Ole Miss’s starting quarterback when the Rebels open the 2006 season Sept. 3 at home against Memphis.

Schaeffer told The Commercial Appeal this morning that he learned over the weekend that he passed all of his courses necessary to graduate from The College of Sequioas, the California junior college he was attending. That means Schaeffer, who will be a junior, will be eligible to play for Ole Miss this fall.

Schaeffer had to graduate to play for Ole Miss, and that required him to take a heavy course load during his final semester.

‘‘I had my work cut out for me, but I grinded it out,’’ said Schaeffer, who did not specify what his workload included.

With that behind him, Schaeffer, Ole Miss’s top recruit in a nationally ranked class this year, can turn his attention to returning to the Southeastern Conference. He began his career at Tennessee and played as a true freshman before a season-ending injury. After an off-season suspension stemming from an arrest for misdemeanor assault, Schaeffer transferred to The College of Sequoias.

Last year, he threw for 2,940 yards with 40 touchdowns and just six interceptions, while also rushing for 854 yards and 12 TDs. He chose Ole Miss over North Carolina State and Wisconsin.

Last year, he threw for 2,940 yards with 40 touchdowns and just six interceptions, while also rushing for 854 yards and 12 TDs. He chose Ole Miss over North Carolina State and Wisconsin.

:blink:

I know it's JuCo, but that is still impressive!

:blink:

I know it's JuCo, but that is still impressive!

240567[/snapback]

He can't be smart, he picked the Rebs over the Wolfpack and the Badgers? At least those two schools have done something of merit in the last 20 years.

I think Brent not going to OM would have helped them more in the future.

Brent won't help anything out until they get a full team that has experience and talent on the field.

I doubt he gets OM to a bowl this year and maybe not even next year.

But, if they had started a freshman this year and gone through the blues this and next year, they could be set up for a monster 2008 year

I think Brent not going to OM would have helped them more in the future.

Brent won't help anything out until they get a full team that has experience and talent on the field.

I doubt he gets OM to a bowl this year and maybe not even next year.

But, if they had started a freshman this year and gone through the blues this and next year, they could be set up for a monster 2008 year

240582[/snapback]

Bingo... Who the heck is he going to throw the ball to? Too bad he won't have Noel Mazzone to bring him along. :big:

I fully expect Schaeffer Left and Schaeffer Right for half of their offense. I could not tell you a wr on the team since Flowers left. If you cant throw the ball, and you have to runaway from the entire O-Line being shoved backward 3 feet on every play, the only thing to do is quick pitch to whoever they have running the ball or Qb keepers.

I am betting Schaeffer will be responsible for half the yards rushing on the team in 2006.

I think if Ed O keeps his nose clean and keeps recruiting the way he is....OM could be a contender in 3 years.

Until then, I just don't see them coming close to winning the West for the next 2 years

They are light years behind others in their OL/DL/WR and depth all around

Guest Tigrinum Major
I think if Ed O keeps  cleans his nose clean up and is able to keeps recruiting the way he is....OM could be a contender in 3 years.

Until then, I just don't see them coming close to winning the West for the next 2 years

They are light years behind others in their OL/DL/WR and depth all around

241172[/snapback]

Fixed that for ya.

I think if Ed O keeps his nose clean ...

241172[/snapback]

Yeah, I was going to say before you fixed it, TM: I think that ship has sailed.

But the Big O's recruiting has been impressive, IF he doesn't get caught with his hands in the cookie jar. He and Les Miles both still have to prove to me that they're SEC-caliber coaches over the long haul, however. [And Urban Meyer, too, for that matter--but his past reputation probably gives him a longer grace period with Gator fans.]

I still want to know if it was Ed O who was the coach that the coaches talked to Slive about....

241501[/snapback]

Everything I hear says yes.

His Juco numbers look good, but I really wasn't impressed with him when he was at Tenn. Anyone else have that feeling?

241520[/snapback]

I dont know, he really didnt get a chance at :ut: IMHO. Ainge was the fair haired golden child from the start. I am not impressed by Ainge but he could come back and win them a MNC.

BS just never played enough to ever get in rythym to me.

Schaeffer had his chance at Tenn.. Ainge knew the offense better in practice than Schaeffer. If he hadn't of messed up at Tenn. he would've probably taken the starting job last year.

Archived