Here's your chance

Bottomfeeder

Apparently, the Army has raised the maximum age requirements for Active, Reserve and National Guard duty personnel. So, go for it all you ChickenHawks. The Bush twins are still eligible, and so are the Cheney thingies. How old is Santorum?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/3991394.html

Army raises maximum age again for new recruits

By WILL DUNHAM

Reuters News Service

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Army, aiming to make its recruiting goals amid the Iraq war, raised its maximum enlistment age by another two years Wednesday.

People can now volunteer to serve in the active-duty Army or the part-time Army Reserve and National Guard up to their 42nd birthday, officials said.

ChickenHawk: But uhh, I got a wife and kids to take care of. I got a job and a career to consider.

Servant:Well, so did 2500 others.

Who the hell are you to try to goad folks into signing up for military duty ? Of course, you ignore the fact that many HAVE already done exactly what you attempt to taunt others into what you have no intention of doing yourself. Or maybe you did, but that's still irrelevent. Many have volunteered on their OWN accord, w/ out any childish attempts by the likes of you to question their patriotism. You mock their choice by ridiculing those who have chosen other paths for their own lives. That's about as disingenuous and anti American as it comes.

Well, I guess it's all in how define "American." As for the age limt, I'm above it and veteran, too. Remember? I can't beg my way in. They won't take me. Expert M16A1, 45 Cal, 38 Cal, Grenade Expert, Light Anti-Tank Weapon qualitifed (LAW - to all you civilians), Jungle Training, Air Assault Badge, NBC School, 91 bravo Combat Medic (I think the classification has changed to 91 alpha) and Armament School. And, I can work on the generator if it goes down. Do I want to fight in Bush's war? NO! I'm not in favor of this war, eventhough I believe ol' Dundy acted on the intelligence he was given. But, he can't discern the truth, so he acted in ignorance. That makes a him failed person, headed for disaster.

WMD + Bush = DMVD

Desperate Man Vindictive and Deceived

DMVD

Digital Video Motion Detection (DVMD)

http://www.spytechagency.com/Merchant2/mer...gory_Code=VMD-1

http://spytechagency.com/Merchant2/merchan...egory_Code=BWWL

You have chosen to ignore Bottomfeeder. View this post · Un-ignore Bottomfeeder

If more people saw this message, this forum would be a better place.

Do I want to fight in Bush's war? NO!

Surprise to you, grandpa, but there are many who choose to join up, Bush's war or not. I find it right in line that you'd mockingly post this thread, not in any good faith attempt to promote the military, but to ridicule those whom you deem as less American than yourself. Oh, you've done your time, and now you can't serve, even if you wanted? Gee, tough break. But of course, you'd only want to serve as long as there's no war going on. Which isn't always an option, now is it? But still, many HAVE chose to take that route, regardless. I guess that's why they call it a VOLUNTEER force.

Do I want to fight in Bush's war? NO!

Gee, tough break. But of course, you'd only want to serve as long as there's no war going on. Which isn't always an option, now is it? But still, many HAVE chose to take that route, regardless. I guess that's why they call it a VOLUNTEER force.

242847[/snapback]

You should join up. It's fun! Stop-Loss isn't voluntary, sorry. I kind of always wanted to see combat when I was enlisted. I guess getting shot at on DMZ was as close I would come. It' beats getting axe to death. Maybe they'll raise the age to 48 and I can enter as a old fart. Call it the Old Fart Army, leave the kids at home. Won't to do something and actually doing against my own best judgment are totally different things. If Bush has his twins up enlist I would consider it. And, that Cheney, thingy too, whatever she is. And you too AURaptor, I can see it now ol' Raptor in jungle fatigues. Maybe we could be buddies in basic training. Will you be my buddy AURaptor? Last time, I had a Yankee buddy in basic training, from New Hampshire. Maybe we cold go into the Marines and guard the White House against the phantom terrorists from Miami. LOL! Or, we could toss out Cheney with the trash and get rid of the real terrorist. LOL!

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, etc.

Hey, if all the Libbies want to criticize the common man in the trenches, they need to be the ones signing up...But that would take away the Hypocrite factor with them and they live for that stuff. It is who they are...Too good to serve, but always claiming to be men of the people.

Dont get me wrong, Rush was 4-F but I dont trust anything he says about the military. Newt etc. I dislike anyone that didnt serve at some level. If you never served, how do you have an informed opinion of the military? How do you know what it is like to be at the barracks when the call to mobilize goes out? You dont. You think that soldiers, etc are either cannon fodder or so stupid that they are expendable.

On the other hand as stated before. More Dovish Dems have gotten us into war than any Republican ever has. Teddy R was right walk softly and carry the biggest damn stick in the world and odnt be afraid to use it works with everyone but the terrorists. We are developing the techniques and weapons to handle them even now.

Why would anyone want to join the Army - it's much more fun to criticize our country and our servicemen from behind a keyboard. We could sit back and criticize decisions people made years ago, and act like you had it all figured out. Simple things like seeing a whole country fold in days and having the logisitcs all figured out. Things like setting up a new goverment while fighting an insurgancy is no problem when compared to high speed stuff like working on a generator or NBC school right?

Go ahead - keepi whining and moaning, keep demanding an immediate pull out - give those insurgants "locker room material" while attempting to erode our nations resolve. Heck, I think there was another fun person who did the same thing a few generations ago named Hanoi Jane.

242841[/snapback]

:lol: That is what mine has said for along time now. Every now and then, when I feel like a good laugh, I go ahead and click the button to read the post.

Or, we could toss out Cheney with the trash and get rid of the real terrorist. LOL!

There's so much wrong w/ that sentence, I don't know where to begin. How anyone get so deluded that they would rather vilify the VP instead of the Islamo-fascist who cut heads off of children or blow up cars in crowded markets......The real terrorist ? You're and Michael Moore can go **** yourselves.

242841[/snapback]

:lol: That is what mine has said for along time now. Every now and then, when I feel like a good laugh, I go ahead and click the button to read the post.

243039[/snapback]

For some reason, the Ignore feature doesn't always work, and I'm subjected to his posts. This quote of his: "I can't beg my way back in" ... ... ... is unintentionally hilarious (on his part) when you think about which of the two parties involved, US Army or bottomfeeder, is more happier about that development. :lol:

I dislike anyone that didnt serve at some level.

Then you dislike a heck of a lot of people. What branch was Christ in, btw?

If you never served, how do you have an informed opinion of the military?

243028[/snapback]

Don't piss former Sec. of Defense and current President Dick Cheney off or he just might shoot you in the face!

(DKW 86 @ Jun 24 2006, 06:07 AM)

Lord's Army, "Not afraid to fight. Soldiers of righteousness. Children of the Light."

JC is the Lord of Hosts (warriors.) JC is the one on the THE White Horse, eyes like coals, with the sash, etc... :big:

Don't piss former Sec. of Defense and current President Dick Cheney off or he just might shoot you in the face!

Tex, you are pissy even when someone agrees with you. I just said I didnt like Rush either for not serving, etc. If you didnt serve, you just dont understand. If my son has to go fight, I want the guy that had to say goodbye to his wife and kids a couple of dozen times and the guy who watched his buds die cutting the orders.

For the record, I commended Kerry several times. I still think he has a problem or we would release his records tho. McCain? Go for it.

Lord's Army, "Not afraid to fight. Soldiers of righteousness. Children of the Light."

JC is the Lord of Hosts (warriors.) JC is the one on the THE White Horse, eyes like coals, with the sash, etc... :big:

Tex, you are pissy even when someone agrees with you. I just said I didnt like Rush either for not serving, etc. If you didnt serve, you just dont understand. If my son has to go fight, I want the guy that had to say goodbye to his wife and kids a couple of dozen times and the guy who watched his buds die cutting the orders.

For the record, I commended Kerry several times. I still think he has a problem or we would release his records tho. McCain? Go for it.

243077[/snapback]

And you're pissy when somebody jokes with you.

:poke::moon:

You know TT, I have noticed hear lately that your reponse to somebody you don't agree with is to throw up their Christian faith in their face. Your last little remark was so silly, that I am starting to wonder if you are losing your ability to intelligent debate. To me, to what you have been doing is a sign of desperation in a debate. I am like David, I don't care much for those that have an opinion about the military if they have never served. They have no clue about things pertaining to the miliary life. In a perfect world, I would prefer that anybody that gives any type of orders had served in the military, but sometimes we just don't work out that way. There have been times I question Rumsfield, but the good thing about his job is that he is surrounded by military men and women who help him make his decisions. It is not like Rumsfield is make all the decisions by himself.

Your last little remark was so silly, that I am starting to wonder if you are losing your ability to intelligent debate.

243086[/snapback]

I'm sure you must find comfort in the fact that you can't lose what you never had. ;)

243077[/snapback]

I could be mistakened, but wasn't Christ the one who replaced the ear of the soldier. Christ knew that "...our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." And, not aganinst each other. No Christian should participate in war, period.

"Live by the sword, die by the sword."

So it is your contention that King David was evil?

That Samson was evil?

That Christian men should never defend their families?

How do we war against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world?

Stopping Adolf Hitler was wrong?

Watching 800,000 die in Rwanda was okay? We werent supposed to defend the helpless?

Those who are supposed to fight for Israel in the end times are supposed to fly in on the "Wings of Eagles." I know a lot of Christians that say that since trhe Eagle is our national bird that we are supposed to defend Israel. The Bible says to those dealing with Israel, "I will bless those that bless thee, I will curse those that curse thee."

BF, you are truly a good Democrat. You cant see even defending the poor, the helpless, your own family? Is your last name Dukakis btw?

... If you didnt serve, you just dont understand. ...

Let me interject a point in here. David, I completely understand your point of view. However, it doesn't necessarily mean those that didn't serve can'tunderstand. I'll point to the commander in chiefs during our 3 greatest wars ever: Lincoln, Wilson & Rooseveldt. Not one of them was ever in the regular army or navy and they seemed to do all right.

On the other hand, just because you have served doesn't mean you are free from crticism. Your actions will & should be scrutinized despite your obvious service time: eg. Timothy McVeigh, Duke Cunningham, John Kerry, Benedict Arnold.

... If you didnt serve, you just dont understand. ...

Let me interject a point in here. David, I completely understand your point of view. However, it doesn't necessarily mean those that didn't serve can'tunderstand. I'll point to the commander in chiefs during our 3 greatest wars ever: Lincoln, Wilson & Rooseveldt. Not one of them was ever in the regular army or navy and they seemed to do all right.

On the other hand, just because you have served doesn't mean you are free from crticism. Your actions will & should be scrutinized despite your obvious service time: eg. Timothy McVeigh, Duke Cunningham, John Kerry, Benedict Arnold.

243190[/snapback]

Actually, Lincoln was a captain in the Illinois militia and fought in the Blackhawk Wars. He was somewhat inept starting out as he was disciplined on a few occasions for stupid stuff.

FDR served as the Assistant Secretary of the Navy during the Wilson administration and did quite well in that position. Even during his early years he favored military expansion as he pushed for the Navy to be enlarged.

Why would anyone want to join the Army - it's much more fun to criticize our country and our servicemen from behind a keyboard.  We could sit back and criticize decisions people made years ago, and act like you had it all figured out.  Simple things like seeing a whole country fold in days and having the logisitcs all figured out.  Things like setting up a new goverment while fighting an insurgancy is no problem when compared to high speed stuff like working on a generator or NBC school right?

Go ahead - keepi whining and moaning, keep demanding an immediate pull out - give those insurgants "locker room material" while attempting to erode our nations resolve.  Heck, I think there was another fun person who did the same thing a few generations ago named Hanoi Jane.

243038[/snapback]

Whoa, wait a minute. I was an infantry medic. HHC 3rd Brigade, 3/187th Infantry, Ft. Campbell, Ky. Rakkasan. Medic for Bravo Company 3/187th Infantry, 19 months. 2nd ID South Korea, 12 months. 3 year hitch total. The generator repair would be an addition to my previous MOS, good for field hospitals. NBC and Armament schools were additional training classes. Although, I served in the 80s, field training with the infantry was tough and required medics do everything the infantry did, plus take care the platoon. I carried 2 aid bags loaded (IVs, gauze, scissors, hemostats, sutures, etc.) , M16A1, .45 cal, and a full rucksack . I only weighed about 175 lbs. unloaded. Those steel pots w/inner liner we had weighed enough. Then if it rained, well, you get the picture. Poncho over everything, in the middle of thunderstorm, back to back with another soldier in 3 inches of water, asleep. Wake-up, MRE for Breakfast, to 15 mile road march. Fun stuff, you ought to try it. We had alerts just about every month in the 101st. Korea, about every 2 months maybe with intermittent continuing electricity blackouts. Heck, that's was 20 years ago or so.

Veteran, U.S. Army Combat Medic 101st Airborne Division, 3rd Brigade 187th Infantry "War Eagle"187thARCT.jpg187in.gif

Today, the 187th serves in the War Eagle Brigade of the 101st Airborne Division, the nation's all-purpose air assault division and lead element of the Strategic Rapid Deployment Ready Force.

Hamburger Hill

When B Company was released from standby status it would be combat-assaulted into LZ 2 and then proceed to the southwest to a ridgeline running from Hill 937.

On the other hand, just because you have served doesn't mean you are free from crticism.  Your actions will & should be scrutinized despite your obvious service time:  eg. Timothy McVeigh, Duke Cunningham, John Kerry, Benedict Arnold.

243190[/snapback]

Bingo! Well said!

I'll add to the list Max Cleland and John Murtha. These guys shouldn't expect to be immune from criticism because they served. They shouldn't use their service time as a shield from scrutiny either.

On the other hand, just because you have served doesn't mean you are free from crticism.  Your actions will & should be scrutinized despite your obvious service time:  eg. Timothy McVeigh, Duke Cunningham, John Kerry, Benedict Arnold.

243190[/snapback]

Bingo! Well said!

I'll add to the list Max Cleland and John Murtha. These guys shouldn't expect to be immune from criticism because they served. They shouldn't use their service time as a shield from scrutiny either.

243290[/snapback]

I'll add Tiger in Spain, Liger and Rumsfeld. :lol::moon:

Criticize me all you want, hippie. I'm man enough to take it. As a matter of fact I revel in the thought that blowhards like you dislike me. It means I stand for something.

One thing I will never do is act like Kerry and Murtha and hide behind my service. So, you may fire when ready. Expect it to be returned to you broadside though.

Criticize me all you want, hippie. I'm man enough to take it. As a matter of fact I revel in the thought that blowhards like you dislike me. It means I stand for something.

One thing I will never do is act like Kerry and Murtha and hide behind my service. So, you may fire when ready. Expect it to be returned to you broadside though.

243304[/snapback]

Hippie? :roflol::roflol:

You hide behind your service often.

Archived