Nebraska - Tennessee set to matchup

WarTiger

This is cool....

Link

Nebraska, Tennessee agree to home-and-home series

Associated Press

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Nebraska and Tennessee have agreed to a home-and-home football series for 2016 and 2017, the schools announced Thursday.

The Volunteers will visit Lincoln on Sept. 10, 2016, and the Cornhuskers will play in Knoxville on Sept. 9, 2017.

"The University of Tennessee and the University of Nebraska share rich football histories with great coaches, players and fans," Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton said. "Knoxville and Lincoln are two of the great college towns and I know our respective fans and teams will look forward to these games with great anticipation."

The teams have played twice with Nebraska winning both times. They met in the Orange Bowl at the end of the 1997 season and in the Fiesta Bowl to cap the 1999 season.

"This is a series that is great for college football and one that I know I will be anticipating," Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson said.

Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer lost both of those bowl games against Nebraska.

"I have followed the history of the University of Nebraska since my playing days. Coach [bob] Devaney and Coach [Tom] Osborne, those were two individuals I followed during my early coaching years at Wichita State and since I have been here at Tennessee," Fulmer said.

Archived