Corollary to Buffett Thread

DKW 86

Name a Govt Agency that is Run Correctly. Site specifics. Site the income, outgo and where the money finally ends up. Show us the money and impact on the American People.

Show us a govt agency where even 70% of the money given to it actually ends up in the hands of those it is supposed to help.

For instance. Food stamps. It takes 70 cents out of every dollar just to administer. Show us one govt agency where you thuinkyou are getting your money's worth.

Has there ever been one ran correctly in the history of the country? I can't think of one. I can sure think of one that is not...the VA. Sad thing is that I go to DC every so often to lobby for more money and veterans benefits, which goes into the VA, but what choice do I have as a veteran?

Guys, I get to speak occasionally. I have asked this question even before some of the most liberal folks you will ever know. I have NEVER gotten one reply to it. NEVER! Even the most Lib folks in the world admit our govt is completely, utterly, clueless.

Be careful! If you're questioning the Pentagon or implying that the U.S. military is run inefficiently, you may give "aid and comfort" to our enemies by raising their morale. I'd hate to see you hauled off for treason and have this board collapse! :rolleyes:

Seriously, however, certainly there is inefficiency and waste in government. [Of course, there is waste and inefficiency in the private sector as well.] We should demand our elected officials fix things that are wrong rather than worrying about their re-election, or rallying their base with meaningless gestures that are doomed to fail, or grandstanding on issues that have no constructive impact on the functioning of government. If not, we should elect new officials.

I don't imagine there is a single person who doesn't think at least one government agency is run inefficiently. On the other hand, I don't think there is a single person who doesn't agree that the government must have some money and perform some key roles. Unless someone wants to seriously suggest we shut down government and eliminate all public funds, then we're just arguing over dollar amounts.

Who said anything about the military? I guess one could call them a goverment agency, but I don't look at it that way. The military is only inefficient when government pencil necks and politicians, like crazy democratic senators, get in the way of progress. If the military was left to run itself, it would probably be the best run department of the government.

Who said anything about the military? I guess one could call them a goverment agency, but I don't look at it that way. The military is only inefficient when government pencil necks and politicians, like crazy democratic senators, get in the way of progress. If the military was left to run itself, it would probably be the best run department of the government.

243971[/snapback]

If Congress would do less oversight on day-to-day and more on big budget items, the military would be ruthlessly well run. I know some non-coms that can do anything with nothing, if the micro-managing congress would just get out of the way.

Our government sucks, as do all corrupt organizations. :P Some would say that being anti-state is anti-American. I disagree. Government small enough to crush it if you have to. That's exactly the meaning of the Norquist's view on government.

"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub."

Grover Glenn Norquist

The main object, regardless of the department, is fleece the American people and to ensure the social hierarchy.

There are many models of power distributions, also known as "forms of government". Most real governments exhibit properties of multiple forms. Common forms are:

Autocracy: One individual retains complete and absolute power over others. This is also known as despotism.

Monarchism: A king or queen has ultimate control over the distribution of power, but does share it with other individuals. Power is usually transmitted by heredity— in the primogeniture system, for example, the eldest son of a king will ascend to that position when the current king dies or resigns.

Oligarchy: Political power is vested in a few individuals, who usually pass power by a hereditary system.

Republic: Voting citizens have ultimate political power, and elect representatives who propose, make, and enforce laws. Also known as representative democracy.

Democracy: Citizens directly vote in lawmaking. In contrast to representative democracy, this is sometimes known as a direct democracy.

Anarchy: A system where codified law is agreed upon by consensus, and no individual has power over another. While some think this is the natural state of man, others believe such a system to be unstable.

Ochlocracy: What some argue to be the end product of an unstable anarchic lawless system, a system known as "rule by organized crime". Such a system emerges when powerful gang-like organizations arrogate power and develop a semi-legitimate status.

So which one are we?

Guys, I get to speak occasionally. I have asked this question even before some of the most liberal folks you will ever know. I have NEVER gotten one reply to it. NEVER! Even the most Lib folks in the world admit our govt is completely, utterly, clueless.

243922[/snapback]

Well... I think it's kinda unfair to blame liberals when the GOP controls the Presidency, the Congress, and the judiciary.

What this tells us is that labels aren't always indicitive of the party. Conservatism doesn't neccessarily equal fiscal responsibility these days.

I think this whole thread has become a little classless. The pictures shouldn't have been on here in the first place, then the response was just as bad. It goes to prove my thoery that the current political climate only serves to bring out the worst in us.

I think this whole thread has become a little classless. The pictures shouldn't have been on here in the first place, then the response was just as bad. It goes to prove my thoery that the current political climate only serves to bring out the worst in us.

244129[/snapback]

Agreed. I'm cleaning up this thread. The pictures here are too gruesome for young eyes that sometimes come here.

Get back to the topic about the efficiency (or lack thereof) of gov't agencies and take the other stuff to PM if you want to one up each other with morbid photos.

244129[/snapback]

Agreed. I'm cleaning up this thread. The pictures here are too gruesome for young eyes that sometimes come here.

Get back to the topic about the efficiency (or lack thereof) of gov't agencies and take the other stuff to PM if you want to one up each other with morbid photos.

244141[/snapback]

Thanks, Titan & sogaaufan. Exactly what I was thinking...

Archived