Bamamags Losing Interest in Story

DKW 86

http://mb28.scout.com/falabamafans48326frm...ID=100052.topic

Re: Bammers losing interest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tempting as it is to pile on......................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wolk up this morning, read some of the articles and saw both the "spin machine" (won't mention names..........Phat Phil at the auburn times) and more critical and damaging commentary (Professor Starr's comments). The urge was to link and comment on each article.

Then the coffee hit bottom and cleared the cobwebs.I decided to go a different route. I'm going to just sit back and watch this all unfold. No piling on, no gloating. What happens will happen, good, bad or indifferent. This mess was self created on the plains, no Bama conspiracy, no Bama setup, and not Bama fueled.

Bama has bigger fish to fry than waiting around for auburn to implode. We have an OL to develop, a QB to groom, a defense to remold and special teams to fine tune.

I'll probably have an occassional comment on the situation, but rather than let this story get me ratcheted up, I'll just quietly observe.I'll take a different tack than fans like skeleton man down the road. Whats going on down on the plains is their problem.Others are free (as usual) to fire away at auburn. Its understable given the steady stream of schatt directed our way the last few years.

Are you ready for some football?

Edited by: 101BamaMike at: 7/15/06 6:36:48 am

PC Bama

'Bama All-Star

(7/15/06 6:29:05 am )

Dirty deeds , done dirt cheap

Dirty deeds and they're done with sheep .

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo AgEwe

donny

'Bama All-Star

(7/15/06 6:32:17 am )

Re: Dirty deeds , done dirt cheap

amen Mike

PhiBammerSlammer

'Bama Junior Varsity

(7/15/06 7:10:36 am )

I will not gloat....

untill Bama beats au on the field, I could care less about au's academic issues, thats their problem.

I would love to see more threads about the upcoming preseason practices and games.

We do have a score to settle with the rainbows.

bamarog

'Bama Junior Varsity

(7/15/06 7:11:38 am )

Re: Tempting as it is to pile on......................

Goober pile

mek95

'Bama Veteran

(7/15/06 7:15:59 am )

I had more questions than feelings of resentment-

some of those questions have been answered-some not. But after 2 days I'm ready for something more substantial than talking about little sister. Come on, BamaMag-give us some good stuff! RTR

BAMAPERRYs

'Bama Varsity

(7/15/06 7:32:11 am )

Dirty deeds done with sheep

clip.break.com/dnet/media/content/dirty_deeds_done_with_sheep.wmv

BAMAPERRYs

'Bama Varsity

(7/15/06 7:35:02 am )

Gotta agree Mike

The whole Nation saw what da barn was about yesterday, no matter how they spin it. Even the University of Nevada fans were jumping on them! And Shag Nasty was taking up for them, that speaks volumes. Let them rot in their own cow dung. RTR!

When PC Bama is giving in, that means that the story is totally dead.

I don't know if I'd call it spin like they are. More like facts of the situation coming out that were not originally in the first article. The more I read the more I see a disgruntled prof that isn't liked that is pissed he got passed over, who is about to retire, and decided he take a swing at the guy cause he has nothing to lose.

Why do people always assume that when rebuttals come out, they are "spin jobs?" Why can't it be the other way around, where the original article was written with an agenda. That seems BLATANTLY obvious to me in this case.

Why do people always assume that when rebuttals come out, they are "spin jobs?" Why can't it be the other way around, where the original article was written with an agenda. That seems BLATANTLY obvious to me in this case.

248184[/snapback]

I thought the same thing yesterday listening to Herb "The Turd" Winches and Ray Melick on WJOX. I flipped over to Finebaum just long enough to hear a caller say "...Auburn's spinning it.." switch! No one in the media has come close to admitting that there may be some truth to the things coming out of Auburn. But that doesn't sell ads and rags in Bamaham. Kelly Hunter was the only one acting like this is no big deal...but that is usually her MO about most things.

Well I think it was a nice gesture! Honestly though, I don't think too many schools will be calling us out on this because I'm sure their athletes, and even regular students take some really easy classes, which some might even sign up for certain professors and help those professors get tenure, so I doubt we will see much pointing and laughing from other schools..............at least I hope not!

But for the record I think this is being blown out of proportion and probably doesn't involve any wrong doing.

Archived