1. 1. Who will win SEC West

• Alabama
    • Arkansas
    • Auburn
    • LSU
    • MSU
    • Ole Miss

Please give reasons...

I think that Auburn's schedule is going to work very well for them. I dont see us going undefeated at all, but we will be close and that will win us at least a share of the SEC West for the 6 of the last 7 years.

Pluses: 5 of the Top 7 Tackle Leaders return on D, Borges has his first second year starting backfield returning.

Minuses: A new DC will cost us a game somewhere because of the problems with communications. That is a reasonable norm I think.

Call me a :homer: . AUBURN is my pick.

I think Auburn and LSU are the ones to beat in the West. They both have their questions with the departures of great players. Auburn's schedule works out better for them than LSU. I think LSU has the toughest schedule in the West with road games at Auburn (may decide who goes to ATL), UF, UT and Arky. Arky will not win the West, but very well could have a say in who does.

I think that Auburn's schedule is going to work very well for them. I don’t see us going undefeated at all, but we will be close and that will win us at least a share of the SEC West for the 6 of the last 7 years.

David hit the nail on the head, Short answer, Auburn wins the west we have a lot of talent returning on both sides of the ball. However the key is LSU comes to Jordan-Hare, having LSU at home will be our leg up in the west. I would love to see us go undefeated but it will be really really tough. :au:

Auburn; veteran team (How many years will Courtney Taylor and Karibi Dede be here?) gets their toughest games at home. If we beat LSU and split Florida/Georgia, the one loss in the conference standings can beat anything LSU throws our way for the rest of the season.

We win because our toughest games are at home, with little exception, and we have a stable qb situation. We own Bamar in JHW...so we get by LS-WHO at home...we win.

I picked LSU last year. I am picking AU this year.

I think LSU's losses on both lines are going to hurt them quite a bit AND I don't think Alley is going to be near his own self after just a year. Miles has a QB problem with 2 QB's who want to start and RP who will want to start.

AU has the schedule to win it.

LSU game is at home and the home team hasn't lost since 1999. Comparing Auburn to everybody else in the West and right now AU is better but only slightly better than LSU. If Auburn beats LSU at home then the next really pivitol game will be Florida and that is at home too. Cox being the steady hand at qb and Irons being the workhorse at runningback with the defense being up to Auburn standards this team could be a good one.

I find it funny that the every team has at least 1 vote to win the west except for LSU which i believe is the 2nd best team this year.

I find it funny that the every team has at least 1 vote to win the west except for LSU which i believe is the 2nd best team this year.

251071[/snapback]

Where's LSUScott when you need him?

251071[/snapback]

Happy now?

251071[/snapback]

I think it's between AU and LSU but I pick AU because they play LSU at home, LSU lost a lot on both lines and I'm not completely sold on Miles.

I picked AU.

Favorable schedule. Buttload of talent returning.

251009[/snapback]

Isn't that, "BOATload" of talent? :lol:

:au::homer:

I picked AU.

Favorable schedule. Buttload of talent returning.

251009[/snapback]

Isn't that, "BOATload" of talent? :lol:

:au::homer:

251088[/snapback]

Nah...im stickin with butt

He's a butt man. ;)

I picked AU. I think it's LSU and AU fighting it out and our schedule gives us the edge with LSU, Florida, Arkansas and Georgia all at home.

I picked Alabama, because they are, well... Alabama. With 25+ National Championships, this year will be a cake walk.

I really picked AU. :thumbsup:

I like Muschamp and Borges will have returning starters at the key skill positions.

I also think that the interesting jockeying for position will be for the runner-up spot. I think that the :arky: my upset the apple cart a bit. Pulling for an upset for the Hogs over SC in the opener. :cheer:

Archived