They're screwing-up again

Bottomfeeder

This #### is out of control, now.

A few days ago, the UK Times published an article titled "Baghdad Starts to Collapse as Its People Flee a Life of Death." The author, James Hider, offered a glimpse of life within a civil war. "I returned to Baghdad on Monday after a break of several months," wrote Hider, "during which I too was guilty of glazing over every time I read another story of Iraqi violence. But two nights on the telephone, listening to my lost and frightened Iraqi staff facing death at any moment, persuaded me that Baghdad is now verging on total collapse.

"Ali phoned me on Tuesday night, about 10:30 p.m.," continued Hider. "There were cars full of gunmen prowling his mixed neighbourhood, he said. He and his neighbours were frantically exchanging information, trying to identify the gunmen. Were they the Mahdi Army, the Shia militia blamed for drilling holes in their victims' eyes and limbs before executing them by the dozen? Or were they Sunni insurgents hunting down Shias to avenge last Sunday's massacre, when Shia gunmen rampaged through an area called Jihad, pulling people from their cars and homes and shooting them in the streets?"

On the same day as Hider's article was published, Reuters came out with a similar report titled "Guns Galore as Anarchy Stalks Baghdad." The author, Miriam Karouny, describes a society that is arming itself to the teeth to try to avoid the daily massacres in the streets. "In Baghdad," reported Karouny, "it can seem everyone these days is armed, a mark of violence that is ever more anarchic and prompting efforts by the government, U.S. military, and even militia leaders, to curb rogue gunmen, especially among majority Shi'ites, who threaten what the prime minister has called the 'last chance' for peace. Some observers fear that a third, even more intractable, phase of the conflict has been reached, beyond insurgency and beyond even combat between organized armed groups: 'What we're now seeing has no shape whatever,' a Western diplomat said. 'It's just everyone fighting everyone. Anarchy.'"

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/071906J.shtml

Nothing sells in print media like chaos, panic and fear. Except for bloodshed.

Maybe he'll be up for a Pulitzer. ;)

Oh, wait... did he reveal any US secrets ? That would cinch it for him. <_<

Come on AURaptor, everyone knows it's screwed up. We get what we paid for, and that is a war on the cheap. Moreover, Republicans that voted in this neoconservative agenda, not conservatives, are getting what they voted for. <_< Unlimited war and spending. :o Not good for the conservative movenment.

Is the Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani pulling out of Iraq?

ANALYSIS-Gloom descends on Iraqi leaders as civil war looms

21 Jul 2006 13:02:08 GMT

Source: Reuters

By Mariam Karouny

BAGHDAD, July 21 (Reuters) - Iraqi leaders have all but given up on holding the country together and, just two months after forming a national unity government, talk in private of "black days" of civil war ahead.

Signalling a dramatic abandonment of the U.S.-backed project for Iraq, there is even talk among them of pre-empting the worst bloodshed by agreeing to an east-west division of Baghdad into Shi'ite and Sunni Muslim zones, senior officials told Reuters.

Tens of thousands have already fled homes on either side.

"Iraq as a political project is finished," one senior government official said -- anonymously because the coalition under Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki remains committed in public to the U.S.-sponsored constitution that preserves Iraq's unity.

One highly placed source even spoke of busying himself on government projects, despite a sense of their futility, only as a way to fight his growing depression over his nation's future.

"The parties have moved to Plan B," the senior official said, saying Sunni, ethnic Kurdish and majority Shi'ite blocs were looking at ways to divide power and resources and to solve the conundrum of Baghdad's mixed population of seven million.

"There is serious talk of Baghdad being divided into east and west," he said. "We are extremely worried."

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L21908240.htm

http://today.reuters.com/tv/videoChannel.a...=FEEDROOM150697

If this doesn't work out, then the USA should pull ALL its troops back from all across the world...S.Korea, Japan, Germany, etc....and just give up anything beyond our borders.

I agree 100%.

251020[/snapback]

That's what makes you seem so nuts. You just don't understand that our world is, and always will be, one that is governed by the aggressive use of force. Either you kick the bad guys' ass, or they'll kick yours. Human nature. Get over yourself and you anarchist tendencies.

Thus, we arrive at the crux again. Human nature is to sin, but Godly nature is to love. However, the differences are revealed through man's failure to reach God, i.e. religion. That's the problem, man-made religion. Spirituality or a relationship with God the Father through Christ, whereas, one's security lies there instead of the world, enables some to rest in eternal peace whether alive or dead. I would much rather be in the presence of God, than here witnessing the destruction of God's creation. Kill each other if you wish, but God....

The world's system has taught us from a very early age that we are what we do. We have also learned that we must do each of these things well if we want to be successful or be accepted by others. When our security is based on success and the opinions of others, however, we become dependent on our ability to perform and please others. Our self-esteem is high as long as everything is going well. But let something go wrong or someone speak poorly of us or our work, we feel like a failure or rejected. We are living our lives by this equation:

SELF-WORTH = OPINIONS OF OTHERS + PERFORMANCE

The truth is that we don't have to be successful or pleasing to others to have a healthy self-esteem. Our worth has already been freely and conclusively given to us by God. There is nothing, including failure or the disapproval of others, that can take it away. So, who I am (my person or being) is more than the sum total of what I do (my performance). The truth is:

SELF-WORTH = WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT ME!

I agree 100%.

251020[/snapback]

So, Pat Buchanan is your hero?

Everyone is always giving Bottomfeeder such a hard time about everything and I don't understand it. So he is against military conflict and seems to have liberal beliefs about alot of things, so what. The man is stating his opinion just like the rest of us. I may not always agree with him as noone agrees with anyone all the time, but I try to show respect for his beliefs. In some ways he is right to say that war destroys God's creation and thus he is against war. What's wrong with that statement? Man is not the end all, be all of the universe. We are supposed to be living our lives for a greater purpose than ourselves and serving our creator.

Man is not the end all, be all of the universe.

I don't believe I ever made such a claim. Nor have I ever made any affirmation that I agree with such a notion.

Just so you know.

I just read alot of putdowns about this Bottomfeeder guy all the time. I don't know him, but I believe everyone should have a say on this board without being totally dogged all the time.

I just read alot of putdowns about this Bottomfeeder guy all the time.  I don't know him, but I believe everyone should have a say on this board without being totally dogged all the time.

251516[/snapback]

Hey, I agreed w/ BF.

Once

Archived