NEW COMMITT!!!!!!!!!!

tombigbeetiger

This gives us three of the state's Top 11 according to The Huntsville Times and we are still in the hunt for five of the undecideds. Way to go coaches.

I'm assuming this is the kid in question, if the rumors are true:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&am...amp;nid=2358855

4-star CB from Mobile, 5-11, 185, 4.48

It is true! :) But the links are all premium stuff right now....

:au::homer:

This was a major blow for Auburn. Many many folks in the state said we lose the in state recruiting battle badly this year. They were VERY vocal about Auburn being shut out of Mobile after losing Coach Joe Whitt.

This is BIG TIME good news...

This was a major blow for Auburn. Many many folks in the state said we lose the in state recruiting battle badly this year. They were VERY vocal about Auburn being shut out of Mobile after losing Coach Joe Whitt.

This is BIG TIME good news...

I think Coach Willis is doing a great job recruiting in that area. I look for him to land Michael McNeil as well. Here is his profile.

Link

Great job, Coaches!!! :)

:au::homer:

William write up

Williams commits to Auburn

B.C. Rain defensive back picks Tigers over Tide

Friday, August 11, 2006

By MIKE HERNDON

Sports Reporter

Another top Mobile college football prospect has committed to his school of choice, as B.C. Rain defensive back Ryan Williams has informed Auburn coaches that he plans to go to the Plains.

Williams, a 5-foot-11, 185-pounder who ran a 4.37-second 40-yard dash at two different combines over the summer, selected the Tigers over Alabama. He said he still plans to take several official visits to other schools, including Florida, West Virginia, South Carolina and Clemson, but he does not plan to visit Alabama again. He termed his commitment as "pretty solid."

"Auburn has everything I want," Williams said. "I just had a great feeling when I was at the school. The players greeted me immediately and that's not something you see all the time. I just think if I go to Auburn, I'll play early."

Williams, who is qualified academically, is listed as the No. 10 prospect in the state in the Press-Register's Elite 18 and No. 112 on the Super Southeast 120. He played both ways for the Red Raiders last season, making 50 tackles and three interceptions on defense as a junior and catching 15 passes for 392 yards and two scores.

"I think (Auburn) knew with the speed he has, he could come in and help the team right away," B.C. Rain coach Anthony Shamburger said.

Williams is the third Mobile prospect to commit to a major Division I program so far this year, joining McGill-Toolen's Phelon Jones, who has committed to Miami (Fla.), and Sidell Corley, who has committed to Florida but is still considering Alabama and Auburn.

Four other local players listed in the Elite 18 -- Davidson's Michael McNeil and Damario Ambrose, UMS-Wright's Brandon Gibson and Williamson's Nick Fairley -- are still considering their college choices.

Mike Shula and his coaching staff would like to close the class with a flourish of in-state stars, and Mobile is the primary focus of their recruiting.

The Crimson Tide is hot on the trail of a handful of local prospects, including safety Michael McNeil of Davidson, defensive lineman Sidell Corley of McGill-Toolen, UMS-Wright receiver Brandon Gibson, and defensive back Ryan Williams of B.C. Rain. All of those players are highly ranked on the Press-Register's Elite 18 list of in-state prospects. Corley committed to Florida but has said he plans to visit other schools.

In recent years, Auburn -- and sometimes LSU -- has managed to win a large share of the recruiting battles for blue-chip Mobile-area prospects. There could be a different atmosphere now.

"The door is perceived to be open with turnover on the Auburn staff and (long-time Auburn assistant Joe) Whitt out of Mobile now," Reier said. "(Alabama is) throwing the kitchen sink at Mobile right now."

From an article 2 weeks or so ago. Just to say I told you so...

So Corley to :uf: , Ryan Williams to :au: , only two of the Mobile four left and one may be an :au: lean. Still not February yet though.

"The door is perceived to be open with turnover on the Auburn staff and (long-time Auburn assistant Joe) Whitt out of Mobile now," Reier said. "(Alabama is) throwing the kitchen sink at Mobile right now."

Kitchen sink = ist2_410217_stack_of_one_hundred_do.jpg

I certainly hope that "sink" doesn't hurt when it lands on the uaters TOES!

Archived