Juwan Simpson

quietfan

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere....xml&coll=3

Friday, August 25, 2006

TUSCALOOSA -- The burning question that has not been answered in Alabama's preseason camp -- will linebacker Juwan Simpson be suspended to open the season? -- is still a mystery to the senior from Decatur.

"Coach (Mike) Shula just told me to come out and have fun and play and when it's time for the decision to be made, it will be made," Simpson said Thursday.

Simpson was arrested in May on drug and gun charges after a traffic stop in Bessemer. He's in the midst of a one-year Drug Court to try to expunge a misdemeanor possession of marijuana charge from his record. Simpson paid a fine for carrying a handgun without a permit, a misdemeanor.

Shula has steadfastly maintained he will not publicly announce disciplinary action.

???

When Shula says he won't publicly announce it, I guess that means he won't announce it to the player in trouble either. <_< Although I suppose it's hard to tell the player if you don't know yourself. Guess if they don't have to play him against Hawaii, we all find out post-game (including Simpson) that that was his suspension.

"Shula just told me to come out and have fun and play..." so, does that mean no consequences at practice? ...no stadium steps? ...no extra running? What?

so, does that mean no consequences at practice? ...no stadium steps? ...no extra running? What?

That means he should have a good time cause ice cream is coming.

There wil be no punishment. From people involved in this I am hearing that CMS cannot punish him after BC ran all over CMS the last few years. The kids know that now. CMS cannot order them into the weight room etc without looking like a total hipocrite. JS plays against UH, no doubt.

Shula has steadfastly maintained he will not publicly announce disciplinary action.

And the reason for this is ... ... what, exactly? If you want to be known as a no-nonsense disciplinarian type one would think publicly announcing punishments would get your point across that you mean business, and would serve as a deterrent to other players. Take for example, Steve Spurrier. He has told his players simply that, "if you embarrass the University, then you're gone" and, he has been true to his words with the dismissal of several trouble makers his first couple of months on the job at USC -- even key starters such as Demetrius Summers. Haven't heard much from the rest of the USC players trying to challenge Spurrier, have we? In contrast, take the thug image that UT currently projects. Who thinks of Fulmer as a no-nonsense disciplinarian? And now Shulla thinks that not announcing disciplinary action is going to help keep his players in line. Anyone who is buying this bs please, explain to me how this policy is good for discipline because I just don't get it.

That means he should have a good time cause ice cream is coming

FOO_0_bluebell_217645_0713.jpg

There wil be no punishment. From people involved in this I am hearing that CMS cannot punish him after BC ran all over CMS the last few years. The kids know that now. CMS cannot order them into the weight room etc without looking like a total hipocrite. JS plays against UH, no doubt.

DKW I heard the same thing about Brodie from a Bama friend here at work. I thought he was just throwing ole # 12 under the bus like all the other Turd fans. But he told me it was common knowledge that Brodie did whatever he wanted to. That explains why the kid is so injury prone.

CMS the next Bahr - he won't even be the next Fran if he keeps this up.

Ice Cream-Ice Cream-ICE CREAM ! ! ! !

DKW I heard the same thing about Brodie from a Bama friend here at work. I thought he was just throwing ole # 12 under the bus like all the other Turd fans. But he told me it was common knowledge that Brodie did whatever he wanted to. That explains why the kid is so injury prone.

Yeah...he got his father's knee's and blew one out because he was "running all over shula" you have clue what you are talking about.

"i heard what she said about his cousin who plays on the scout team..."

come on. "inside" information on a message board is a joke.

David your sources have constantly come up incorrect when it comes to Alabama. I dont see why this situation would be any different.

David your sources have constantly come up incorrect when it comes to Alabama. I dont see why this situation would be any different.

BG, most of my inside stuff on Bama comes directly from Tider Insider and other Bama sites. I also have some RE family members. Want to point to some of my Bama inside stuff that was so incorrect?

. Want to point to some of my Bama inside stuff that was so incorrect?

I think back a year or so ago somebody said something about Flipper being a disciplinarian. We know that turned out to not be correct.

Yeah...he got his father's knee's and blew one out because he was "running all over shula" you have clue what you are talking about.

"i heard what she said about his cousin who plays on the scout team..."

come on. "inside" information on a message board is a joke.

I wasn't right about DJ Hall either, uh BG?

If it turns out to be true I can see it now, the mullet contingent double talking and spinning this until their collective heads pop off to try and justify CMS no punishment. I almost totally expect to hear from a large majority that the ice-cream/no punishment comments were to deflect attention away from the punishment CMS was having him do. I know Tater Tot was a BAD disciplinarian but DUI, drug charge, firearms charge even he would have said something about this.

If Coach Sheila had a brain or a backbone he would've told Simpson to shut his mouth a long time ago. I mean, if Sheila is trying to send the message that he's going to handle the discipline behind closed doors, Simpson would not STILL be running his mouth to the media about how he has no clue what kind of punishment he's going to get, if any. What a crock...how do you respect the guy as a coach if he's so shady like that? It'd almost be better if he just came out and say that he has no plans for punishing Simpson so the media will quit asking Simpson. That would at least stop Simpson from making Sheila look so bad...

You still have no clue what happened in that situation.

Numa, fortunately for shula, he doesnt have to answer to you or any of the other AU fans who are so arrogant to think he owes THEM an explanation.

Numa, fortunately for shula, he doesnt have to answer to you or any of the other AU fans who are so arrogant to think he owes THEM an explanation.

He owes us no explanation at all and SPUAT fans are obviously to scared to hold him accountable for running a disciplined program. I for one am glad that it does not bother you or the rest of your bretheran.....It gives us a good laugh daily.

Well, when CMS handles his business this way, you have to expect a negative reaction from rival fans. Come on, there's no way to spin this at all. I don't care what Shula's policy is, what Simpson did was serious and Shula should have dealt with it by now. We're one week away from the season and Simpson is telling the world that his coach is saying to just go out and have fun....I'll get with ya' later.

CMS may not be talking about it but Simpson is.

You're right, Shiela doesn't owe us an explaination, but I would think that he does owe an explaination to the Mullet Nation, or do you guys even care? The point is I think that most colleges, fans, supporters, etc. want to know that the head caoch has full control of the team and has the balls to give out punishment... even to the better players. Sheila has proven that he won't or can't punish his players, and no you can't call suspending Jessica Parker Wilson for one meaningless game for his screw up punishment. If I was a member of the Mullet Nation, I would be extremely pissed that Sheila hasn't given Marijuwana any punishment and likely won't. If ol' MariJane plays against UH, then UAT is in more trouble than you can ever imagine.

That's the difference between UAT and every other credible program in the country. A player at UAT screws up, don't punish him. A player at UAT spouts off to the newspaper about getting an "ice-cream" for punishment and basically disrespects Sheila's authority, don't punish him. Just give the guy a slap on the wrist and tell him to have fun in practice and everything will be OK. WHAT A JOKE!!! <_< Hell, Chris Keyes basically had to mame one of his teammates to be booted off. :blink:

What about us non-arrogant AU fans? :poke:

Look, I couldn't care less if he 'splains his disciplinary policy (guffaw) or not. I posed the question to the forum members here: if anyone is buying this bs, then please tell us why because it doesn't make any sense. Forget about Juwan's ... punishment(?) for a moment. How do you think other players on the team will react to this -- do you think they be deterred to do/act the same knowing that any punishment the coach hands out (if at all) won't be made public?

Shula's lack of communication with his own players is making him look bad...how that relates to Auburn fans, you tell me.

And if you have no problem with the way shula is handling such serious matters...I guess that says a lot about the differences between our two programs right now.

I dont have a problem with it because i dont know all the facts. And i dont know what punishment has taken place or will take place. Its not my job to know. And Im not so arrogant to think that what i read in the newspapers and on a message board is the same (or enough) as being a part of the team or coaching staff.

He doesnt owe alabama fans an explanation either. He owes Mal Moore an explanation because thats his boss.

Hell, Chris Keyes basically had to mame one of his teammates to be booted off.

Wrong. Chris Keys was the one who lost that fight.

He owes Mal Moore an explanation because thats his boss.

Wow that is some great checks and balances system in place there!

This is the same athletic Dept that:

1) Watched Wimp Sanderson beat his wife and secretary and covered it up for years. First police report was 5 years before WS was fired.

2) Watched Dubose lie about his relationship with Lil Debbie and then let the b*****d stay on as HC beacuse the 1999 season was supposed to be a good year for Bama. He did have to pay the whore off though, after thoroughly embarassing his wife and the University. Neither was more important than winning a few more games in 1999 by NOT replacing the coach.

3) Had 30 year booster friend of the program payout $150k for a DL.

4) Let Mike Price run wild in T-Town for months before he finally embarassed the University enough to let him go.

5) Had CDF leave for a better job because of all the insanity concerning the program.

6) Had University lawyers goof off and fail for almost two years to get CDF tied down to a contract that would have kept him there.

7) Was trying to run off a 10 win, #2 ranked HC in Bill Curry even before he lost to :au: three times.

8) Promised Howard Schnellenburger the job the August before Curry won ten straight games.

9) Has more former asst coaches and former players put teams on NCAA probation than likely any other school in the nation.

10) Had Gene Stallings playing an ineligible player during the 1993 season and did not report that to the NCAA. When he was askked about it said: "I am a football coach, not an NCAA investigator." Thereby clearing himself of all responsibility for :ua: having to forfeit almost the entitre 1993 season.

This is the same athletic Dept that:

1) Watched Wimp Sanderson beat his wife and secretary and covered it up for years. First police report was 5 years before WS was fired.

2) Watched Dubose lie about his relationship with Lil Debbie and then let the b*****d stay on as HC beacuse the 1999 season was supposed to be a good year for Bama. He did have to pay the whore off though, after thoroughly embarassing his wife and the University. Neither was more important than winning a few more games in 1999 by NOT replacing the coach.

3) Had 30 year booster friend of the program payout $150k for a DL.

4) Let Mike Price run wild in T-Town for months before he finally embarassed the University enough to let him go.

5) Had CDF leave for a better job because of all the insanity concerning the program.

6) Had University lawyers goof off and fail for almost two years to get CDF tied down to a contract that would have kept him there.

7) Was trying to run off a 10 win, #2 ranked HC in Bill Curry even before he lost to :au: three times.

8) Promised Howard Schnellenburger the job the August before Curry won ten straight games.

9) Has more former asst coaches and former players put teams on NCAA probation than likely any other school in the nation.

10) Had Gene Stallings playing an ineligible player during the 1993 season and did not report that to the NCAA. When he was askked about it said: "I am a football coach, not an NCAA investigator." Thereby clearing himself of all responsibility for :ua: having to forfeit almost the entitre 1993 season.

11) Turned up their noses to the NCAA when punishment was handed down, by...

.........A. Removing the NCAA logo from their uniforms.

.........B. Scheduling two "Bowl trips" to Hawaii when they weren't allowed postseason play.

.........C. <Fanbase> Clinging to the hope that suing the NCAA would right those wrong.

No wonder some of the players don't respect authority.

My biggest pet peeve is people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. That is one of the major problems with people today (in my opinion). I guess that describes Simpson. However, as a huge Auburn fan, maybe his punishment is that he HAS to play at ALABAMA this year.

My biggest pet peeve is people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. That is one of the major problems with people today (in my opinion). I guess that describes Simpson. However, as a huge Auburn fan, maybe his punishment is that he HAS to play at ALABAMA this year.

We Have a Winner

Archived