Juwan Simpson

quietfan

B. Scheduling two "Bowl trips" to Hawaii when they weren't allowed postseason play.

AU fans absolutely kill me with this one. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the hawaii trips. We didnt break any rules. Hawaii PAID for both trips. And it was a reward to guys who were on a team who had NOTHING to do with albert means...yet they were punished for it.

B. Scheduling two "Bowl trips" to Hawaii when they weren't allowed postseason play.

AU fans absolutely kill me with this one. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the hawaii trips. We didnt break any rules. Hawaii PAID for both trips. And it was a reward to guys who were on a team who had NOTHING to do with albert means...yet they were punished for it.

Personally, the Hawaii games didn't bother me (especially since y'all lost one ;) ) - in fact, I think it was a good idea. It was a good travel opportunity for the players and fans in those years you were unable to go to a bowl. If Auburn was in the same situation, I'd say go for it. Not that we will ever get in that situation while CTT is around - I foresee many legitimate and prestigious bowl trips for us in the future. B)

Soooo.....I guess, in the uater's world, You can do WHATEVER you wish, so long as it is not against the "rules"!?

Whatever happened to setting a good example? Whatever happened to DOING THE RIGHT thing reguardless?

This, more than any other post, shows the difference between the Success that Auburn is currently enjoying and the lack thereof at west vance.

Unreal.......

I have no problems with Bama making these trips....from a legal, no-rules-were-broken standpoint. Bama found a loophole, a loophole available to ANY D1 school, and took advantage of it.

I DO have a problem with doing it during a post-season ban, because of the message it sends. I DO have a problem with the "UP YOURS" mentality surrounding the Bama program right now (removing the NCAA logo was pretty classless, even if you disagreed with the ruling).

NCAA busts Bama. Bama skirts the punishment. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're rewarding innocent victims. Blah, blah, blah. I get it. Go buy them ice cream.

Soooo.....I guess, in the uater's world, You can do WHATEVER you wish, so long as it is not against the "rules"!?

Whatever happened to setting a good example? Whatever happened to DOING THE RIGHT thing reguardless?

This, more than any other post, shows the difference between the Success that Auburn is currently enjoying and the lack thereof at west vance.

Unreal.......

Going to Hawaii wasnt going against "doing the right thing"

You just dont like it because UA did it.

There is nothing wrong with their games in Hawaii.. It is a game on the schedule. The only thing that resembled a bowl game was the location. Some Auburn fans amaze me.. they will turn anything into a negative with Alabama. We have won 4 games in a row.. I don't think we should have to talk any more smack, that should be enough. And remember, we aren't invincible to players acting stupid. We have had our share in the past year, and they are taking a seat for a few games. Although, I would rather them be here against LSU.

Unreal.......

Going to Hawaii wasnt going against "doing the right thing"

You just dont like it because UA did it.

No, bg, as usual you are wrong. I would say the same thing if Coach Tuberville were to thumb his nose @ The NCAA. The good old boys @ west vance knew what they were doing and how it would be seen by the WORLD. You can deny the truth, but, that does not make it anything less than THE TRUTH.

p.s. You are simply jealous because you know I am right!

There is nothing wrong with their games in Hawaii.. It is a game on the schedule. The only thing that resembled a bowl game was the location. Some Auburn fans amaze me.. they will turn anything into a negative with Alabama. We have won 4 games in a row.. I don't think we should have to talk any more smack, that should be enough. And remember, we aren't invincible to players acting stupid. We have had our share in the past year, and they are taking a seat for a few games. Although, I would rather them be here against LSU.

You do know they scheduled those games as extra away games, added to the end of the regular schedule, AFTER they found out they were on a two year bowl ban right?

And you don't see that as sticking it to the NCAA?

You do know they scheduled those games as extra away games, added to the end of the regular schedule, AFTER they found out they were on a two year bowl ban right?

"None are so blind as those than WILL NOT (Not can't but WILL NOT) see!"

waiting...............bg?................Hello?

To reiterate or rephrase....

Bama played 13 regular season games when most teams played only 12 (legal, due to NCAA rules). Bama worked a bowl game out of it.

Yeah, it was a jab. A jab... but a legal jab and a very clever thing to do.

As far as "sticking it" to the NZAA, I don't think it really matters. We walked wounded for a long time b/c of the sanctions.... they got what they wanted to see.

As far as "sticking it" to the NZAA, I don't think it really matters. We walked wounded for a long time b/c of the sanctions.... they got what they wanted to see.

YOU CHEATED AND GOT CAUGHT!

What makes bama think they are above the sanctions?

<_<

YOU CHEATED AND GOT CAUGHT!

What makes bama think they are above the sanctions?

<_<

I'm not disputing that.

I think you misunderstood my "they got what they wanted to see" statement.

The Hawaii trip was completely within the rules, as was removing the NCAA from the uniforms. While within the letter of the law, both were viewed as a snub of the intent of the NCAA by more than just Auburn or SEC fans.

But to (attempt) to see things objectively, Bama fans should ask themselves "How would I have felt about both actions if Notre Dame, Southern Cal, or even TENNESSEE did the same thing after being sanctioned by the NCAA?" I suspect Bama fans would view things the same way we are if the Vols had acted the way Bama did.

I wasn't right about DJ Hall either, uh BG?

You still have no clue what happened in that situation.

Numa, fortunately for shula, he doesnt have to answer to you or any of the other AU fans who are so arrogant to think he owes THEM an explanation.

I think shula is doing a great job. I think he needs to make NO changes to his coaching staff. I think kines is a top notch defensive guy, "see 77 points given up to AU in the lsat 3 Iron Bowls" d. raider is a mastermind at off. coordinator. See offensive output after Pro's injury. I love shula the diciplinarian. So please for AU's sake don't change anything.

Numa, fortunately for shula, he doesnt have to answer to you or any of the other AU fans who are so arrogant to think he owes THEM an explanation.

I think shula is doing a great job. I think he needs to make NO changes to his coaching staff. I think kines is a top notch defensive guy, "see 77 points given up to AU in the last 3 Iron Bowls" d. raider is a mastermind at off. coordinator. See offensive output after Pro's injury. I love shula the diciplinarian. So please for AU's sake don't change anything.

:thumbsup: Post of the day!

Wow! :au: scores a 26 ppg avg. :o

Wow! :ua: scores a 18 ppg avg.

You have to remember that we called the dogs off in the 05 IB at halftime. The last two of the 04 game & first two of the 05 game = 49 points in 4 consecutive quarters. Even with a limited Nall O we score 28 on Bama. :o

Last four games:

:au: 94/4=23.5 or 24 ppg

:ua: 62/4=15.5 or 16 ppg

The 8 pt margin still holds....

Look for Shelia to announce after the conclusion of the Hawaii game that Simpson was actually suspended for portions of that game. Whenever they put that pitiful excuse for an offense on the field, Simpson will be benched. In fact, to make a strong statement as a strict disciplinarian, Flipper will continue this method of punishment for all games - Simpson will not get to play when the offense is on the field, and will effectively miss over a third of the season. (However, he will get ice cream to ease the sting of Mikey's tough yet tender reprimand).

I think shula is doing a great job. I think he needs to make NO changes to his coaching staff. I think kines is a top notch defensive guy, "see 77 points given up to AU in the last 3 Iron Bowls" d. raider is a mastermind at off. coordinator. See offensive output after Pro's injury. I love shula the diciplinarian. So please for AU's sake don't change anything.

:thumbsup: Post of the day!

Wow! :au: scores a 26 ppg avg. :o

Wow! :ua: scores a 18 ppg avg.

You have to remember that we called the dogs off in the 05 IB at halftime. The last two of the 04 game & first two of the 05 game = 49 points in 4 consecutive quarters. Even with a limited Nall O we score 28 on Bama. :o

Last four games:

:au: 94/4=23.5 or 24 ppg

:ua: 62/4=15.5 or 16 ppg

The 8 pt margin still holds....

But you forget that they won more quarters than we did.

Archived