ESPN staff picks

vatz22au

O N E game at a time........

That needs to be the motto for this season. "ONE game at a time".

but add "and beat bama" which is always the motto

but add "and beat bama" which is always the motto

I thought that was a giving T1. :roflol:

I like "ONE game at a time...and Beat Bama." Of course you could add "...and Beat Bama" to anything and it would sound good to me. "OH MY GOD THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE...and Beat Bama!!"

What is nice about being so highly praised at this point in the season is that it puts the ball squarely in OUR COURT. This was not the case in 2004, as the system was stacked against us and ended up burning us.

It is all up to Auburn now. ONE game at a time...and BEAT BAMA.

ESPN lists its ACC favorites as FSU, Miami and Clemson. YAWN . . . OK, all are good programs, and I'm sure they'll all be pretty good this year, but wasn't the ACC supposed to bypass the SEC as the top conference in college football??? Not anytime soon, methinks. I'd make Auburn and LSU, and maybe UF and UGA as well, at least a TD favorite against any of FSU, UM or Clemson.

That said, Auburn has a tougher road than the non-SEC contenders, considering it'd have to beat LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, UF and UGA (one of the latter two twice - sorry, Great Pumpkin) to get there. Texas and Ohio State play each other, but the winner, whoever it is, would have a (much?) easier road than AU - the second best teams / programs on either's schedule (Mich for OSU; OU for Tex) are both pretty much basket cases right now. (OK, maybe Iowa will be better than Michigan, but they won't better than LSU, UF or UGA.)

Coming back down to terra firma, however, I concur wholeheartedly with the ONE GAME AT A TIME philosophy. LSU, UGA, UF and others have been mentioned, but Wazzoo will undoubtedly be good enough and motivated enough to win if AU doesn't come to play. ("Beat Bama," "Fear the Thumb," etc. may be more fun, but my suggestion for a secondary slogan would be "REMEMBER ORLANDO.") They will score some points against our work-in-progress defense (especially given the depleted state of the back seven), so Brandon, Kenny, Courtney & Co had better be ready.

Either way, we'll find out soon . . .

War Eagle.

one game at a time Nah....just keep being cocky and run your mouth anyway if you loose or not.I'm still "Auburn" even if we loose.That's how confidence is built....and stays built.We deserve to be number 4 and a another shot at the title.Somebody's got to win it why not us?This is a clear cut version of stage fright,and the only way to beat it is to go on stage and think you're the stuff,and if your not so what,still think you're the stuff. :)

one game at a time Nah....just keep being cocky and run your mouth anyway if you loose or not.I'm still "Auburn" even if we loose.That's how confidence is built....and stays built.We deserve to be number 4 and a another shot at the title.Somebody's got to win it why not us?This is a clear cut version of stage fright,and the only way to beat it is to go on stage and think you're the stuff,and if your not so what,still think you're the stuff. :)

I believe that is what happened to us in the Capital One Bowl ... we thought we were the stuff before the game ... thinking you are the stuff ends up costing in the long run ... after first winning, then think you are the stuff ... but in that order.

I believe that is what happened to us in the Capital One Bowl ... we thought we were the stuff before the game ... thinking you are the stuff ends up costing in the long run ... after first winning, then think you are the stuff ... but in that order.

The fans feeling confident and "cocky" probably has no effect on the game itself. It all comes down to the players and what their mindset is.

Bull...... Miami and Fla and Fla St during their hayday ALWAYS thought they were IT and they constantly PROVE it.Somehow this rule only applies to Auburn why I don't know.??? I know it will never apply to my thinking.If this rule does apply then all of those holding up four fingers and screaming fear the thumb better be quite.

By the way the Capital one bowl in my opinion was a gimie to an out going Wisconsin coach...and Gibbs was already had his foot outward bound to the NFL at halftime(he didn't care).

Archived